Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barzani: I am one of the 40 million Kurdi happy with this news

Butifldrm

Barzani: I am one of the 40 million Kurdi happy with this news

Barzani: I am one of the 40 million Kurdis happy with this news

Twilight News    

3 hours ago

The leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Massoud Barzani, on Thursday expressed his happiness with the victory of the Kurdish professor Kogger Berkker Fields Medal, the most important prize in the world in the field of mathematics, equivalent to the Nobel Prize for mathematics and literature.

"With great pleasure, I received the news of your winning the award in this important field," Barzani told Berkir by telegram.

Barzani added that "there is no doubt that you have achieved what you were praying for, and this success brought happiness to the hearts of the Kurdish people," saying by saying "I am one of the 40 million Kurdi very happy and proud of your victory, and I wish you more success."

"It is a great pleasure for a young Kurd to compete in the field of science and knowledge with the world's scientists and to receive an international award," Barzani said, expressing his hope that Berkur would be a "great example" to be followed by young Kurds. Like him in the field of learning and education to raise the name of their people high.

Professor Berkar is a young man from the city of Mariwan, located in Kurdistan, Iran. He moved to Britain as a refugee and serves as a university professor at Cambridge University.

"I came to Britain to seek asylum at the time I was attending my bachelor's degree at Tehran University," Berker said in a press statement after receiving the award.

"I was watching the pictures of the people who won the Fields prize, and I was saying to myself, Is it going to be a day to hang my picture with these people? I did not know that one day I could go to the West."

The Fields Medal, officially known as the International Medal of Excellence in Mathematics, is an award to mathematicians no older than 40 years of age at each International Federation of Mathematics International Conference, a four-year event.

The award was named in recognition of the Canadian mathematician John Charles Fields.

Keywords: 

http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/e5265be2-223e-41a1-9891-6472ecac640d

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

I guess you don't know the importance of this and rarity of this honor, especially for a refugee from a war and  economically torn country.

Yeah we get the importance of it frimbutt. As great as this award is I am with Jeepguy who thought it was about profit sharing and Iraqi Kurds. Oh well, not an RV but good for this young man.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

Berkker Fields Medal, the most important prize in the world in the field of mathematics, equivalent to the Nobel Prize

not  the nobel  but  close enough  ---------------

Fields Medal

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Fields Medal
FieldsMedalFront.jpg
The obverse of the Fields Medal
Awarded for Outstanding contributions in mathematics attributed to young scientists
Country Varies
Presented by International Mathematical Union (IMU)
Reward(s) CA$15,000
First awarded 1936; 82 years ago (1936)
Last awarded 2018 (2018)
Website mathunion.org/general/prizes/fields/details

The Fields Medal is a prize awarded to two, three, or four mathematicians under 40 years of age at the International Congress of the International Mathematical Union (IMU), a meeting that takes place every four years.

The Fields Medal is regarded as one of the highest honors a mathematician can receive, and has been described as the mathematician's "Nobel Prize".[1][2][3] According to Academic Excellence Survey by ARWU, Fields Medal is the top award in the field of mathematics worldwide,[4] and in another reputation survey conducted by IREG in 2013-14, the Fields Medal came closely after the Abel Prize as the second most prestigious international award in mathematics.[5][6]

The prize comes with a monetary award which, since 2006, has been CA$15,000.[7][8] The name of the award is in honor of Canadian mathematician John Charles Fields.[9] Fields was instrumental in establishing the award, designing the medal itself, and funding the monetary component.[9]

The medal was first awarded in 1936 to Finnish mathematician Lars Ahlfors and American mathematician Jesse Douglas, and it has been awarded every four years since 1950. Its purpose is to give recognition and support to younger mathematical researchers who have made major contributions. In 2014, the Iranian mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani became the first woman Fields Medalist.[10][11][12] In all, sixty people have been awarded the Fields Medal.

The most recent group of Fields Medalists received their awards on 1 August 2018 at the opening ceremony of the IMU International Congress, held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.[13] The medal belonging to one of the four joint winners, Caucher Birkar, was stolen shortly after the event.[14]

----->

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2018 at 9:06 PM, Butifldrm said:

You guys really want to go there? I don't think so!  I post the news every day.  I see progress through all of the corruption, natural and man made disasters.  I find it sad that you can't be happy for such an achievement, and happy for the people to feel the joy of such an achievement.  It appears to me that this is an all about me moment!  Why hasn't the Dinar revalued?  Why am I not rich?  Sometimes it feels good to post a heart felt story after articles of corruption, manipulation and deceit.  After nine years, I don't wear Dinar goggles, to me it's more about the journey. To me it's like working a crossword puzzle, I'm never sure if I'm going to finish.  For years of having Dinar goggles on, and then realizing, I find it more humane to look at it more through their eyes, l know the people of Iraq who have no water, no food, no money, no shelter and and no government!  I know they have been beaten down to nothing, I pray every day for that to change or I would not do this anymore.   I just thought it was wonderful to bring some news of someone who came from all of that to be awarded such a high honor.  It appears not that you would care, but mathematics was basically derived in Babylon and just maybe this guy is an an anomaly of inheritance.  I'm sorry that you all can't take pleasure in Good News

What an extremely refreshing perspective, Butifldrm, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

I AGREE!!! :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:

We all need to keep in mind:

image.png.663bb20cd4e200bcbb7e67c475dcf15f.png

YOU GO, GIRL!!!

