Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 07/01/2018

yota691

1 hour ago, blueskyline said:

I find it highly interesting that this latest lifting of sanctions comes on the same day Parliment has officially expired with certain members no longer in power .

They can't rob the piggy bank, Now it time for Reconstruction projects to move forward....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 8

"Iraq is no longer subject to monitoring and follow-up by the FATF," the bank statement concluded"

- stability

- create confidence in the banking system

- will attract investment 

- suitable environment for business 

Go RV

Go $1:1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 12

Iraq is out of the list of States under international monitoring and monitoring of its finances

14:58 - 01/07/2018

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9

Information / Baghdad ...

The Central Bank announced on Sunday that Iraq is out of the list of countries under the monitoring and follow-up of international funds.

"The International Financial Action Task Force (FATF) officially announced the exit of Iraq from the follow-up area, because the Iraqi Central Bank and the Office of AML / CFT have made significant progress in improving and addressing the issues," the bank said in a statement received by the Information Agency. Shortcomings and to meet all its obligations towards the recommendations of the FATF and address the requirements of the strategy of combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism prepared by the Central Bank of Iraq.

"The decision also came after the enactment of AML No. 39 of 2015, the issuance of instructions and controls, the establishment of the AML / CFT Council and the Committee for the Freezing of Terrorist Funds, and thus Iraq is no longer subject to monitoring and follow-up by the FATF." Ending / 25

http://www.almaalomah.com/2018/07/01/322636/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

fatf-660x330.jpg

Iraq is out of the list of States subject to international financial monitoring and follow-up

aljournal July 1, 2018

BAGHDAD - 
The Central Bank of Iraq (CBE) announced on Sunday that Iraq is officially out of the list of countries under monitoring and follow-up by the International Financial Action Task Force.

"The FATF officially announced Iraq's exit from the follow-up area because of the significant progress made by the Central Bank and AML / CFT in improving and addressing shortcomings and meeting all its commitments towards the recommendations of the Working Group," the central bank said in a statement. Financial and address the requirements of the strategy of combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism prepared by the Central Bank of Iraq. "

He added that "as well as the legislation of the Anti-Money Laundering Law No. 39 of 2015 and the issuance of instructions and controls and the establishment of the Council against Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism as well as the Committee to freeze the funds of terrorists," noting that Iraq is no longer subject to monitoring and follow-up by the FATF.

http://www.aljournal.com/العراق-يخرج-من-قائمة-الدول-الخاضعة-للر/

• Upvote 2

I would like to Thank Yota and Butifldrm for bringing in ALL these FANTASTIC articles AND for ALL the Great Comments!!!

:tiphat:   :tiphat:   :tiphat:

I thought there would be SOME Good News today but I did not expect this MUCH Good News!!!

Hey, maybe we’ll even get a Fly By from Adam TODAY or early this week!!!

:o               :o              :o

All I Can Say Is.........................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

Wondering if the rate will change before the election recount is completed? Any thoughts anyone?

Wish that could take place . . . If there's anything these folks do well it's foot dragging and waiting for this, that or whatever before they do anything at all.

In this case my guess is they'll feel they must wait for the next Parliament to be seated after the recount and all gripes & complaints have been settled in this contentious matter. This way, they have a stable & legitimate GOI in place ( hopefully ), to instill investor confidence :twocents: :tiphat:

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

Wondering if the rate will change before the election recount is completed? Any thoughts anyone?

You know, Bama Girl, THAT is a most excellent question (as always)!!! :tiphat:

My opinion is the whole deal pertaining to Iraq has many, many moving parts and gears especially internationally. There likely is going to be a shifting of gears to meet Iraq’s and international aspirations or needs that could be more like grinding gears instead of a smooth shift. I suspect the MUST HAVES need to be met in totale whereas the NEED TO HAVE and/or NICE TO HAVES need to be mostly in place or at least at a minimum stability as the gears are ground.

My mental model is the election recount NEEDS TO BE completed and the GOI seated for a Safe, Secure, Stable, and Sovereign Iraq but that may not need to be the case. So, MAYBE the election recount does not need to be completed before the CBI reinstates or revalues the Iraqi Dinar AND Iraq goes to an “open economy” with an internationally recognized Iraqi Dinar from a “closed economy” with the corrupt daily CBI currency auctions with a program rate Iraqi Dinar.

The down side to all this is Sectarian Violence and especially Civil War so I do think time is of the essence since if Sectarian Violence or Civil War erupts, this will impede the reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment for some time. I can not imagine the reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment getting started at the needed capacity and rate without an “open economy” and internationally recognized Iraqi Dinar and Iraqi Dinar rate.

The Iraqi Dinar reinstatement or revaluation seems to me to be part of a much bigger Iraqi and international pictures so where the issues stand with the Iraqi Dinar stand compared to the election recount is something I just do not know.

Whatever the issues are, they are LOOKIN’ GOOD About NOW!!!

:cigar:       :cigar:       :cigar:

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion, and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

In The Mean Time..........................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Wish that could take place . . . If there's anything these folks do well it's foot dragging and waiting for this, that or whatever before they do anything at all.

In this case my guess is they'll feel they must wait for the next Parliament to be seated after the recount and all gripes & complaints have been settled in this contentious matter. This way, they have a stable & legitimate GOI in place ( hopefully ), to instill investor confidence :twocents: :tiphat:

Well said 10 Years Later. My thinking is along the same line. I never want to discourage people but some get their hopes up with an article or two and I hate for them to be disappointed as we all have been in the past. Thank you for your input

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2