Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Felix Baumgartner Proves the Flat Earth - In less than 3 minutes

bigwave

On 7/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, bostonangler said:

Perhaps God is a she... If so a lot of people are going to be in trouble...LOL

B/A

EPISCOPAL CHURCH DEBATES: IS GOD A MAN OR GENDER-NEUTRAL?

BY BENJAMIN FEARNOW ON 7/4/18 AT 10:54 AM

Advertisement 0:09

The Episcopal Church is set to debate the gender of God, specifically whether the Supreme Being is male or gender-neutral. 

Biblical scholars and Episcopalian Church leaders are set to consider two resolutions on God's gender during an Austin, Texas General Convention this week. The debate centers on the Christian denomination overhauling its Book of Common Prayer, the religious text used by as many as 3 million Episcopalians in the U.S. alone. 

RTR2FZWIThe Episcopal Church is set to debate the gender of God, specifically whether the celestial soul is male or gender-neutral.REUTERS | VASILY FEDOSENKO

Although the wording is slightly different throughout many Biblical texts and translations, part of the debate centers around passages such as this New Testament verse from the New American Standard Bible, where Jesus taught his disciples to pray to God with a male pronoun. "And He said to them, When you pray, say: 'Father, hallowed be Your name,'" reads Luke 11:1-4. Priests in the Episcopal church are looking to overhaul the Book of Common Prayer, which was last revised 39 years ago. CBN News reported that the proposed changes also include Christian duty to conserve the earth and same-sex marriage ceremonies being added to the liturgy

"As long as 'men' and 'God' are in the same category, our work toward equity will not just be incomplete. I honestly think it won't matter in some ways," the Reverend Wil Gafney, a professor of the Hebrew Bible at Brite Divinity School in Texas, told The Washington Post. Overhauled changes to the Episcopalian prayer book would not be available for use until 2030, church leaders added. 

Chicago Bishop Jeffrey Lee told the Post the Book of Common Prayer is intertwined with the theology of the church as a whole. He said the church should take note of women's demands for gender-neutral language and references to God. “In the culture, the whole #MeToo movement, I think, has really raised in sharp relief how much we do need to examine our assumptions about language and particularly the way we imagine God,” said Lee. “If a language for God is exclusively male and a certain kind of image of what power means, it’s certainly an incomplete picture of God. … We can’t define God. We can say something profoundly true about God, but the mystery we dare to call God is always bigger than anything we can imagine.”

The Episcopal Church has deep American roots, with more U.S. presidents being part of it than any other denomination, according to the Pew Research Center. It is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. 

Last year, The Church of Sweden updated its rules on God's gender, dropping the words "He" and "Lord" from clergy usage. The leader of the church said God's gender is beyond human understanding.

NOTE: IF they decide to remove all references of "he", "him" or references of male designation, they say it will take ten years to revise the Bible. Umm that is what Find and Replace in MS Word is for.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Theseus said:

Umm that is what Find and Replace in MS Word is for.

I think Moses dropped the Ten Commandments while leaving the mountain.

11 & 12 broke off.

11. Cover thine own a$$

12. Thou shalt not use MS Word on the Bible.

Categories :   Seeker 

In Rev. 22:1819, we read, "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book. If anyone adds to them, God shall add to him the plagues which are written in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book."

The plagues which are written in this book of Revelation are the wrath of God.

God will not permit anyone to trifle with His sacred Word. A severe warning is given to those who add to or subtract from this book - and this principle applies to all of Scripture, since this warning is found on the last page of the Bible.

The first blunder that Eve committed in Genesis 3 was to add and take away from God's word. God had said to Adam in Genesis 2:17, "From the tree of knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat, because, the day you will eat from it, you will surely die." Adam had undoubtedly communicated this accurately to Eve. But when Eve was asked by the serpent in Gen.3:1, "What has God said?", Eve added and subtracted from God's command in her reply. First of all she added something. She said, "God has said, 'You shall not eat from it nor touch it' " (Gen.3:3).God had never said anything about touching the tree. And then Eve subtracted. She said, "...lest you die" (Gen 3:3),weakening the stern warning of God Who had said, "You shall surely die." The phrase "lest you die" implies that there is a possibility that you may not die. So we see in the beginning of the Bible that sin began through adding to and subtracting from God's Word. And so, right at the end of the Bible, there is a strong warning against adding to or subtracting from God's Word.

