Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Husseiniya threshold resolves the biggest tribal conflict in Basra that has lasted for years

Pitcher

On 7/12/2018 at 11:49 AM, Pitcher said:

Protesters stormed the South Oil Company headquarters in the city of Basra.

This comes as residents of Basra held demonstrations to protest the shortage of jobs, electricity, water and other basic services.

Iraqi police have used live ammunition to disperse the protesters, leaving one dead and three others wounded.

Commentators say Iran is attempting to mar the ongoing protests by inciting militias. The ultimate end of the Iranian regime, according to them, is to stir chaos in southern Iraq and disrupt oil transfers in the Gulf.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/29361/Protesters-storm-South-Oil-Company-headquarters-in-Basra

The lack of jobs. The lack of electricity.  The lack of the basic necessities of basic life, in a town that produces the largest amount of that which makes the GOI rich. Are these people basically protesting against the seat of corruption in Iraq ? Plus the fact that the block most famous for corruption, Maliki's block, continues to make enrodes , continues to influence , politics in Iraq , after all the people have openly suffered in Iraq, and still Maliki and crew walk around like they are Teflon,  when they should be in jail or swinging at the end of a rope? I think the people are mostly protesting this because they feel a dictator by any other name is still Hussein. Jmho.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13700067_302968406716912_3591348450254997037_n.jpg 
Major General Thamer al-Husseini mediated by officers and personnel of the rapid reaction forces

The Commander of the Rapid Response Division of the Federal Police, Major General Thamer al-Husseini on Thursday, the readiness of the security forces to protect the demonstration, which is scheduled to start today noon in the province of Basra, while carrying the full responsibility in the event of riots during the demonstration.

Al-Husseini told Al-Marbad radio that the organizers of the demonstration must obtain official approvals in order to play security services to protect the demonstrators or else they bear the full legal consequences. He pointed out that the local government in addition to the police leadership in the province is fully prepared to bring those approvals to protect the demonstrators.

It is worth mentioning that the province of Basra witnessed demonstrations and protests demanding job opportunities and improving the service reality of the city.

• Upvote 1

Editorial Date: 2018/7/19 15:31  72 times read
Expected to provide half a million people to Basra jobs
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) The Department of Statistics predicted one of the formations of the Ministry of Planning in the province of Basra, to reach applicants for jobs to half a million people.

"The number of applicants on the 10,000 grades announced by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi of the province recently expect to reach 500 thousand advanced unemployed youth," the director of the department, Ahmad Abdul Hafiz, told AFP on Thursday. 
The ministerial committee in the province of Basra announced the allocation of 10 thousand jobs and the implementation of plans for short and medium and long-term service projects after the outbreak of mass demonstrations in the province to protest the lack of services and unemployment.
  • Upvote 1

Date of release: 2018/7/19 15:02  225 times read
Official statistics for the victims of the events
BAGHDAD 
(Reuters) - The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (IHH) in Iraq has revealed official statistics of the victims of the demonstrations, expressing concern about the right to demonstrate.
The Commission said in a statement received by the agency {Euphrates News} a copy of it today, it "followed with great concern and regret the events that accompanied the demonstrations in the central and southern provinces to demand basic services and humanitarian Commission has formed a crisis cell to monitor and document violations and follow the demands of demonstrators with local authorities and the federal government and sent teams To investigate the facts are present on a daily basis in the places of demonstrations. " 
"The Commission received hundreds of requests from demonstrators and held several direct meetings with the governors and security leaders and the judiciary to support peaceful demonstrations and strengthen the protection of demonstrators," stressing "to ensure and protect the rights of citizens," calling on the government "to provide basic services and humanitarian for the sustainability of their lives in the aspects of life and economic Health and environment and job creation. "
"The exit of these demonstrations is evidence that the citizen did not seek real achievements at the level of services, despite the huge budgets, which kept him below the poverty line," and expressed "deep regret about developments in the demonstrations, resulting in the deaths of civilians and security forces as a result of confrontations Direct use and use of excessive force and transgression over public facilities. " 
The documentation confirmed the facts by investigating the death of 12 Palestinian demonstrators and injuring 571 people, including 195 injured civilians and 371 security forces. 47 buildings were damaged, including 18 government buildings, 22 buildings belonging to party headquarters, 7 residential buildings and 25 cars and caravans. , And documented the arrest of 302 demonstrators, some of whom were without arrest warrants or arbitrary arrests.
"I continue to follow daily the conditions and issues of the detainees with the judicial and security authorities to contribute to the completion of their investigative papers and to ensure their rights to release them urgently," she said, denouncing "riots, damage to public buildings and the use of excessive force against defenseless demonstrators or security forces from a section of demonstrators "He said. 
And stressed the "stand with the demands of the demonstrators and the humanitarian peaceful demonstrations," calling on the Prime Minister to "take over the administration of the provinces from a lower position to facilitate the implementation of the demands of the demonstrators and preserve their rights, especially life, economic and health, and security forces to strengthen their role in the protection of demonstrators and the use of excessive force and strengthen the effort Intelligence to keep those who attempt to mark demonstrations against their peacefulness or overtaking public facilities of the state and stop any arbitrary arrests are not based on the law. "
And called on the judiciary "to resolve the cases of detainees and release those who did not prove mercy for the victims of the demonstrations and the speedy recovery of the wounded of our security forces and demonstrators." 

