Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Alcohol Banned in Mosul

Alcohol Banned in Mosul

Basnews English

16/07/2018 - 00:50

Alcohol Banned in Mosul

ERBIL — Iraqi authorities have banned alcohol beverages in the northern city of Mosul a year after its liberation from the Islamic State (IS) which had imposed strict Islamic Sharia laws in the city. 

An unnamed security source told Ghad Press on Sunday that Mosul chief of police issued the ban a day earlier. 

Overnight on Saturday, several alcohol markets were closed down by the police, the source said. 

The reason behind the order is not revealed. 

Similar orders were made last week in Tikrit and Shirgat districts of Salahaddin province.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/iraq/452035

• Upvote 1

I thought muslims weren't allowed to drink and years ago I was told they had compounds where people of say light skin lived where drinking was okay and one could do all sorta of things with say the other sex. It least that was what the Saudi told be when he handed me a ticket to go over and run his father Mercedes Dealership many years ago.

Karsten

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Karsten said:

I thought muslims weren't allowed to drink and years ago I was told they had compounds where people of say light skin lived where drinking was okay and one could do all sorta of things with say the other sex. It least that was what the Saudi told be when he handed me a ticket to go over and run his father Mercedes Dealership many years ago.

Karsten

Are you sure you weren't talking about a Mormon compound in Tooele?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jmartin1145 said:

Sorry Karstan. I should have left out Mormon.

Oh hell.....No problem here. Truth be known the Mormon Compounds are all down south where they get away with polygamy and I don't even want to ask. .

Spirits are the least of their worries.

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Karsten said:

Oh hell.....No problem here. Truth be known the Mormon Compounds are all down south where they get away with polygamy and I don't even want to ask. .

Spirits are the least of their worries.

Karsten

Please don't say Cedar City. I went to school there. Hope I didn't miss out on anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmartin1145 said:

Please don't say Cedar City. I went to school there. Hope I didn't miss out on anything.

Manti, Cedar City, Moab and all the out lining areas are pretty much hidden compounds.....Hey, I grew up in Manti with my Great Grandparents and the old old was a haven for hiding extra wives......2 Block south of the Temple no less.

Karsten

• Upvote 1