Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It's Football Time...NFL favorite Team

pacmen

6 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

As a lowly Brown's Fan......I can tell you any kneeling done by the Browns is done in prayer for a WIN.  B)

Image result for cleveland dog pound football gif

GO RV, then BV 

Don't be surprise ....I predict the browns get to the second round in the playoff....you got two scrambling QB's which is a plus...two good recevier...ok  Defense.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bostonangler said:

And ESPN has decided not to even show the national anthem, so no watching ESPN or their 15 channels or streaming or website... Soon sports will be dead...

ESPN Says It Won't Air National Anthem Before Monday Night Football Games

Avoiding potential controversy over showing players kneeling in protest of racial inequality, ESPN won’t broadcast the national anthem before any Monday Night Football games this year.

“We generally have not broadcasted the anthem and I don’t think that will change this year,” ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro said Friday, according to news site Axios. “Our plan going into this year is to not broadcast the anthem.”

The national anthem had long been a staple of sports games until two years ago, when San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Then-presidential candidate Donald Trump capitalized on the ensuing firestorm and has railed against the protests ever since.

The furor has put broadcasters a difficult spot. If they broadcast protests during the anthem, they risk adding to the controversy. If they don’t show the anthem, they face criticism from people who support the kneeling players.

In October, Fox Sports said it would no longer air coverage of the national anthem before NFL games after members of the New Orleans Saints team kneeled before the music began. In January, NBC decided to air the anthem and any protests that accompanied it, although no players kneeled when the anthem was played.

ESPN broadcast the anthem during certain games last year, when it was played alongside events the network deemed newsworthy, such as moments of silence to honor tragedies. Pitaro said that ESPN does not see itself as a political organization.

“It’s not our job to cover politics, purely, but we’ll cover the intersection of sports and politics,” Pitaro said. “When something happens, when the Eagles are disinvited from White House, or when someone takes a knee, if we think newsworthy we’re going to cover it.”

B/A

One Word..."Rating"....Sad

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bostonangler said:

And ESPN has decided not to even show the national anthem, so no watching ESPN or their 15 channels or streaming or website... Soon sports will be dead...

ESPN Says It Won't Air National Anthem Before Monday Night Football Games

Avoiding potential controversy over showing players kneeling in protest of racial inequality, ESPN won’t broadcast the national anthem before any Monday Night Football games this year.

“We generally have not broadcasted the anthem and I don’t think that will change this year,” ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro said Friday, according to news site Axios. “Our plan going into this year is to not broadcast the anthem.”

The national anthem had long been a staple of sports games until two years ago, when San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Then-presidential candidate Donald Trump capitalized on the ensuing firestorm and has railed against the protests ever since.

The furor has put broadcasters a difficult spot. If they broadcast protests during the anthem, they risk adding to the controversy. If they don’t show the anthem, they face criticism from people who support the kneeling players.

In October, Fox Sports said it would no longer air coverage of the national anthem before NFL games after members of the New Orleans Saints team kneeled before the music began. In January, NBC decided to air the anthem and any protests that accompanied it, although no players kneeled when the anthem was played.

ESPN broadcast the anthem during certain games last year, when it was played alongside events the network deemed newsworthy, such as moments of silence to honor tragedies. Pitaro said that ESPN does not see itself as a political organization.

“It’s not our job to cover politics, purely, but we’ll cover the intersection of sports and politics,” Pitaro said. “When something happens, when the Eagles are disinvited from White House, or when someone takes a knee, if we think newsworthy we’re going to cover it.”

B/A

tenor.gif?itemid=12401372

• Haha 1

I tossed all nike branded clothing in the trash, wont even donate it.

There's not many times I've actively hoped for a companies demise, but have to admit, I would much rather see the company crash than watch them slowly recover market share after dumping this insanely ignorant campaign.

Just in case there was any chance the nfl would recover from last year, all hope of that is gone.

For the record, I planned on continuing my total football blackout after the weak response to the players union.

It's time for a year of replacements, I'd much rather watch 2nd string patriots battle it out than the spoiled angry morons too stupid to even understand how thankful they should be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, divemaster5734 said:

I tossed all nike branded clothing in the trash, wont even donate it.