Resized Image
  • Upvote 1

What do you think would happen if the people in our inner cities started protesting lack of decent jobs, infrastructure, decent housing, etc etc.  Would it look like Iraq.  I don’t know but it should have happened 50 years ago in our own country. There is NO reason any US citizen should have to live the way I have seen in our inner cities.  

True story,

I went to recruit a very good baseball player for my baseball team when it was pouring down rain.  When I went into their home they had 5 buckets in their kitchen, living room, and one of the 2 bedrooms.  This was a 100 year old 1000 sq ft home with 5 people living in it.  It totally blew my mind that people lived like this.  The parents were very poor but very proud and some of the best people I’ve ever met.  Long story short the ball player came and played on my team, he went to one of the finest universities in the country, and now plays on the Washington Nationals.  If he hadn’t played on my team would he have made it to the bigs.  Maybe. The point is there are many people in our cities who given the right opportunity to better themselves will shine.

BTW, the player bought his parents a beautiful new 3k sq ft home in a great part of Houston. He funded his siblings college education and bought them new cars.  The player is a free agent after this year and I suspect he will make a multi year deal for 75-90 million. 

I have to tell you all it almost ticks me off that our government and all the do gooders aren’t helping our own downtrodden people.

When I see the billions that are wasted on Iraq and other **** HOLE countries and our own citizens are not being helped, it makes me truly angry as hell.  

If this RV ever happens I hope our government will do two things.  Go after the drug dealers and educate and provide jobs for our citizens, who are so beat up they give up and turn to drugs to escape their daily life misery.  I could go on but you get the point. I apologize for the rant but sometimes reading all these articles fires me up.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Pitcher...Played Hotspot/DH....This needs to be repeated...

4 hours ago, new york kevin said:

The lack of jobs. The lack of electricity.  The lack of the basic necessities of basic life, in a town that produces the largest amount of that which makes the GOI rich. Are these people basically protesting against the seat of corruption in Iraq ? Plus the fact that the block most famous for corruption, Maliki's block, continues to make enrodes , continues to influence , politics in Iraq , after all the people have openly suffered in Iraq, and still Maliki and crew walk around like they are Teflon,  when they should be in jail or swinging at the end of a rope? I think the people are mostly protesting this because they feel a dictator by any other name is still Hussein. Jmho.

...:nothingtoadd:....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Iraqi Shiite leader Muqtada al-Sadr, whose bloc had a massive win in the parliamentary elections last May, called on all concerned politicians to stop all efforts to form a new government, until the demands by protesters for better services, especially in the southern provinces, are met, Arabiya News reported.
In his first comments on the protests sweeping south Iraq, al-Sadr tweetted on Thursday saying: “All political blocs which won in the current elections should suspend all political discussions to form alliances and other, until the protesters’ legitimate demands are met.”
The central Iraqi current government of Haidar al-Abadi seeks to contain the protests which erupted on July 8 in southern Iraq with eight killed, while 60 others were injured, according to Iraqi health officials who said that the protests were marred by riots.
On the other hand, though the Iraqi government believes that the people’s demands are legitimate, it nevertheless considered the protests as being orchestrated. Full story

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/29674/Iraq-s-Sadr-calls-for-postponing-gov-t-formation-to-support-protesters

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I apologize for posting news items and then replying to my own posts but sometimes I just have to comment on the lunacy of Iraq.  

