Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump's Military Parade Cost Estimate Balloons To 92 Million, Up From 12 Million

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-apos-military-parade-estimated-151600544.html

aa09114ddfa848872852db9878315565

Amazing in this day and age with our ever increasing National Debt that Trump would even consider this.  We have veterans suffering everyday who could certainly benefit from 92 additional millions in funds.  He honors himself under the guise of military appreciation, and it's sick, just sick.  As always, just this veterans opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Markinsa said:

The link is broke...fake news?????

No it's real... I was just listening to talk radio and even the strongest of Trump supporters who are vets, are not happy about wasting the money on nothing. The vets who called in want vets to get the care they need, not some "horse and pony" show... Their words not mine.

B/A

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's real, I was reading it elsewhere. I agree that the 92 million could be better spent on other things BUT, it wont. Why must it come down to a choice of spending money on veterans needs or the homeless instead of a parade? It's obvious that neither of these 2 choices are very important or it would have already been done. 92 million is a drop in the bucket for the USA, hell Obama came up with a 130 billion in short order an NO Americans got any benefit from it.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, DoD said:

It's real, I was reading it elsewhere. I agree that the 92 million could be better spent on other things BUT, it wont. Why must it come down to a choice of spending money on veterans needs or the homeless instead of a parade? It's obvious that neither of these 2 choices are very important or it would have already been done. 92 million is a drop in the bucket for the USA, hell Obama came up with a 130 billion in short order an NO Americans got any benefit from it.

Well said DoD.

Truth is, parades are little more than showing off military hardware, no different than other countries who parade their weapons around the streets, while

saying a bunch of words about the REAL force behind the weapons, the servicemen and women who operate them and sacrifice themselves for their country.

But words alone do nothing for our Vets, many who are suffering.

A parade not only falls short of true honor and respect for our service folks and vets, it is a waste of money that should be used to honor vets

by actually improving their quality of care and treatment when they come home.

Actions speak louder than a bunch of words, and our vets deserve more quality attention to their needs, better wages, and NO VET should be

crippled with PTSD, driven to suicide which by the way is at 22 per day, nor should they be treated like second class citizens or end up homeless!

I support our president, but true patriots who love their country should call this what it is...a waste of tax payer dollars that could be funneled into actual improvements for every Vet, rather than words of flattery and the parading of hardware.

Our Vets deserve much better than this. Let's be honest with ourselves and call this for what it is...a show.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Well said DoD.

Truth is, parades are little more than showing off military hardware, no different than other countries who parade their weapons around the streets, while

saying a bunch of words about the REAL force behind the weapons, the servicemen and women who operate them and sacrifice themselves for their country.

But words alone do nothing for our Vets, many who are suffering.

A parade not only falls short of true honor and respect for our service folks and vets, it is a waste of money that should be used to honor vets

by actually improving their quality of care and treatment when they come home.

Actions speak louder than a bunch of words, and our vets deserve more quality attention to their needs, better wages, and NO VET should be

crippled with PTSD, driven to suicide which by the way is at 22 per day, nor should they be treated like second class citizens or end up homeless!

I support our president, but true patriots who love their country should call this what it is...a waste of tax payer dollars that could be funneled into actual improvements for every Vet, rather than words of flattery and the parading of hardware.

Our Vets deserve much better than this. Let's be honest with ourselves and call this for what it is...a show.

Agreed!!!👍👍👍🇺🇸

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

This one seems to work, as well.  :peace:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-military-parade-feed-homeless-veterans-months-1076848

GO RV, then BV

"We'll see if we can do it at a reasonable cost. And if we can't, we won't do it," Trump said. "I think it's great for spirit [and] the military loves the idea."

And there you go.  

• Like 1

Trump's military parade delayed as Mattis says whoever leaked $92m cost 'probably smoking something'

Armed forces event postponed as Pentagon denies reports of spectacle's potentially huge bill 

The US Defence Department has postponed Donald Trump’s Veterans Day military parade amid claims the spectacle could cost $92m (£72m).

Pentagon spokesman Colonel Rob Manning said on Thursday the armed forces and the White House would now “explore opportunities” to reschedule the event for 2019.

The president previously said the parade, planned to honour US military veterans and mark the centenary of the end of the First World War in November, would be “great for the spirit of the country”.

