Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 20 June 2018

Adam Montana

Gooooood morning DV!

I don’t know about you, but that seemed like the longest Ramadan ever! While I didn’t make a big deal out of it, I have been pretty keen on the news throughout the last few weeks. 

Ramadan + Elections is never an easy situation to analyze, and this year is proving no different. It’s pretty much impossible to determine exactly how this year will turn out, but over the next couple days I expect to see more definitive answers. 

Once that’s done, we’re on to the next phases. Since we’re in that limbo state for a couple days, I won’t speculate much about the course of things… the good news is we should only have a couple of days to wait for this to develop and give us a better picture to the future. :twothumbs: 

Hat tip to @yota691 for bringing the relevant news, sometimes even before the Iraqi news sites themselves get it!

Here’s a good place to see the latest:

(If the link above doesn't take you directly to the 4th page of that thread, just skip ahead.)

The bottom line right now is that Iraq is hashing out the elections, determining a victor, and we'll be moving forward shortly.

:twothumbs: 

With that said, I fully expect things to start ramping back up for us in Dinar Land, so the weekly Q&A sessions will resume. There’s only a few for this week, but be sure to get any further thoughts and inquiries into the next one here: 

This week’s Q’s:

On 6/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, DWitte said:

Hey Adam, aside from the HCL happening, what else do you think has to happen for the RV to become a reality? 

DW

The immediate need is the election results... Iraq needs a captain for their ship. This should be done in short order, and then we're back on the hunt for HCL.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:46 AM, Shedagal said:

Adam, could the OPEC meeting this week help move the HCL to completion?

I don't think so. I think passing the HCL will prompt another OPEC meeting, but OPEC related matters are going to continue "business as usual" until Iraq actually makes a move on the HCL.

With any luck, and the way things are going, I'm hoping to see that happen soon. And I'll welcome the "emergency OPEC meeting" with open arms!

:twocents:

On 6/17/2018 at 3:43 PM, KristiD said:
Regarding the Article 8 requirement that a country must maintain no more than a 2% differntial between the official rate and the market rate for 90 days before it can transition to Articale 8....  Since Iraq finally was able to maintain that compliance for  90 days as Friday, June 15, and since Iraq does not appear to have been motivated to do that until now, do you agree this is a good indication that Iraq wants to move to Article 8 shortly, especially since they've been had trouble maintaining less than 2% previously?  

And is it true that, by Iraq being Article 8 compliant, Iraq's currency will become "interntionally recognized, covertible and tradable worldwide"?  If yes, doesn't that imply that once Iraq moves to Article 8, they will have to get off the artificial peg - either by 
1) floating up from where they are now
2) bumping the rate up (a little or a lot) and then floating up from there (what you expect to happen I believe)
3) immediately adjusting it to the actual market rate today (whatever they decide that is)?

Thanks Adam!

Good morning Kristi! You pose a difficult question to answer in entirety, but one thing certainly jumps out at me - I bolded it above.

Compliance/entry into Article 8 does not magically influence the world to resume trading IQD in the same manner as we do other currencies you can find at any old exchange desk... all the way down to the mexican peso! Thinking about it this way can be a bit of a distraction, so I try not to put a ton of emphasis or importance on "Article 8". 

The IQD will become "internationally recognized" once Iraq itself puts their faith into it - and that will be symbolized/shown with an RV.

When the CBI changes the rate,

nobody will care about Article 8.

(Yes, that rhymed! Chant it. :lol: )

On 6/18/2018 at 2:04 AM, hawaii50hawk said:

What is your opinion on the Warka situation?  Can we recover our purchased shares?

Good morning Hawaii50hawk,

I don't spend a lot of time on Warka - I figure once the value of the dinar goes up, Warka will be forced to make some changes, and we will know then. Until then, Warka is just a sidenote on this journey.

:twocents: 

On 6/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, one2one said:

do the regular iraqi citizens prefer to use our dollar or their dinar

I think you'd get a dozen answers if you asked a dozen Iraqis! :lol: 

================

I'll be here if you need me, but that's it for now.

Let's hang tight till these ballots are counted, and as always, GOOO RRRRVVVVVVVV!!!!!

:tiphat: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

A few months ago the news out of Iraq was very positive.  Then came an upset election and Ramadan.  I agree Adam this Ramadan did seem longer than usual.  I’m hoping Iraq can get past the election acrimony, form their government and get back to the news of rebuilding their war torn country.   What better way to get things rolling than to give the Dinar an increased rate and get those investment monies coming into Iraq.  Thanks Adam for all you do to help. 🛎️ time to ring the bell.  

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

A few months ago the news out of Iraq was very positive.  Then came an upset election and Ramadan.  I agree Adam this Ramadan did seem longer than usual.  I’m hoping Iraq can get past the election acrimony, form their government and get back to the news of rebuilding their war torn country.   What better way to get things rolling than to give the Dinar an increased rate and get those investment monies coming into Iraq.  Thanks Adam for all you do to help. 🛎️ time to ring the bell.  

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the update Adam.  I see Iraq is back to doing the usual which is stalling.....I know Adam does not have the rate and date of the RV but do we really think Iraq CBI and GOI will ever pull the RV trigger? (I ask this question because every year is one excuse after another:confused2:)  Ok enough with my venting about this investment, will go back to living my life and take another break from this Dinar stuff......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sandfly for the update Adam, and thanks for all you and your Mod Squad do to keep us Dinarians “somewhat level headed”...that’s gotta be a full time job in itself! 😉

So as we either choose to have faith that this ride is almost over, or sink into the old ruts of thinkin’ this will take forever let’s keep in mind one thing...one day, someday , Iraq is going to want to stand on its own two feet, puff out their chest and take pride in their country again!  Just how quickly that is...only they really know!  In the meantime life here goes on, and we make the most of it when we don’t miss a second of it! :eyebrows: :cigar:

• Upvote 2

Muleslayer

• Muleslayer
4 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

I don’t know about you, but that seemed like the longest Ramadan ever!

Umbertino Spent The Time Camped Out Down In The DV Music Basement With LGD And MuleSlayer Binge Watching Their Favorite TV Series - ‘Leave It To Bieber’ ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 7

Thug you make me laugh even when you aren’t trying. Thanks for that. Stressful day trading so far. A good lol is much appreciated.

What made me laugh ( almost posted the movie clip from the Revenge of the Nerds,  the part about beaver).  Better judgement on posting prevailed. 

stangernan, nice, haven’t heard that song in 25 years.  Now I can’t get it out of my mind. Haha

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1