This article to me illustrates how backwards these people think.  Maybe they should form the government FIRST so they can inact laws to create JOBS and provide ELECTRICITY!!!!!!!!

Here’s an idea.  Give your money some real VALUE and then everything would probably take care of itsel.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Thanks Pitcher...If the UN doesn't release Iraq from Chapter Vll...The CBI maybe forced into an in country RV...giving Iraq a sovereign currency...with purchasing power...I'm not sure whether an in country RV would have the IMF/WTO stipulations of true market value...but...If Iraq goes to an open-economy with their new established private sector...Then they could open around two-bits and ride the ISX profits...until the UN unites the CBI's hands...This would take all the guess work on how the Iraq markets will work wearing bigboy-pants...jmho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Influential Iraqi Shia cleric and leader of the Sairoon Coalition Muqtada al-Sadr has called on Iraqi parties to suspend talks over the formation of a new government until they fulfill the demands of protesters.

In a tweet on Thursday, Sadr called on the political parties in Iraq to suspend talks over the formation of the next Iraqi government.

“The winning political parties in the current [May 12] elections should suspend all talks for the formation of coalitions [to establish the new government] until they meet the rightful demands of the protesters,” he wrote.

Sadr, using a hash-tag which translates to “the people’s revolution is a right,” also called for the formation of a serious working cell within the government in coordination with the protesters to implement their demands.

In a previous tweet on July 13, Sadr expressed support for the protesters and called it “a revolution of the angry,” calling on government authorities not to attack “the oppressed protesters.”

The Shia cleric also had a message for the demonstrators, calling on them not to damage public property as it belongs to the people not corrupt individuals.

For nearly two weeks, people have taken to the streets in several provinces in southern Iraq demanding better public services and an end to unemployment.

In response, the Iraqi government imposed strict measures, including blocking access to the internet and social media and deploying the army and counter-terrorism units into provinces where people are protesting.

According to local Iraqi media outlets, so far, at least 10 people have been killed by security forces and over 250 others wounded.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/8eb9d2f1-a06c-4abd-bdd0-434ccda23ba2

• Upvote 1

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Demonstrators of southern and central provinces demand the Iraqi government restructure parliament, abolish pension payments for top official positions, and install reforms to combat the country’s crippling corruption, according to a list published on Wednesday.

So far, the protests which have engulfed the country have led to the deaths of eight and injury to 56, the government claims, while 262 security forces members have been wounded in efforts to disperse demonstrators.

The representatives of the protesters are planning to raise the 14 points in which they have distilled their demands to Iraq’s top Shia cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, who will, in turn, direct it to the federal government.

After delivering the list to the relevant authorities, the demonstrators said they would give Baghdad a three-day deadline to respond once they receive it, Shafaaq Newsreported.

The leaders of the protests widely address, in multiple points, the issue of retirement payments made to the top positions of government and call for their abolition.

They demand an end to pension payments for President of the Republic, Prime Minister, Parliament Speaker, ministers, general directors, provincial and local councils, and former lawmakers.

The Iraqi government considers top officials who have served a term in office or parliament as retired.

Parliament must be restructured either by reducing the number of members to “a quarter [of its current size],” or “have two individuals representing each province,” the letter demands.

On an election-related point, the representatives of the demonstrators call for the dismantling of the Electoral Commission, accusing them of being guilty of tampering with all previous ballot-casting rounds. They also request the Commission be held accountable for the alleged “fraud because they are the cause of the country’s destruction.”

Another point urges “agreements with international investment companies and the cancelation of deals with companies [owned by] party officials that run the country’s projects, since most of them steal the wealth of the country at the expense of the public interest.”

In point number nine, they suggest that the parts of the constitution which “do not serve the people” be rewritten by a committee made up of all political entities of Iraq with the participation of top law experts from the country’s universities.

