Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Central Bank of Iraq participates in a seminar on financial inclusion at the University of Erbil

yota691

8530.jpg

Banks

Economy News _ Baghdad

The University of Erbil International in cooperation with the Central Bank and the Association of Iraqi private banks, a symposium entitled "The role of the Central Bank of Iraq in achieving financial inclusion." 
A source familiar with the refusal to disclose his name to "Economy News", "The University of Arbil International in cooperation with the Central Bank and the Association of private banks will hold a scientific symposium entitled (the role of the Central Bank of Iraq in the achievement of financial inclusion), next Sunday. 
He added that "the seminar will be attended by representatives of the Central Bank are the Director of Payments Department, Sheikh Abdul Karim, the official spokesman of the Central Bank Bassem Abdul Hadi, Director of Relations in the Association of Private Banks Majid Michel and the financial and economic adviser to the Association of Private Banks Samir Nusairi and others. 
He noted that "

Views 104   Date Added 20/06/2018

• Upvote 3

LINK

University of Erbil holds a scientific symposium on the role of the Central Bank in achieving financial inclusion

8530.jpg 

20th June, 2018

The University of Erbil International in cooperation with the Central Bank and the Association of Iraqi private banks, a symposium entitled "The role of the Central Bank of Iraq in achieving financial inclusion." 

A source familiar with the refusal to disclose his name to "Economy News", "The University of Arbil International in cooperation with the Central Bank and the Association of private banks will hold a scientific symposium entitled (the role of the Central Bank of Iraq in the achievement of financial inclusion), next Sunday

He added that "the seminar will be attended by representatives of the Central Bank are the Director of Payments Department, Sheikh Abdul Karimthe official spokesman of the Central Bank Bassem Abdul Hadi, Director of Relations in the Association of Private Banks Majid Michel and the financial and economic adviser to the Association of Private Banks Samir Nusairi and others

• Upvote 5

On 6/20/2018 at 11:56 AM, Calijim said:

They can talk all they want but until they get the government directly involved nothing will happen. 

Calijim, I understood, and my understanding could definitely be wrong, the CBI makes the decision to RV, and the only involvement the GOI has is authorizing funds for the printing of currency. I remember this from the Shabibi days, and as I say, that doesn't mean it is correct.  Anybody have something else?  Always learning.......😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Carrello said:

Calijim, I understood, and my understanding could definitely be wrong, the CBI makes the decision to RV, and the only involvement the GOI has is authorizing funds for the printing of currency. I remember this from the Shabibi days, and as I say, that doesn't mean it is correct.  Anybody have something else?  Always learning.......😎

You are right carrello. Its even stated in their constitution. Also the cbi does answer somewhat to parliament as far as the explanation of what they are doing, but they hold no weight over the cbi. Even the new amendment to the cbi law states the independence of the cbi. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Financial inclusion will help to collect the chunky cash, open a bank account, turn into digital money and reduce the cash in circulation 

and the note count.

Go financial inclusion 

Go less money in circulation 

Go RV

Go $1:1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Erbil International University hosts an exhibition for most Iraqi and Arab banks where these banks offer most banking services including:
• Opening credits
• Public bank loans
• Current accounts and savings
• Smart Cards (Master and Visa Card)
• Bonds and shares
• Corporate accounts
• Letters of guarantee
• Bank credit
• Trading
• External and internal transfers
• Western union
• Exchange
In the building of the University of Erbil International on Sunday, 24-6-2018 from 9-3 pm
Do not miss this opportunity to meet most of the private banks and know their services.

Nooruz Sayidin neighborhood, Norouz district, next to Paki Private Hospital, Irbil, Iraq

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Symposium on the role of the Central Bank of Iraq in achieving financial inclusion

• June 24, 2018
  • 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
  • Newroz St. next to Paki Hospital

The University of Erbil International and in cooperation with the Central Bank of Iraq and the Association of Iraqi private banks to hold the scientific symposium tagged

(The role of the Central Bank of Iraq in achieving financial inclusion)

Which will be held under the patronage of the Minister of Finance, on Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 10 am in the conference hall of the University of Erbil International

Where representatives of most private and government banks, economic and banking institutions, businessmen and economists are well known at the Iraqi and international levels

The symposium will be of several axes

The strategy of financial inclusion in Iraq

The course of payment systems in achieving financial coverage in Iraq

The importance of financial inclusion programs in the banking sector

The importance of achieving financial coverage in the Kurdistan Region

The experience of the International Bank of Kurdistan with the achievement of financial inclusion

Project of youth care in the Kurdistan Region

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Carrello said:

I believe maiki changed all of it. I read in the post where shabs RV'd the iraq currency, Maliki brought the value back down and put the power of a RV in the hands of the GOI. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Floridian said:

Maliki wanting to use the cbi as a piggy bank.

I think it was, malarki didn't want the auctions to end. The perfect place to launder all of the stolden dinar. Just think of all the hundreds of billions of dinar that were issued for projects and very little of that money ever got to where it should have gone. 

11 minutes ago, jg1 said:

I believe maiki changed all of it. I read in the post where shabs RV'd the iraq currency, Maliki brought the value back down and put the power of a RV in the hands of the GOI. 

January 2011 when former Prime Minister al-Maliki won a court ruling that placed independent institutions, including the CBI, under the control of the cabinet. In January 2012, the CBI raised the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to $1.19, causing a huge crisis

7 minutes ago, jg1 said:

jg1, I think if Maliki and the GOI has that kind of power that they had all of the power over the CBI, the CBI reserves would be absolutely empty. Empty.  The US Treasury moved into the CBI building years ago to watch over them. The CBI is/was in the trusteeship of the IMF,, and international status will be issued from the IMF, giving international investors the confidence from IMF Article 8 status to trade and receive payments in IQD.

Maliki requested a "loan" from Shabibi from CBI reserves, Shabibi said no, and that is when Maliki issued the warrant for his arrest when he was at a conference in Japan.

This is just how I see it, jg1. Have a good weekend.😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Carrello said:

jg1, I think if Maliki and the GOI has that kind of power that they had all of the power over the CBI, the CBI reserves would be absolutely empty. Empty.  The US Treasury moved into the CBI building years ago to watch over them. The CBI is/was in the trusteeship of the IMF,, and international status will be issued from the IMF, giving international investors the confidence from IMF Article 8 status to trade and receive payments in IQD.

Maliki requested a "loan" from Shabibi from CBI reserves, Shabibi said no, and that is when Maliki issued the warrant for his arrest when he was at a conference in Japan.

This is just how I see it, jg1. Have a good weekend.😎

I sure hope so. Thank you, always love your posts. 

• yota691 changed the title to The Central Bank of Iraq participates in a seminar on financial inclusion at the University of Erbil