Today, many have added their human traditions to the Word of God and made them almost equally important. Likewise, many have subtracted from God's Word by saying that obedience to certain small commandments is unimportant.

We must be very careful to eliminate from our lives and our homes everything that is contrary to God's Word. And we must be equally careful to add to our lives and our homes everything that we have missed out from God's Word.

Through our attitude to His Word, God tests us to see whether we are ready to live with Him for eternity or not.

Ps.138:2 states that God has magnified His Word above His Name. So if we dishonour God's word, we dishonour God's Name. Many denominations in"Christianity" have added to and subtracted from God's Word. Thus they have ended in spiritual harlotry. We need to be warned by their failure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

I think Moses dropped the Ten Commandments while leaving the mountain.

11 & 12 broke off.

11. Cover thine own a$$

12. Thou shalt not use MS Word on the Bible.

Categories :   Seeker 

In Rev. 22:1819, we read, "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book.

HEy man, just the messenger here. Take that to the conference the Episcopals are having you might have a better chance than a snowball in hell. They are currently debating this now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2018 at 2:23 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't think it worked out too well for her.

But you could just read the bible, guess what; the earth is Gods footstool.

Unless of course you want to call God a liar. 

When reading the Bible, context is everything. If you feel that God rests His feet on the surface of the Earth, like a footstool, let me know where his footprints are.

This is allegory for He has dominion and authority over everyone and everything, physical and spiritual.

Indy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/7/2018 at 8:58 AM, nstoolman1 said:

Read the Bible.

God the Father.

Where is the confusion? 

Again you are confusing me for something I am not claiming. It is the Episcopals who are debating this subject. Since you underlined that very subject, I will take this in a different direction though. IN the following verse:

25 At that time Jesus answered and said,I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

If Jesus is God and God is the Father, who is Jesus praying to in this Bible verse. It cannot be to himself because he addresses a separate entity as his Father. There are several verses in the Bible in which Jesus prays to his spiritual Father who is he claims is God. Christians believe in Egg theory where an egg is made up of the yolk, white and shell to come together to make a whole. This theory falls flat when the yolk prays to the shell. This is a fundamental flaw in Chriatianity where Jesus is determined to be God in the flesh. However, at the time the Bible was translated from Latin to English, Lord meant nobility in the feudal system and it did not mean God.  If Jesus was a Lord in the context of the Feudal system, then I agree he is beneath God. I do not dispute the miracles Jesus did nor the fact he existed and died and resurrected. I dispute the way man has later designated him to be on par with God when he never was. On the cross he cried out (paraphrasing) why did his father forsake him? Who is Jesus' Father if Mary had a Virgin birth said to be inseminated by the Breath of God. So the issue here is not whether God is male or female, I could careless. The issue is not whether Jesus existed, created miracles, died on the cross and was resurrected. The issue is the fact that when Jesus prayed, he prayed to his Father but in modernity, we are taught Jesus is the Father made in the flesh. In today's world of school shootings and stupid stuff and the quick accusations to the individual as being psycho, Jesus would have been declared mentally unstable for believing he is his own father.

5 minutes ago, Theseus said:

In today's world of school shootings and stupid stuff and the quick accusations to the individual as being psycho, Jesus would have been declared mentally unstable for believing he is his own father.

He was declared mentally unstable by the very religious leaders that professed to serve God. Now read this really slow and carefully.

God the Father = The mind

God the Flesh = Jesus Christ

God the Spirit = The Holy Spirit 

What you are failing to understand is that the Creator of everything that was created has the ability to separate his body mind and soul into three 

equal yet individual beings. And what's more I believe that he showed us exactly when this separation took place. 

Genesis 1: 1-4 

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light,

that it was good:

Now we know that Jesus is the 

Light of the world.

John 8:12

12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Thus the very first thing that God did was to separate the three parts of his being 

into three separate but equal entities.

It's called the '

HOLY TRINITY

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

He was declared mentally unstable by the very religious leaders that professed to serve God. Now read this really slow and carefully.

God the Father = The mind

God the Flesh = Jesus Christ

God the Spirit = The Holy Spirit 

What you are failing to understand is that the Creator of everything that was created has the ability to separate his body mind and soul into three 

equal yet individual beings. And what's more I believe that he showed us exactly when this separation took place. 