The scarcity of electricity supply was one of the main reasons the protests, which turned violent, began. In the 14-point letter, protesters demand Iraq enter a deal with Germany to “quickly construct three stations at a price of two billion dollars per station,” similar to Egypt.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/97e2b1be-364c-4c4e-8886-dceed1fffb5

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Cue The Dr Evil Picture - One Billion Dinars ! :o 

Or About $38 Bucks ....... Rounding Up ...

:D  :D  :D 

Cleric Sadr backs Iraq protests, calls for delay in government formation

By Reuters 19/07/2018
Cleric Sadr backs Iraq protests, calls for delay in government formation

http://www.euronews.com/2018/0.....-formation

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rugbylaird19 said:

14 points!!! I wonder what number the revaluation of the Dinar is..........

Maybe #2

Abadi: The government with the real demands of the demonstrators and we formed a crisis cell to meet them

– 7/19/2018 7:59:00 AM

image-21731.jpg?w=620&h=363

Khandan –

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said that “the government with the real demands of the demonstrators and we formed a crisis cell to meet them, and we have taken many decisions about them.”

This came during a meeting with elders and dignitaries of the province of Dhi Qar and the local government to listen to the demands of the province in the presence of members of the crisis cell service and security.

“We have immediate short-term projects to improve electricity, water, health, education and municipalities. There are also medium-term projects that need to be contracted and there are long-term and strategic projects,” Abbadi said in a statement issued by his media office.

Abadi said that “the government is listening to the demands of our people and our sons and clans in Dhi Qar and respond to them and if there is a mistake we retreat because the living body is the reaction of either the body dead there is no reaction to him.”

He added: “We will listen to every voice wants to provide services and wants the interest of the country and therefore we have to cooperate together and there are four basic joints we work on them, water, electricity, health and schools as well as economic aspects.”

The statement pointed out that Abbadi and directed the following: –

1 –  Launching the allocations to the degrees of movement of owners in the province of Dhi Qar and cost the Ministry of Finance to provide financial cover in various sectors and installed in the Ministry of Finance.

2 – Payment of the province’s share of petrodollars.

3- The share of Dhi Qar Governorate shall be calculated from the electric power according to the population percentage of the governorate. The Ministry of Electricity shall work to equip the governorate with mobile power stations as soon as possible.

4- Costing the Ministry of Finance to allocate the necessary funds to complete Al-Nasr Bridge (Nasiriyah-Baghdad), Al-Fajr Road, Badir and Samawah-Nasiriyah International Road (Section 6).

5 – Work on the return of special security forces in Dhi Qar province and assign joint operations command to ensure the protection of the security of citizens and public and private property.

6 – immediate immediate completion of water reform and resolve the existing forms.

7. The Ministry of Industry and Minerals shall submit a detailed plan for the rehabilitation and operation of suspended factories for the purpose of remedying their deficiencies and solving the problems of the industrial city in Nasiriyah, providing thousands of opportunities for sustainable work.

8- Providing the necessary funding for the network sewer project in Nasiriyah and Shatrah and the water project of Nasiriyah No. (1) / Phase II as well as treatment plants.

9 – Launching appropriate funding for the health services to provide medicines and basic medical supplies and find a quick solution to complete the Turkish hospital and the hospital in Shatra.

10- The Governor of Dhi Qar shall call the crisis cell within 24 hours to communicate with the operations room of the service and security crisis cell headed by the Prime Minister and communicate with the dignitaries of the governorate to communicate the needs continuously.

11- Studying the postponement of repayment of farmers’ loans for two years according to the specificity of the projects that have been damaged as a result of climatic conditions or circumstances related to the nature of the activity or exempting such loans from interest.

12 – resolve the problems on the draft Olympic stadium in Nasiriyah.

13. To ensure the water share of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

14 – Financing projects that have achieved high rates of completion of the construction of schools.

http://www.xendan.org/ar/detailnews.aspx?jimare=20815&babet=71&relat=8030

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

Cue The Dr Evil Picture - One Billion Dinars ! :o 

Or About $38 Bucks ....... Rounding Up ...

