Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament elects "Barham Saleh" as President of the Republic of Iraq

yota691

The coalition of construction nominates al-Maliki for prime minister and al-Azzawi to head the parliament and al-Amari as Vice President of the Republic

images2.jpe

BAGHDAD, Iraq - September 4: Informed sources reported on Tuesday that "the coalition of construction, nominated the Vice President of the Republic, Nuri al-Maliki as prime minister, Rashid al-Azzawi to head the parliament and al-Ameri for the post of vice president.

She pointed out that "the coalition of building, which includes a coalition of state law and the alliance of Fatah, also nominated Faleh Fayyad for the post of Deputy Prime Minister, and Ahmad al-Asadi to the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, and Ahmad al-Jubouri as Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Khamis Khanjar for the post of Vice President and Naim Aboudi Minister of Interior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

New Parliament, same disfunction. 

Sessions postponed, Kurds are boycotting, accusations are flying...  Next up - throwing of the water bottles :facepalm2:

This would be a great time to have the shoe concession in parliament's lobby... 👞  👠 👟 👡 👞 👢 👟 👞

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

119907.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/09/04 16:37
  • Number of readings 18
  •  

Member of the reform describes the submission of construction block signatures of deputies of the "serious"

BAGHDAD / 

MP Fatim al-Tamimi said on Tuesday (September 4th, 2018) that the construction coalition submitted a list of signatures to individual MPs is a "dangerous precedent." He pointed out that the purpose is to benefit "illegally" from the votes of an electoral list in favor of a list Other Competition.

Al-Tamimi said in a press statement that "what happened in the session of the House of Representatives on Monday, September 3, 2018, from the opening of the session and the oath of the section represents the first step to abide by the Constitution and the timing of the formation of the government and the three presidencies and the provision of the largest bloc," noting that "our alliance and the decision of the Federal Court in 2010, 76 of the Constitution presented to the President of the Age paper our alliance signed by the heads of alliances affiliated with the largest bloc.

Al-Tamimi added that "the other alliance, which is a coalition of construction signatures of deputies is a dangerous precedent, because most of the deputies in the case of checking the number of votes obtained and enabled them to enter the parliament is not enough and did not reach the threshold of the election, but they won the votes of masses, "Adding that" one of the deputies got six thousand votes in Baghdad and in the case of calculating the value of the seat in the capital is 27 thousand votes, therefore, the rest of the votes are not entitled and is not entitled to benefit from them illegally to serve another bloc competition is a maturity of the bloc. "

Al-Tamimi explained that "the deputies' going in this manner for different reasons is contrary to logic and the different commitments they signed during their joining the electoral blocs."

The building block, which includes the rule of law and the opening and a number of political forces announced, on Monday (September 3, 2018), the accession of 153 deputies signed "live and direct and not through the head of the bloc," noting that it is waiting to be mandated to form a government.

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/149121/عضو-بالاصلاح-يصف-تقديم-كتلة-البناء-لتواقيع-نواب-بالسابقة-الخطيرة

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Postponed.... go figure?

Fuss & bother & argument right outta the gate. . . Reminds me of the Monty Python skit with Palin/Cleese “ I’d like to have an argument “ - I’m on my Phone so I can’t bring it over. Suffice to say, Palin catches Cleese arguing off the clock, to which Cleese replys - “ I could be arguing in my spare time “

If these Pin heads aren’t arguing in “ their spare time “ they might lose their “edge”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

The coalition of construction nominates al-Maliki for prime minister and al-Azzawi to head the parliament and al-Amari as Vice President of the Republic

images2.jpe

BAGHDAD, Iraq - September 4: Informed sources reported on Tuesday that "the coalition of construction, nominated the Vice President of the Republic, Nuri al-Maliki as prime minister, Rashid al-Azzawi to head the parliament and al-Ameri for the post of vice president.

She pointed out that "the coalition of building, which includes a coalition of state law and the alliance of Fatah, also nominated Faleh Fayyad for the post of Deputy Prime Minister, and Ahmad al-Asadi to the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, and Ahmad al-Jubouri as Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Khamis Khanjar for the post of Vice President and Naim Aboudi Minister of Interior.

They should have KILLED him a long time ago!!! WTH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Sessions postponed, Kurds are boycotting, accusations are flying...  Next up - throwing of the water bottles :facepalm2:

one cannot overlook the ever popular cafeteria cane fighting ...... itsa crowd pleaser 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Party of Destruction is more Appropriate.  It is obvious what Maliki and his crew are doing. It’s the same thing they did in the election. 

They make all kind of charges that they were wronged and then it takes weeks or months to figure out they lost or were not wronged.  

Iran is causing mayhem through its Iraqi proxy Politicians.  They are doing anything they can to stall, disrupt, or control the Iraqi Government.  I expect more Protesting after this latest round of rubbish.  