So even though they are three separate entities, he still called himself his own father and prayed to himself. Why did he cry out on the cross about his mind forsaking himself? See when you start to put the logic into the equation it makes no sense Jesus would pray to himself. I understand that a being can be more than three things in one but what a being cannot be is the creator to themselves. That's like saying God created himself. So, if God made man; who made God?  In this case, you would have me to believe the Holy Ghost with the help of man created God (Jesus). Danger! Will Robinson. Danger! I am by no means an atheist but then again I cannot reasonably and logically conclude Jesus is God. HE might be a Lord in the vassal context of the Feudal system when the Bible was put together according to the council of Nicene then translated into English by a King James edict. I feel over time the two Lord/God have become synonymous when they are two different roles in the hierarchy and to explain it only recently did Christians believe in the three in one theory put forth by those who blindly follow the teachings of man about the Bible.  

On 7/7/2018 at 6:58 AM, nstoolman1 said:

Read the Bible.

God the Father.

Where is the confusion? 

I was only addressing the the line from the original posters article. "Episcopalian Church leaders are set to consider two resolutions on God's gender during an Austin, Texas General Convention" hence the statement God the Father. And the question Where is the confusion?

As to the Egg theory, never heard of it. 

I feel it is more of the Water, Ice, Steam theory. Three different states of the same matter. 

And no, I will not debate it with anyone because I am not a bible scholar, don't know the bible verses by heart. I just have a gut feeling. 

I am not perfect and if I get a few of these things wrong my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ paid for these mistakes on the cross.

You guys can knock your selves out debating about them but I have no wish to be in on it. 

• Upvote 4

No debate for me here either but.....

The Scriptures are clear that these 3 persons together are One  and only One God (Deuteronomy 6:4).  John 10:30 and 33 explain that the Father and the Son are One.  First Corinthians show that the Father and the Spirit are one.  Romans 8:9 makes clear the the Son and the Spirit are One and John 14:16, 18 and 23 demonstrate that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One.

Yet, in exhibiting the unity between the Members of the Trinity, the Word of God in no way denies the simultaneous existence and distinctiveness of each of the 3 Persons of the Godhead.

In other words, the Bible makes clear that God is one God(not 3) but that the ONE God is a Trinity of 3 Persons

Jonathan Edwards noted, after studying this topic extensively, " I think(the doctrine of the Trinity) to be the highest and deepest of all Divine mysteries.".  I have to agree.

Although the fullness of the Trinity is far beyond our human comprehension it is unquestionable how God has revealed Himself to us in His prescious Scripture.

barb

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Theseus said:

So even though they are three separate entities, he still called himself his own father and prayed to himself. Why did he cry out on the cross about his mind forsaking himself? See when you start to put the logic into the equation it makes no sense Jesus would pray to himself. I understand that a being can be more than three things in one but what a being cannot be is the creator to themselves. That's like saying God created himself. So, if God made man; who made God?  In this case, you would have me to believe the Holy Ghost with the help of man created God (Jesus). Danger! Will Robinson. Danger! I am by no means an atheist but then again I cannot reasonably and logically conclude Jesus is God. HE might be a Lord in the vassal context of the Feudal system when the Bible was put together according to the council of Nicene then translated into English by a King James edict. I feel over time the two Lord/God have become synonymous when they are two different roles in the hierarchy and to explain it only recently did Christians believe in the three in one theory put forth by those who blindly follow the teachings of man about the Bible.  

Logic, Logic, Logic

I totally understand your thoughts and I do sympathize. 

Attempting to understand how or why God does anything from our perspective is an act in futility.

That is exactly why we are told by God to have faith. 

It is thru faith that we will eventually see God as through a stained glass and know that he is there.

It is through faith that we will have the experience of the Holy Spirit living in us. 

Faith that grows will give us the power to actually hear God speaking to us.

And that is how to explain it,

When we say, "God talks to us", we don't actually hear a voice.

We have this supernatural internal KNOWING that we have just heard God. 

One can not use only Logic to understand God, Logic is only the beginning of faith.

You must go beyond your abilities to think logically 

You must have faith.

• Upvote 3

Matthew 28:16-20 New International Version (NIV)

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Matthew 28:16-20 New International Version (NIV)

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Amen!

• Upvote 2