Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump names D.C. circuit judge Brett Kavanaugh to Supreme Court

Pitcher

I see they are already screaming and protesting and had the signs printed up.......I just have to wonder how many cases of signs with all 4 people where printed.......Just think if someone would had handed out the wrong protest sigh to staple to their stick.

Sorta like the Sequester and the very next day they had the signs up....Park Closed. Seems a little odd to me as I order business cards and it takes 2 weeks......But the left gets crap done within minutes.

What is Soro's gonna do with all the signs he had printed with all the other names on them?

Then Gloria Allred is going the have to up date the Sexual Allegation Suit she has already filed somewhere to include the name of the so called Abuser.......

This is only going to get worse as time goes on...American back on track, the People making money again, Steel and Coal workers back to work .........MAGA is working no matter what the Left and the Media are saying.

Come at me Shabs or B/A,......You have nothing and deep down you know you are better off no than under 8 years of obama.

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Karsten said:

I see they are already screaming and protesting and had the signs printed up.......I just have to wonder how many cases of signs with all 4 people where printed.......Just think if someone would had handed out the wrong protest sigh to staple to their stick.

Sorta like the Sequester and the very next day they had the signs up....Park Closed. Seems a little odd to me as I order business cards and it takes 2 weeks......But the left gets crap done within minutes.

What is Soro's gonna do with all the signs he had printed with all the other names on them?

Then Gloria Allred is going the have to up date the Sexual Allegation Suit she has already filed somewhere to include the name of the so called Abuser.......

This is only going to get worse as time goes on...American back on track, the People making money again, Steel and Coal workers back to work .........MAGA is working no matter what the Left and the Media are saying.

Come at me Shabs or B/A,......You have nothing and deep down you know you are better off no than under 8 years of obama.

Karsten

If we were all truly better off, we wouldn't be so deeply divided as citizens of the greatest country in the history of mankind.....and you wouldn't be coming at me with your confrontational comments blazing.  You do this either out of ego, or you're using the Trump playbook to whip up favor from like minded individuals.  Either way....your approach is all wrong.  Work on it, and may your day get better.

As to Judge Kavanaugh, I have no reason to believe he won't do his job and uphold the United States Constitution.  Every SCOTUS justice is qualified for his/her position on the bench....I have no reason to believe this judge doesn't have the experience necessary to perform his duties with integrity.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

President Trump’s new Supreme Court nominee will face more scrutiny for his ideological leanings around issues like abortion than his thoughts on tech, but we do know a bit about the latter.

On Monday, Trump nominated Brett Kavanaugh to fill the seat that opened when Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement in late June. A list of Trump’s potential picks circulated previously and Kavanaugh was believed to be a frontrunner. Kavanaugh, who previously clerked for Kennedy, was appointed to the Washington D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals in 2003 by former president George W. Bush and eventually confirmed in 2006.

As future digital privacy cases wend their way toward the Supreme Court, Kavanaugh’s stated views on the NSA’s spying program could prove relevant. In 2015, Kavanaugh sided in favor of the NSA’s warrantless bulk collection of phone metadata, issuing strong support for the controversial practice and categorizing its collection as a “special need” that eclipses personal privacy concerns.

In his own words:

“The Government’s collection of telephony metadata from a third party such as a telecommunications service provider is not considered a search under the Fourth Amendment, at least under the Supreme Court’s decision in Smith v. Maryland, 442 U.S. 735 (1979).

… Even if the bulk collection of telephony metadata constitutes a search, cf. United States v. Jones, 132 S. Ct. 945, 954-57 (2012) (Sotomayor, J., concurring), the Fourth Amendment does not bar all searches and seizures. It bars only unreasonable searches and seizures. And the Government’s metadata collection program readily qualifies as reasonable under the Supreme Court’s case law. The Fourth Amendment allows governmental searches and seizures without individualized suspicion when the Government demonstrates a sufficient “special need” – that is, a need beyond the normal need for law enforcement – that outweighs the intrusion on individual liberty. In short, the Government’s program fits comfortably within the Supreme Court precedents applying the special needs doctrine.”

Kavanaugh is also an opponent of net neutrality. In a 2017 dissent, he argued that rules supporting net neutrality impinges on an internet service provider’s “editorial discretion” and therefore violates its First Amendment rights.

“In short, although the briefs and commentary about the net neutrality issue are voluminous, the legal analysis is straightforward: If the Supreme Court’s major rules doctrine means what it says, then the net neutrality rule is unlawful because Congress has not clearly authorized the FCC to issue this major rule. And if the Supreme Court’s Turner Broadcasting decisions mean what they say, then the net neutrality rule is unlawful because the rule impermissibly infringes on the Internet service providers’ editorial discretion. To state the obvious, the Supreme Court could always refine or reconsider the major rules doctrine or its decisions in the Turner Broadcasting cases. But as a lower court, we do not possess that power. Our job is to apply Supreme Court precedent as it stands. For those two alternative and independent reasons, the FCC’s net neutrality regulation is unlawful and must be vacated.”

Kavanaugh, a reliable conservative, also opposes the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and argued in 2018 that the bureau’s existence is an unconstitutional threat to executive power. In theory, the CFPB advocates for consumer interests in incidents like the Equifax hack, but CFPB supporters argue that the agency has been gutted during the Trump administration at the hands of its acting director, Trump appointee Mick Mulvaney.

Broadly, Kavanaugh looks like a friend to big business and an enemy to digital privacy advocates, though we’ll likely learn more of his record as he moves forward in the sure to be controversial confirmation process.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/09/brett-kavanaugh-tech-net-neutrality-nsa/

B/A

• Thanks 2

‘Fox & Friends’ Trashes Trump’s Supreme Court Pick: ‘The Swamp Wanted Judge Kavanaugh’

While Fox News opinion hosts gushed about President Donald Trump’s decision to nominate Brett Kavanaugh to replace Anthony Kennedy on the U.S. Supreme Court, the set of “Fox & Friends” was a bit cooler on the idea.