Wow, after I wrote the paragraph above I realized it kind of sounds like what is going on in the USA.  Phony collusion charges to disrupt and embarrass the current President. Protests, Media obsession and fake news stories, Politicians demanding impeachment.   Resistance!!!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I guess Maliki figures they cant hang him but once so he's throwing everything he can at them. You know he had a good day when Iran gave their blessing for a successful first day of parliament.

Meet one day take a two week break, yep this is the GOI we've watched over the years. Time for that million man melt down Sadr has been talking about, he needs to close the streets an every building in Baghdad until they form a government. The federal courts needs to make sure not one dime is spent going to salaries or perks.

You gotta know their glad I'm not running their country for them...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dinarham said:

Hillarious was also "nominated " and look what happened to her .  No worries folks ,there is a silent majority . Whenever I see a picture of Maliki  , a vision of him in an orange speedo pops into my head 

Eeeeesh . . . Now I gotta slaughter a hog to get that image of Maliki in a speedo outta my head . . . 😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

So much for “ hitting the ground running “ and making it happen.🤪 Barely outta the Shute and the Horses are back in their stalls. :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Editorial Date: 2018/9/4 15:42 • 213 times read
Parliament raises its meeting to 15 September to elect the Presidency [expanded]
[Ayna-Baghdad] 
The House of Representatives resumed its first session of the first legislative term of its first legislative year in its fourth electoral session, headed by the deputy President Mohamed Ali Zinni on Tuesday.
At the beginning of the meeting, the head of the age stressed the importance of commitment to attend the session and the constitutional times, calling on the deputies to pay attention to the interest of the nation and the people. 
Ahmed Abdullah al-Jubouri and Hana Turki al-Tai were sworn in as members of the House of Representatives. 
In the interventions of deputies MP Majida Tamimi asked members of some parliamentary blocs to attend the session and not to be absent. 
MP Burhan al-Mamouri called on the parliamentary blocs to abide by constitutional terms and attendance at the meetings, warning of the repercussions of boycotting the meetings on the situation of the country. 
Ines Naji pointed out that the lack of respect for the constitutional timing will lead to negative effects on the reality, especially in the presence of problems suffered by the people. 
The MP called Sadiq Hamid members of the parliamentary blocs to attend the meetings and abide by the Constitution in order to ensure the evolution of the political process.
MP Zeitoun al-Dulaimi stressed the importance of the performance of the political blocs for their parliamentary role in the election of a president and two deputies. 
In turn, MP Amer al-Fayez that the absence of the intended session represents an unsuccessful start of the work of the House of Representatives, especially that the people waiting for the completion of services and important laws. 
MP Tarzan Obaid told parliamentarians not to resort to partisan subversions. 
On the other hand, Mohamed Ali Zinni, the head of age, presented the opinion of the Legislative Affairs Advisor in the House of Representatives on the mechanism of electing the Presidency of the Council of Representatives and included the announcement by the President of the Sun about the opening of the nomination for the President of the Council and his deputies. The Council elects a first president and then the first deputy and the second deputy by an absolute majority of the members of the Council In the secret election according to Article VII of the rules of procedure, indicating that the door of nomination shall be for the President and his deputies at once before the closure of the nomination.
Then the head of the age announced the determination of Saturday, September 15, a date for the election of the Speaker of the House of Representatives and his deputies.
  • Thanks 1

Date of release: 2018/9/4 15:22  294 times read
Parliament resumes its first session and sets a date for the election of the Presidency
(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The House of Representatives resumed its first session of the first legislative term of its first legislative year in its fourth election session, headed by Deputy Mohammad Ali Zinni, head of age on Tuesday.
At the beginning of the meeting, the head of the age stressed the importance of commitment to attend the session and the constitutional times, calling on the deputies to pay attention to the interest of the nation and the people. 
Ahmed Abdullah al-Jubouri and Hana Turki al-Tai were sworn in as members of the House of Representatives. 
In the interventions of deputies MP Majida Tamimi asked members of some parliamentary blocs to attend the session and not to be absent. 
MP Burhan al-Mamouri called on the parliamentary blocs to abide by constitutional terms and attendance at the meetings, warning of the repercussions of boycotting the meetings on the situation of the country. 
Ines Naji pointed out that the lack of respect for the constitutional timing will lead to negative effects on the reality, especially in the presence of problems suffered by the people. 
The MP called Sadiq Hamid members of the parliamentary blocs to attend the meetings and abide by the Constitution in order to ensure the evolution of the political process.
MP Zeitoun al-Dulaimi stressed the importance of the performance of the political blocs for their parliamentary role in the election of a president and two deputies. 
In turn, MP Amer al-Fayez that the absence of the intended session represents an unsuccessful start of the work of the House of Representatives, especially that the people waiting for the completion of services and important laws. 
The MP called two women and gentlemen MPs to refrain from resorting to partisan subjugation. 
On the other hand, Mohamed Ali Zinni, the head of age, presented the opinion of the Legislative Affairs Advisor in the House of Representatives on the mechanism of electing the Presidency of the Council of Representatives and included the announcement by the President of the Sun about the opening of the nomination for the President of the Council and his deputies. The Council elects a first president and then the first deputy and the second deputy by an absolute majority of the members of the Council In the secret election according to Article VII of the rules of procedure, indicating that the door of nomination shall be for the President and his deputies at once before the closure of the nomination.
Then the head of the age announced the date of Saturday, September 15, the date for the election of the Speaker of the House of Representatives and his deputies

