Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Away from the protests .. Iraqis are waiting to activate the law of the National Oil Company in September

keylime

If Luigi can post his and most everyone is ok with it except me, than both your opinions/ guesstimations are great but they are for a country that would steal the glasses off thier mothers nose and not sure if a RV would be possible if the theft does not stop. Ok, there is my guesstimations 

Oh, and it will RV one month after Maliki head drops from his body which will be approximately 6 months from today. 

Edited by jg1
  • Haha 1

Iraq will not RV it’s currency this year! We all know that. Like I said if we didn’t see the RV in July 2018, I was putting mine back in the safe deposit box. JMHO I think that 2023 is a realistic time frame. Based on all the information we have! I really hope I’m wrong because I’m on the backside of 60! I really wanted to do a lot of good things while I was healthy, If I’m alive, I still plan on helping a lot of hurting people. That’s the reason I’m sad that we are not going to see an RV any time  soon! I’m Praying that I’m wrong!!! JMHO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Floridian, are u sure u r not a lawyer by any chance?, lol. What u just did is a lawyer like...that is what i used to learn at law school. My law professor used to tell us students not to say anything too much...and we asked why? He would tell us to avoid too many mistakes, lol

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, navira said:

Floridian, are u sure u r not a lawyer by any chance?, lol. What u just did is a lawyer like...that is what i used to learn at law school. My law professor used to tell us students not to say anything too much...and we asked why? He would tell us to avoid too many mistakes, lol

No, not a lawyer.  I usually say too much.  😂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Theseus said:

I have and will continue to maintain that the RV will not happen before Iraq completes the SBA of 2016. They tried to do it after the SBA of 2009 

With all due respect sir....I simply cannot see the connections between SBA and the RV......my bad.

When a country, any country (incl. Iraq) decides to borrow from IMF, they must agree to adjust their economic policies to overcome the problems that led them to seek funding from IMF in the first place.

And these agreement (to adjust policies) are spelt out and agreed upon (by IMF and the country) are then documented in their MEFP for monitoring purposes. 

These are basically financial (fiscal) and economic issues, not monetary issues.

Exchange rates, RV and devaluations are monetary issues and not part of 2016 SBA (MEFP).

jmo....✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

Your reading comprehension needs work.

Starting with the sentence:

Theseus:  “You have better, then come forth with it prove it to everyone that given the facts shown will produce some other result”

You interpreted it to mean:

Me:  I had better come forth with proof you say?  A little threatening, no????

No, the sentence if stated"You have better come with proof" would have been a threatening statement. Since the original statement includes a comma and the word "then" the statement becomes a suggestion that "if you have better facts then come forth with them". There is nothing threatening about the original statement. Sorry, you were triggered about that. A comma makes the difference.

Next, you seem to hang on the 2023 date which was an arbitrary date pulled out of the air to make a point. Again, your reading comprehension is suspect here because I have always stated after the completion of the SBA 2016 which ends in 2019. After could be anytime after that and the 2023 date was to highlight that fact. The fact the financial projections in the SBA of 2016 go out to 2021 could give a potential clue of an RV happening any time between 2019 and 2021.

I never said an RV of $1.00. I said equal to the dollar or greater. It could be a dollar and could be more. I was actually given a possible figure of $1.16 when presented with this investment. It could be a penny; it could be as high as 3.00 USD. I stated my reasoning for this in an earlier posting. (removing the three zeros .00086 would put it at .86 USD to 1 dinar bringing it to 1.16)

You confuse "high horse" with confidence. You attack me rather than the analysis and which is why I make this response. I have a firm belief in what I espouse but I also bounce things off of people to get feedback and their opinion.

Your response to the lower denoms, I believe is right and have said so a while back when I am under the understanding that Iraq would like to pair their denominations with that of the US because it would make it easier for educational purposes at this point. Of understanding that Iraqi's are using dollars in their daily transactions. Also, a lot of countries use these denominations (1,5,10, 20, 50 and 100). When it comes to the 25,000 dinars that will go away should Iraq.

Again when I was presented with the investment I was told Shabibi preferred the summer to the beginning of the year for an RV. Since the SBA of 2016 ends in July 2019, this gives perfect timing. However, I have stated in the past maybe 2020 due to the fact that if the RV does not happen in the summer of 2019, then the next chance would be the beginning of the year in 2020. People have bantered around several times in which this could happen. El-Eid, the end of Ramadan when Iraq has been known to gift the masses. At the end of March into April, which is the end of the first quarter. The end of June, beginning of July, when the new session of the GOI ends/begins. End of September/October when the third quarter ends. All of these dates have been bantered about. However, Shabibi did say best time was summer and if not, the beginning of the year for an RV.