In The Mean Time.......................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Buti, I completely support your comments. How many times have we heard "where's my money?" Never a care or thought about what Iraqs are going through, always about ME. I find it fascinating that people criticizing Iraq and its people as lazy, dirty, crooks, and morons can't wait to make money off of their country. For eight years it has boggled my mind. 

This is what happens when people do not regard the IQD and its reform, as a long term investment. There is no research done, no understanding of the processes. Buti is one of the few that research and understand what is going on, and my hat is off to her. I have never seen so many uneducated comments regarding an investment, an investment that will change peoples lives. I make comments and many times I am wrong. But at least there is some thought involved, right or wrong.

And how dare anyone here disrespect Buti and her work here. She has been here for years bringing it everyday for all of you, people she does not know. That is selflessness. She has forgotten more about Iraq and IQD than you will ever know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

On 8/3/2018 at 10:06 AM, Butifldrm said:

You guys really want to go there? I don't think so!  I post the news every day.  I see progress through all of the corruption, natural and man made disasters.  I find it sad that you can't be happy for such an achievement, and happy for the people to feel the joy of such an achievement.  It appears to me that this is an all about me moment!  Why hasn't the Dinar revalued?  Why am I not rich?  Sometimes it feels good to post a heart felt story after articles of corruption, manipulation and deceit.  After nine years, I don't wear Dinar goggles, to me it's more about the journey. To me it's like working a crossword puzzle, I'm never sure if I'm going to finish.  For years of having Dinar goggles on, and then realizing, I find it more humane to look at it more through their eyes, l know the people of Iraq who have no water, no food, no money, no shelter and and no government!  I know they have been beaten down to nothing, I pray every day for that to change or I would not do this anymore.   I just thought it was wonderful to bring some news of someone who came from all of that to be awarded such a high honor.  It appears not that you would care, but mathematics was basically derived in Babylon and just maybe this guy is an an anomaly of inheritance.  I'm sorry that you all can't take pleasure in Good News

you so extrovert so your sense of human are so good . You need to know that many people in investment are anti social so dont make sense to thinking more than money . I hope you life can be better with your beautiful soul . 

Edited by normala rashid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Buti, I spent a lot of time in Iraq an you are 100% correct in your statement. These people cherish the little things that we take for granite an celebrate their great accomplishments even though to many may seem minute. 

You are a great contributor to this site an do a thankless job but you should know you are greatly appreciated....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Carrello, nice post.  I think we all get a little flippant in our remarks from time to time. I plead guilty to some unwise choice of words from time to time.  I spend a lot of time reading about the countries in the ME, not just for the oil news or the Dinar news but to learn more about the culture and it’s people.  I have friends who live in Tehran and I am terribly worried for their safety.  I also have friends in Israel, Saudi Arabia, and UAE.  You are 100% correct with your post.  Well stated and thank you.  

Buti, I have the utmost respect for all you bring to this site.  You are diligent, selfless, and very consistent.  I believe most on this board truly appreciate all your hard work.  You and Yota are tireless and many times when I don’t have time to do my reading I KNOW you and Yota will have the most important news posted. 

I saw the article you posted. I didn’t post it because I didn’t think anyone would understand the achievement.  I was very glad to see that you posted it.  Any news like that is such a breath of fresh air after so many years of war and destruction.  

Please keep on posting what YOU DEEM to be important for Iraq and it’s people.  Again thank you for all you do.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 8/2/2018 at 10:06 PM, Butifldrm said:

Appreciate everything you do on DV...INCLUDING exhaustive research for the whiners, moochers and complainers on the site that just wait for things to happen instead of actually doing something productive/creative with their lives. 

The "me" feeders here will be the ones to crash and burn emotionally and economically if the revalue takes place. It's human nature.

Thanks for all you do here. 💪👍

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

On 8/2/2018 at 10:06 PM, Butifldrm said:

Look at my profile, the marks against me that you see are for this very reason, cause I went there and told the people off.

I learned to ignore the shallowness and greed of people who never follow the articles but just slam ignorant comments, I just pray you leave this journey now

I cant get in trouble for this, but hell, most of you do not even know what is going on, these are people in Iraq first and it takes the value of the people to increase the currency

I still am following this the best I can everyday while praying that Iraq makes it and the people stop suffering and finally prosper, as well as us all maybe.

I was lucky with this, I had Kap, Carrello, Revbo, Yota, Butifldrm, and more that I talked directly too. That is why I am thankful and understand why we are here with these important articles.

Stay the course. It is not always the destination but the journey you will cherish the most.

That is all I have to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carrello said:

Best of the weekend to you too, Synopsis. But I do make mistakes, but I am willing to learn and move on. Who knew anything about Iraq or IQD when they first got into this investment. Certainly not I. 

Refreshing perspective, Carrello, and I share that for myself as well!! :twothumbs:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 1