On set, Fox News legal guru Judge Andrew Napolitano laced into Kavanaugh, saying he was “disappointed” in the selection.

“The Washington establishment, sometimes known as the swamp, wanted Judge Kavanaugh,” said Napolitano. “I am disappointed in the president because this is not the type of person he said he would pick. Justice [Neil] Gorsuch was. This person is at the heart and soul of the D.C. establishment against whom the president railed.”

“So you’re saying it’s a swamp pick?!” asked co-host Pete Hegseth.

“Yes!” said Napolitano.

It was a tough assessment from Napolitano, particularly on a program that Trump is known to watch regularly. The billionaire chief executive is a longtime fan of Napolitano and has been known to reference his legal analysis in public — sometimes to the judge’s detriment.

Napolitano took heat after the White House cited his March 2017 claim that Barack Obama employed British intelligence services to spy on Trump while he was a candidate. The insinuation led to a minor international incident at the time.

Napolitano himself is known to have met Trump during the presidential transition and even claimed to be on the SCOTUS shortlist.

As Politico reported at the time:

After meeting with President Trump twice during the transition, first in December and again in mid-January, the Newark, N.J.-born television personality told several people that Trump said he was on the list of judges from whom he was selecting a nominee for the high court. “He said, ‘Trump said I’m on the list,'” said a source who spoke with Napolitano shortly after one of his meetings with the then president-elect. “He’s been saying that since the transition.”

I guess you can't please all the people all the time.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

37 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

‘Fox & Friends’ Trashes Trump’s Supreme Court Pick: ‘The Swamp Wanted Judge Kavanaugh’

While Fox News opinion hosts gushed about President Donald Trump’s decision to nominate Brett Kavanaugh to replace Anthony Kennedy on the U.S. Supreme Court, the set of “Fox & Friends” was a bit cooler on the idea.

On set, Fox News legal guru Judge Andrew Napolitano laced into Kavanaugh, saying he was “disappointed” in the selection.

“The Washington establishment, sometimes known as the swamp, wanted Judge Kavanaugh,” said Napolitano. “I am disappointed in the president because this is not the type of person he said he would pick. Justice [Neil] Gorsuch was. This person is at the heart and soul of the D.C. establishment against whom the president railed.”

“So you’re saying it’s a swamp pick?!” asked co-host Pete Hegseth.

“Yes!” said Napolitano.

It was a tough assessment from Napolitano, particularly on a program that Trump is known to watch regularly. The billionaire chief executive is a longtime fan of Napolitano and has been known to reference his legal analysis in public — sometimes to the judge’s detriment.

Napolitano took heat after the White House cited his March 2017 claim that Barack Obama employed British intelligence services to spy on Trump while he was a candidate. The insinuation led to a minor international incident at the time.

Napolitano himself is known to have met Trump during the presidential transition and even claimed to be on the SCOTUS shortlist.

As Politico reported at the time:

After meeting with President Trump twice during the transition, first in December and again in mid-January, the Newark, N.J.-born television personality told several people that Trump said he was on the list of judges from whom he was selecting a nominee for the high court. “He said, ‘Trump said I’m on the list,'” said a source who spoke with Napolitano shortly after one of his meetings with the then president-elect. “He’s been saying that since the transition.”

I guess you can't please all the people all the time.

B/A

Judge Napolitano is just jealous he got passed over for the job......an impending tweet from the Donald stating as much is sure to be along any time now.  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 2

Politics

Rick Santorum Turns On Trump: He 'Just Bowed To The Washington Elite'

HuffPost Ed Mazza,HuffPost Tue, Jul 10 3:39 AM EDT

Former GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum called out President Donald Trump for nominating Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

“I think that Donald Trump said he was going to energize the base with this pick. I don’t think he did that,” Santorum told CNN’s Chris Cuomo. 

On the contrary, Santorum said the base was “turned off” by Kavanaugh, a D.C. insider who was part of President George W. Bush’s legal team. 

“He is from Washington. He is the establishment pick. He is the Bush pick,” Santorum said, adding:

“It just seems like Trump in this case just bowed to the elite in Washington and I think that’s going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I don’t think it’s going to be a game-changer, but I think it’s not a, ‘Yeah, let’s go get them’ kind of moment for Trump.”

Edited by bostonangler
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bostonangler said:
Politics

Rick Santorum Turns On Trump: He 'Just Bowed To The Washington Elite'

HuffPost Ed Mazza,HuffPost Tue, Jul 10 3:39 AM EDT

Former GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum called out President Donald Trump for nominating Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

“I think that Donald Trump said he was going to energize the base with this pick. I don’t think he did that,” Santorum told CNN’s Chris Cuomo. 

On the contrary, Santorum said the base was “turned off” by Kavanaugh, a D.C. insider who was part of President George W. Bush’s legal team. 

“He is from Washington. He is the establishment pick. He is the Bush pick,” Santorum said, adding:

“It just seems like Trump in this case just bowed to the elite in Washington and I think that’s going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I don’t think it’s oing to be a gam-changer, but I think it’s not a, ‘Yeah, let’s go get them’ kind of moment for Trump.”

I think Trump just wants to own the record for most Supreme court justices appointed by a potus.  He somewhat traded in old Kennedy for a young Kennedy.  I don't think Donald cares one way or another about Roe v. Wade.  As for Santorum, the most fanatical of Trump's base will not take kindly to Rick calling out their golden god.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 2