Your opinion is based on the facts as you have them. Again they are not mine. I stated my opinion based on the facts as I have them. You know when I first stated this, people scoffed and howled at me just like you did. Every year they said "this is the year" and I held firm. In all of that time, I would have loved to be proven wrong on so many accounts. However, since July 2016, we sit here in 2018 with no RV. 

As to the post, the SBA does not tie in with the RV, I would have you go back over the SBA and the suggestions from the first and second review. While economic policies and financial policies come from the subsequent reviews, these policies as suggested by the IMF tie in directly with monetary policies leading to an RV. And you are right the RV is not explicitly stated in the SBA but neither was it stated in the 2009 SBA when Shabibi tried to RV in 2012 which was stopped. But think for a moment and connect the dots. What is needed for Iraq to RV, what infrastructure and policies are needed to RV beside the HCL? Nothing really, not even the HCL. So what is holding Iraq back? Follow what Iraq is accomplishing, follow what Iraq is trying to accomplish, and you have a checklist of items found within the SBA Iraq is following to come closer to an RV. You could say they are naturally doing this, but were they really under Maliki? Another discussion for another time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

5 hours ago, Botzwana said:

We all know that?!?!  We do?  IF I sincerely thought it would not be here this year you would not see my behind around here till well into 2019.  2023 huh?  I sure as heck would drop the dinar like a bad habit and go living my life then.  BUUUTTTT I bet you will still be here next week Aritech.  

I don´t know when it will happen.  That is why I am still here.

at-dawn-we-ride.jpg

• Haha 1

To me it doesn’t really matter who’s sack swings the most, over the years I have read some very well written and knowledgeable opinions. and for most of us you just take a step back and try to take everything with a grain a salt, we’re all on the same boat and it will dock when we get there and we all will disembark at the same time. We been through a lot of storms and I am sure before it’s over we will go through some more. It’s nice to see and read everyone’s opinions, in the end it’s all just speculation. GM DV and hope everyone enjoys there week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Theseus said:

Starting with the sentence:

Theseus:  “You have better, then come forth with it prove it to everyone that given the facts shown will produce some other result”

You interpreted it to mean:

Me:  I had better come forth with proof you say?  A little threatening, no????

No, the sentence if stated"You have better come with proof" would have been a threatening statement. Since the original statement includes a comma and the word "then" the statement becomes a suggestion that "if you have better facts then come forth with them". There is nothing threatening about the original statement. Sorry, you were triggered about that. A comma makes the difference.

Next, you seem to hang on the 2023 date which was an arbitrary date pulled out of the air to make a point. Again, your reading comprehension is suspect here because I have always stated after the completion of the SBA 2016 which ends in 2019. After could be anytime after that and the 2023 date was to highlight that fact. The fact the financial projections in the SBA of 2016 go out to 2021 could give a potential clue of an RV happening any time between 2019 and 2021.

I never said an RV of $1.00. I said equal to the dollar or greater. It could be a dollar and could be more. I was actually given a possible figure of $1.16 when presented with this investment. It could be a penny; it could be as high as 3.00 USD. I stated my reasoning for this in an earlier posting. (removing the three zeros .00086 would put it at .86 USD to 1 dinar bringing it to 1.16)

You confuse "high horse" with confidence. You attack me rather than the analysis and which is why I make this response. I have a firm belief in what I espouse but I also bounce things off of people to get feedback and their opinion.

Your response to the lower denoms, I believe is right and have said so a while back when I am under the understanding that Iraq would like to pair their denominations with that of the US because it would make it easier for educational purposes at this point. Of understanding that Iraqi's are using dollars in their daily transactions. Also, a lot of countries use these denominations (1,5,10, 20, 50 and 100). When it comes to the 25,000 dinars that will go away should Iraq.