The announcement of its cancellation came hours after reports emerged that US officials expected the parade to cost more than $90m, three times more than original estimates. 

Officials speaking on condition of anonymity said the Pentagon would have been forced to spend $50m (£39m) on the transport of aircraft, equipment and personnel to Washington for the event.

Several other agencies would have covered remaining costs, mainly consisting of security provisions, the government sources said. 

However, defence secretary James Mattis has rubbished the reports, suggesting whoever claimed the parade was set to cost upwards of $90m was “probably smoking something.”

“I'm not dignifying that number with a reply,” the Pentagon chief told reporters while travelling to the Colombian capital Bogota.

“I would discount that, and anybody who said it, I'll almost guarantee you one thing: They probably said, 'I need to stay anonymous.' No kidding, because you look like an idiot. 

“And number two, whoever wrote it needs to get better sources. I'll just leave it at that.”

The parade’s cost has become a politically-charged issue, particularly in the wake of the US’s decision to cancel its annual “war games” with South Korea in August. 

Mr Trump called off the military manoeuvres following his landmark summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore in June, claiming the drills were provocative and ending them would save the US “a tremendous amount of money”.

The Pentagon later said the Korea drills would have cost $14m (£11m). 

• Upvote 1

Looks like the president was duped… Pentagon says no parade this year chief....

Trump's military parade is postponed until 2019

ABC News-10 hours ago
Earlier on Thursday, a U.S. official had told ABC News that the cost of the parade had risen to $92 million, a significant increase to initial ...

B/A

I agree monies could be better spent. For instance on Vets, Police, Firemen, Children,.....but I'm amazed that those that hate TRUMP (MSM, the LEFT, & Sheep here at DV) so much never breathed a word when their lord & savoir Barry spent our hard earned tax dollars like the drunken skunk he was & still is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Looks like the president was duped… Pentagon says no parade this year chief....

Trump's military parade is postponed until 2019

ABC News-10 hours ago
Earlier on Thursday, a U.S. official had told ABC News that the cost of the parade had risen to $92 million, a significant increase to initial ...

B/A

Tho all may true......what a line-up of un-biased outlets you linked. Sheep & MSM complain about WH trying to censor....why does NO ONE (sheep) complain about complete one sided coverage from MSM(except for Fox) for the left? Is'nt that a form of censorship? 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

I agree monies could be better spent. For instance on Vets, Police, Firemen, Children,.....but I'm amazed that those that hate TRUMP (MSM, the LEFT, & Sheep here at DV) so much never breathed a word when their lord & savoir Barry spent our hard earned tax dollars like the drunken skunk he was & still is.

Good Morning, Caz.

Though I agree with most of what you say, the sheep comment doesn't really fit.  Me and people like me in DV land are in a teeny tiny minority....the sheep in this case would be the right, where the herd is massive.  That said, your Barry comments remind me of all the times he would get attacked and his supporters would be like...."but, but, what about Bush this and Bush that.  Oh the wheels on the bus, my friend.  It's simply a different bus.  :lol:

GO RV, then BV  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Tho all may true......what a line-up of un-biased outlets you linked. Sheep & MSM complain about WH trying to censor....why does NO ONE (sheep) complain about complete one sided coverage from MSM(except for Fox) for the left? Is'nt that a form of censorship? 

Is this better.... Geeez you people are so neurotic.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Is this better.... Geeez you people are so neurotic.

tHIS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD....BUT FOR SOME REASON ONLY DRIVES ON THE LEFT. BEING TRUE/HONEST WITH ONES SELF I GUESS IS NOT IN YOUR DNA FOOTPRINT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Good Morning, Caz.

Though I agree with most of what you say, the sheep comment doesn't really fit.  Me and people like me in DV land are in a teeny tiny minority....the sheep in this case would be the right, where the herd is massive.  That said, your Barry comments remind me of all the times he would get attacked and his supporters would be like...."but, but, what about Bush this and Bush that.  Oh the wheels on the bus, my friend.  It's simply a different bus.  :lol:

GO RV, then BV  

Good Morning Shabs,

Main difference is that Barry was ONLY attacked via minority MSM while majority MSM gave him a pass & 10 gun salute's for anything & all he did.....not so much for Bush

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1