Sadr Just Needs To Shave The Beard And Ditch That Ridiculous Turban Covering His Bald Spot ! :o 

dr. evil one million dollars GIF

• Haha 3

if that is abadi's answer to the 14 point demonstrator list he's gonna have an " iraqi spring " on his hands , not a single bullet point to address the vast goi / province corruption , the people are finally hitting a boiling point , most of the changes the demonstrators want will require a constitutional rewrite , im thinking the citizens are at the point they feel the constitution does not serve the people at all .. cheers dv 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks Pitcher...If the UN doesn't release Iraq from Chapter Vll...The CBI maybe forced into an in country RV...giving Iraq a sovereign currency...with purchasing power...I'm not sure whether an in country RV would have the IMF/WTO stipulations of true market value...but...If Iraq goes to an open-economy with their new established private sector...Then they could open around two-bits and ride the ISX profits...until the UN unites the CBI's hands...This would take all the guess work on how the Iraq markets will work wearing bigboy-pants...jmho

Hey skeet pass the bong, cause what you just said tells me you are smokin some good Shiite!

• Haha 2

LMAO!!!. I read through these demands a couple of times just to make sure I didn't miss it. The number one demand that these sheep herders an farmers should have demanded was getting rid of the corruption. All the rest of demands would take care of itself. I guess I was giving these folks to much credit but you would think out of all the thousands of protestors they could find at least 4-5 with a little brains to do their negotiating. These camel jockeys throw out a couple of billion dollars to build a power house in their demands like it's chump change.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just posted in another forum about the protesters being led by a bunch of idiots an now I read where the head of the winning block is even more of a moron. This is why country's like Iraq go from one dictator to the next, they cant conceive the logic of a democracy. Why in the hell would this idiot want to delay the forming of the government until the protesters demands are met. An this is what I've been gambling on since 2004, hell I'm  bigger idiot than the fools...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mr.unlikely said:

Hey skeet pass the bong, cause what you just said tells me you are smokin some good Shiite!

....Yea...I really have to watch takin' those power tokes when I calm out on limbs...or maybe it was the toke before I climbed out there...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, DoD said:

Just posted in another forum about the protesters being led by a bunch of idiots an now I read where the head of the winning block is even more of a moron. This is why country's like Iraq go from one dictator to the next, they cant conceive the logic of a democracy. Why in the hell would this idiot want to delay the forming of the government until the protesters demands are met. An this is what I've been gambling on since 2004, hell I'm  bigger idiot than the fools...

“ Delay the forming of the government until the protesters demands are met . . . . “

More than any other IDIOTIC statement these fools have ever made: this one speaks LOUDER than any other - they just don’t get it, and at this moment in time I feel like a real SUCKER ! 

Where does it all go From here  ???? Don’t know . . . Guess I’ll keep hammering away at Day Trading - at least I’M making progress !

All the Best DoD :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

“ Delay the forming of the government until the protesters demands are met . . . . “

More than any other IDIOTIC statement these fools have ever made: this one speaks LOUDER than any other - they just don’t get it, and at this moment in time I feel like a real SUCKER ! 

Where does it all go From here  ???? Don’t know . . . Guess I’ll keep hammering away at Day Trading - at least I’M making progress !

All the Best DoD :salute:

hope this cheers you up, glad you see not to totally count on this investment and you are still doing well

Mr. Ammar al-Hakim and Nujaifi discuss the latest political situation and move the formation of the next government

Date of release: 2018/7/19 21:36 • 102 times read
Mr. Ammar al-Hakim and Nujaifi discuss the latest political situation and move the formation of the next government
(Baghdad: al-Furat News) The head of the National Alliance, Mr. Ammar al-Hakim, with Vice President Osama Najafi, the latest developments in the Iraqi political situation and mobility formation of the next government.
A statement by the Office of the President of the National Alliance received the agency {Euphrates News} a copy of it today, “Mr. Ammar al-Hakim received his office Nujaifi was stressed the need to continue constructive meetings to form the largest bloc, which takes on the formation of the next government.” 
Mr. Ammar al-Hakim reiterated that “the national majority is the realistic solution to many of the problems that exist today, and that the next government should achieve the aspirations of citizens to provide services and eliminate corruption and find suitable jobs for young people.” 
He pointed out that “the need to speed up the demands of demonstrators with emphasis on peaceful demonstration and preservation of property”

• Thanks 2

• yota691 changed the title to The Husseiniya threshold resolves the biggest tribal conflict in Basra that has lasted for years