There's not many times I've actively hoped for a companies demise, but have to admit, I would much rather see the company crash than watch them slowly recover market share after dumping this insanely ignorant campaign.

Just in case there was any chance the nfl would recover from last year, all hope of that is gone.

For the record, I planned on continuing my total football blackout after the weak response to the players union.

It's time for a year of replacements, I'd much rather watch 2nd string patriots battle it out than the spoiled angry morons too stupid to even understand how thankful they should be. 

APreciate your thought on this matter.....What day is your Trash pickup day...lol....just kidding with ya

Loltenor.gif?itemid=5189554

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Starrider said:

https://trumpbetrayed.us/all/breaking-michael-jordan-resigns-from-the-board-at-nike-takes-air-jordans-with-him/

BREAKING: Michael Jordan Resigns From The Board At Nike-Takes ‘Air Jordans’ With Him

https://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/3469723-fake-news-breaking-michael-jordan-resigns-from-the-board-at-nike-takes-air-jordans-with-him.html

Did Michael Jordan resign from the board at Nike and did he take his "Air Jordans" brand with him? No, that's not real, it was made up by a site that pretends to be satirical and tries to trick conservatives and Trump supporters into liking and sharing fake news so the fans of the site can mock them for it. It did not happen, it is not true.

The story originated from an article on Amerca's Last Line of Defense (using the domain name trumpbetrayed.us) published on September 5, 2018 titled "BREAKING: Michael Jordan Resigns From The Board At Nike-Takes 'Air Jordans' With Him" (archived here) which opened:

Michael Jordan has walked away from the Board of Directors at Nike, taking his patented "Air Jordan" line with him. While Jordan has made no public statement, his spokesman, basketball great Art Tubolls, told us under the condition of anonymity:

"Michael is a patriot. His father served this country. His grandpappy was raised free by a man who fought for the South. He doesn't have this hatred for everyone because kids don't listen to cops. He's completely against the hiring of a traitor and is taking his shoes elsewhere."

Air Jordans are Michael's own design. He obtained the patent for the exclusive pump and anti-gravity liquids in 1987. Since then, Air Jordans have sold more than a billion pairs of shoes in literally every country on Earth. There are two pairs floating on the feet of astronauts in space at this very moment.

Screenshot of https://trumpbetrayed.us/all/breaking-michael-jordan-resigns-from-the-board-at-nike-takes-air-jordans-with-him/

Users on social media only saw this title, description and thumbnail:

BREAKING: Michael Jordan Resigns From The Board At Nike-Takes 'Air Jordans' With Him

Michael Jordan was always a respectful athlete.

However the "spokesperson" Art Tubbols does not exist: his name is an anagram for "Busta Troll", the nickname of the owner of the website that originally published the hoax. And the words "walked away" linked to a Google translation of the phrase "You can stop. None of this is true. Click an ad and then move on with your day."

If all of that isn't enough to convince you the story is fake: the site comes with a clear satire disclaimer at the bottom of each article:

sat·ire ~ˈsaˌtī(ə)r
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, OR ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
If you disagree with the definition of satire or have decided it is synonymous with "comedy," you should really just move along.

The owner and main writer of the site is self-professed liberal troll Christopher Blair, a man from Maine who has made it his full time job to troll gullible conservatives and Trump supporters into liking and sharing his articles. He runs several other websites, including potatriotpost.us, dailyworldupdate.us and nofakenewsonline.us. Sometimes he is also known under his nickname "Busta Troll". A second man working on the sites is John Prager as revealed in this earlier story we wrote.

Articles from Blair's sites frequently get copied by "real" fake news sites who often omit the satire disclaimer and any other hints the stories are fake. Blair has tried to get these sites shut down in the past but new ones keep cropping up and he keeps knocking them down.

If you see one of his stories on a site that does not contain a satire disclaimer, assume it is fake news. If you do see the satire disclaimer it is of course also fake news.

We wrote about trumpbetrayed.us before, here are our most recent articles that mention the site:

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, gregp said:

https://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/3469723-fake-news-breaking-michael-jordan-resigns-from-the-board-at-nike-takes-air-jordans-with-him.html

Did Michael Jordan resign from the board at Nike and did he take his "Air Jordans" brand with him? No, that's not real, it was made up by a site that pretends to be satirical and tries to trick conservatives and Trump supporters into liking and sharing fake news so the fans of the site can mock them for it. It did not happen, it is not true.