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Fuss & bother & argument right outta the gate. . . Reminds me of the Monty Python skit with Palin/Cleese “ I’d like to have an argument “ - I’m on my Phone so I can’t bring it over. Suffice to say, Palin catches Cleese arguing off the clock, to which Cleese replys - “ I could be arguing in my spare time “

If these Pin heads aren’t arguing in “ their spare time “ they might lose their “edge”

I’m a huge Python fan, I remember this well 😆

• Thanks 1

Abadi's policy sees the largest bloc "numerically resolved" and invites the political blocs

Abadi sees the largest bloc "numerically resolved" and invites the political blocs

Twilight News    

The Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi, on Tuesday, resolve the issue of the largest bloc to form the next government.

"The largest bloc has been decided numerically and at the list level, according to the interpretation of the Federal Court and Article 19 of the Parties Law," Abadi told the weekly conference.

Abadi called on the political blocs to "sit back at the dialogue table and abide by constitutional dates for the election of the speaker of parliament."

The President of the age, Mohamed Ali Zinni on Tuesday a consultative meeting with the heads and members of the parliamentary blocs to discuss the constitutional deadlines for the election of the Presidency of the House of Representatives.

A statement issued by the Information Department of the Council responded to the twilight news that during the meeting held in the Constitutional Hall discussed the mechanisms of electing the Speaker of the House of Representatives and his deputies and the constitutional deadlines in this regard.

The statement added that the majority of the two parties agreed to set the date of Saturday, September 15, the date for the election of the Speaker of the House of Representatives and his deputies.

Keywords: 
.http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/99cb49bb-d582-494a-8c0b-59094c8968ef
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Legal: The adjournment of the session is illegal and contrary to the constitution and the rules of procedure

15:32 - 04/09/2018

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%

Information / Special ...

The legal expert, Ali al-Tamimi, on Tuesday, that the postponement of the session of the Council of Representatives to 15 September is contrary to the Constitution and the rules of procedure of Parliament.

Al-Tamimi said in a statement to Al-Maaloumah that "the postponement of today's meeting is contrary to Articles 54 and 55 of the law, as well as violation of the rules of procedure of the House of Representatives."

He pointed out that "the Federal Court has ruled in 2010 that the selection of the Speaker of Parliament and his deputies during the first session of the House of Representatives and otherwise is a violation of the Constitution."

He added that "all decisions taken to leave the meeting open or postponed is a clear violation of the Constitution and the law and the rules of procedure of Parliament."

The head of the Iraqi parliament in its fourth session, Mohamed Ali Zinni, set the date of Tuesday, 15 of this month as the date for the election of the President of the Council, and his deputies, after the failure of political forces to choose the body during the first two days of the first session, which began on Monday 3 September and resumed Tuesday .anthy 25 t

http://www.almaalomah.com/2018/09/04/341330/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Baghdad Post Tuesday, 04 September 2018 11:02 PM

Al-Sunaid reveals the reason why the large Kurdish forces did not resolve their position on the larger bloc

b650ae57e7fd446dcd7e126c020d2bf9

Ali Al-Sunaid

Ali al-Sunaid, leader of the victory coalition, led by Haider Abadi, on Tuesday, attacked the Kurdish political forces "big" because of not resolving their position on the formation of the largest parliamentary bloc.

He stressed, "Al-Sunaid," in an interview, that the large Kurdish forces have not resolved their position of the largest bloc, deliberately to continue to bargain and blackmail the parties that are working to form the largest bloc, pointing out that some of these forces have demands unconstitutional, Negotiate their accession to the largest bloc.

He added that he accused the political forces "bargaining and extortion" parties seeking to form the bloc.

(AFP)

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/120590/السنيد-يكشف-السبب-وراء-عدم-حسم-القوى-الكردية-الكبيرة-موقفها-من-الكتلة-الأكبر

• yota691 changed the title to Parliament elects "Barham Saleh" as President of the Republic of Iraq
  • Adam Montana locked this topic