Again when I was presented with the investment I was told Shabibi preferred the summer to the beginning of the year for an RV. Since the SBA of 2016 ends in July 2019, this gives perfect timing. However, I have stated in the past maybe 2020 due to the fact that if the RV does not happen in the summer of 2019, then the next chance would be the beginning of the year in 2020. People have bantered around several times in which this could happen. El-Eid, the end of Ramadan when Iraq has been known to gift the masses. At the end of March into April, which is the end of the first quarter. The end of June, beginning of July, when the new session of the GOI ends/begins. End of September/October when the third quarter ends. All of these dates have been bantered about. However, Shabibi did say best time was summer and if not, the beginning of the year for an RV.

Your opinion is based on the facts as you have them. Again they are not mine. I stated my opinion based on the facts as I have them. You know when I first stated this, people scoffed and howled at me just like you did. Every year they said "this is the year" and I held firm. In all of that time, I would have loved to be proven wrong on so many accounts. However, since July 2016, we sit here in 2018 with no RV. 

As to the post, the SBA does not tie in with the RV, I would have you go back over the SBA and the suggestions from the first and second review. While economic policies and financial policies come from the subsequent reviews, these policies as suggested by the IMF tie in directly with monetary policies leading to an RV. And you are right the RV is not explicitly stated in the SBA but neither was it stated in the 2009 SBA when Shabibi tried to RV in 2012 which was stopped. But think for a moment and connect the dots. What is needed for Iraq to RV, what infrastructure and policies are needed to RV beside the HCL? Nothing really, not even the HCL. So what is holding Iraq back? Follow what Iraq is accomplishing, follow what Iraq is trying to accomplish, and you have a checklist of items found within the SBA Iraq is following to come closer to an RV. You could say they are naturally doing this, but were they really under Maliki? Another discussion for another time.

Well stated.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Theseus said:

Rather than continue with this, as we both could go on an on, I think we need to agree to disagree.

The thing to do, I would guess, is just to wait and see what surprises Iraq has in store for us.

Seems like they're moving along at a pace I have not seen before, in my 8 years in this investment, and that is a very good thing.

Also, I will take your advice and sign up for a course in reading comprehension immediately! 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Botzwana said:

We all know that?!?!  We do?  IF I sincerely thought it would not be here this year you would not see my behind around here till well into 2019.  2023 huh?  I sure as heck would drop the dinar like a bad habit and go living my life then.  BUUUTTTT I bet you will still be here next week Aritech.  

I don´t know when it will happen.  That is why I am still here.

I'm in to deep to leave. I'm basing a lot of my opinon based on the the only person that has been right so far, that being Bravo11. I watch sight almost everyday. As you know its the same old song and dance with Iraq. Like you, I don't know when it will happen either. For that matter nobody does! I'm living my life everyday. I go feed the cows and watch them eat. Right here on the old chisholm trail! Like I've said before, I'm riding this horse till he dies, or I do, which ever comes first. I really just dont think we will see RV this year now! They(Iraq) just have to many problems, that they just really dont give a Rats A$$ about solving!! I wished Bravo11 would come back and post again, I dont see that happening either. My biggest problem with this deal, is I have some projects in mind to help people at various charities, I personally wanted to see the joy in their face, when we were able to help them! I wanted to do some things for my church too. I'm going to be alright if it RV's or not, while I'm alive! I've said before it was greed, that got me in this deal in the first place. I did not do any research on this deal, I jumped in head first. I never handle my business deals like this, I cant explain why, I did not do any research except for the fact I thought I was going to come into a lot of money fast! WRONG! I honestly believe the currency(IQD) will RV, plus, there are many varifiable facts out now, that proves it will go up in value. The BIG QUESTION, WHEN? Respectfully  :rodeo:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, cranman said:

If any of you had a Clue you would all know it's going to happen this way:  On January 23rd, 2019 with Colonel Mustard in the ballroom with the pipe wrench.  Everyone one knows it!  

Sorry.  Thought a little humor would help. 

Dang, I was sure it would be Col. Mustard in the Chambermaids bedroom with his “ candle stick “  :lol:

Reckon a bit more humor couldn’t hurt.

• Haha 3

Don't want this thread to go away without saying.....

Thanks to Theseus and Floridian for giving their awesome takes on this investment...

Finally....Finally...... got a Realistic Time Frame for this Thing to happen.... with sound reasons behind it.....

We all hope this happens as Floridian says ......the beginning of 2019....which I'm hoping...

or Theseus take.... July 2019 after the SBA is over......or months after.........so be it...

I just hope it's not 2023.......because we are not getting any younger.....

Thanks again....Theseus and Floridian....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3