The story originated from an article on Amerca's Last Line of Defense (using the domain name trumpbetrayed.us) published on September 5, 2018 titled "BREAKING: Michael Jordan Resigns From The Board At Nike-Takes 'Air Jordans' With Him" (archived here) which opened:

Michael Jordan has walked away from the Board of Directors at Nike, taking his patented "Air Jordan" line with him. While Jordan has made no public statement, his spokesman, basketball great Art Tubolls, told us under the condition of anonymity:

"Michael is a patriot. His father served this country. His grandpappy was raised free by a man who fought for the South. He doesn't have this hatred for everyone because kids don't listen to cops. He's completely against the hiring of a traitor and is taking his shoes elsewhere."

Air Jordans are Michael's own design. He obtained the patent for the exclusive pump and anti-gravity liquids in 1987. Since then, Air Jordans have sold more than a billion pairs of shoes in literally every country on Earth. There are two pairs floating on the feet of astronauts in space at this very moment.

Screenshot of https://trumpbetrayed.us/all/breaking-michael-jordan-resigns-from-the-board-at-nike-takes-air-jordans-with-him/

Users on social media only saw this title, description and thumbnail:

BREAKING: Michael Jordan Resigns From The Board At Nike-Takes 'Air Jordans' With Him

Michael Jordan was always a respectful athlete.

However the "spokesperson" Art Tubbols does not exist: his name is an anagram for "Busta Troll", the nickname of the owner of the website that originally published the hoax. And the words "walked away" linked to a Google translation of the phrase "You can stop. None of this is true. Click an ad and then move on with your day."

If all of that isn't enough to convince you the story is fake: the site comes with a clear satire disclaimer at the bottom of each article:

sat·ire ~ˈsaˌtī(ə)r
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, OR ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
If you disagree with the definition of satire or have decided it is synonymous with "comedy," you should really just move along.

The owner and main writer of the site is self-professed liberal troll Christopher Blair, a man from Maine who has made it his full time job to troll gullible conservatives and Trump supporters into liking and sharing his articles. He runs several other websites, including potatriotpost.us, dailyworldupdate.us and nofakenewsonline.us. Sometimes he is also known under his nickname "Busta Troll". A second man working on the sites is John Prager as revealed in this earlier story we wrote.

Articles from Blair's sites frequently get copied by "real" fake news sites who often omit the satire disclaimer and any other hints the stories are fake. Blair has tried to get these sites shut down in the past but new ones keep cropping up and he keeps knocking them down.

If you see one of his stories on a site that does not contain a satire disclaimer, assume it is fake news. If you do see the satire disclaimer it is of course also fake news.

We wrote about trumpbetrayed.us before, here are our most recent articles that mention the site:

He did He didn't  He did He didn't  He did He didn't  :shrug: FAKE NEWS has to go Sorry if my post was FAKE or was it.

Starr

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Starrider said:

He did He didn't  He did He didn't  He did He didn't  :shrug: FAKE NEWS has to go Sorry if my post was FAKE or was it.

Starr

I have no idea what’s going on. Your post had me doing some research and i thought I would post this article. 

Thanks for your post. 👍👍

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Personally I don't care what happens at NIKE... I bought a pair of sneakers once that cost over $100 and they lasted about 3 months before they started falling apart... I would never buy any of their crappy products again... JMHO

B.A

And unless you're a professional, Nike golf balls don't fly straight either......a hook here!....a slice there!....pure trash.  :lol:

Image result for nike golf gif

GO RV, then BV

2 hours ago, Starrider said:

If this ride ever comes to an end let's start a league of our own. We could meet twice a year for the outing at a different Golf Course every year.

Starr

I'm with you on that Starrider ! How about they take a knee for God almighty and just once consider that they are in the greatest country of the world ! Hot damn this whole BS gets my blood boiling ! My whole family is not going to support the NFL...."not for long" if they don't stand for America ! God bless America. 

• Upvote 2