Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Says It's OK He Misled Media About Son's Russia Meeting

President  Donald Trump said on Friday that it doesn’t matter if he misled the media about his son’s infamous 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russian nationals. 

The president’s lawyers admitted nearly two weeks ago that he dictated a statement that Donald Trump Jr. released about the meeting. When pressed by reporters Friday morning, Trump said, “It’s irrelevant. It’s a statement to The New York Times. The phony, failing New York Times.”

Trump Jr. met with a Kremlin-linked attorney at his father’s property in June 2016, after he was told he would receive damaging information on presidential campaign rival Hillarious Clinton. In the first statement on the meeting, first published by The New York Times, the president’s son said the group was there to discuss adoption policy.

“That’s not a statement to a high tribunal of judges,” Trump continued Friday, as he spoke to reporters on the White House lawn. “That’s a statement to the phony New York Times. In fact, frankly, you shouldn’t even speak to The New York Times because they only write phony stories, anyway.”

Trump’s casual stance on telling the truth was also apparent in remarks he made about retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, his former national security adviser who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI. 

“I feel badly for General Flynn. He’s lost his house; he’s lost his life,” Trump said. “And some people say he lied and some people say he didn’t lie. I mean, really, it turned out maybe he didn’t lie.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-seemingly-admits-dictating-infamous-145209213.html

No Mr. President, to mislead is to lie... You're not lying to the media, you're lying to your people.... It's like he's become Kim Un Trump...

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 6

Well there you go... The Ruby Baron is cool with his president admitting he lies... Man this country is really in trouble when people knowingly support a guy who says lying is okay... We all know people lie, but most don't come out and say "it's okay that I'm lying"...

Two things I hate, thieves and liars, you just can't let them in your house. Well I can only speak for myself... 

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Two things I hate, thieves and liars,

End Quote

Hey B/A...That somehow reminds me  of that "Full Metal Jacket" line where Drill Instructor (RIP) asks someone  " Where are you from , Private?"  "  "Sir, Texas, Sir"...."Well, only 2 things come from Texas, and that is bulls and faxxots...I can't see no horns  which kinda narrows it down..."

• Haha 2

F......ing Dems crybaby SOBts .....I'm not even Republican anymore.... President D-REX Trump has exposed all of these sorry SOB's. I hope that they all burn in hell ! Just saying ! If any Dems has irrifutable truth about Comet Comey or the rest of the swamp , please tell this old country boy different. Who's watching the border tonight ? Who's watching the airways tonight ? Who's f...... Up MS13 tonight ? Who's going after the crooked DOJ...The crooked FBI and .....the fake news media? Sheite fight 🔥 with 🔥....lies with lies....who the hell really knows....but in the end, good will win ! That's what is upon us. Don't buy into a damn thing and give him a chance to make it right ! Elections will come again and the great American people have already spoken ! Who's ever standing after all of this is the winner...hands down ! 

• Thanks 4

B/A, you and I will never agree politically but I do agree with your statement "Man this country is really in trouble when people knowingly support a guy who says lying is okay... We all know people lie, but most don't come out and say "it's okay that I'm lying....."

And I don't see any difference in his lies and Clinton’s or O's or the media. They all suck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

***///

"... that's a statement to The New York Times..."

If ya lie to the liars - does it cancel out the lie...?  LOL ! :P:lol:

On the other hand - outright lies to the face of the American people....

"... if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor..."  :angry:

"... I did not have sex with that woman...  Depends what the meaning of the word 'is' is..."  :facepalm3:

"... you mean like wipe it with a cloth or something...?"   :facepalm2:

" ...they died because of a video..."    :facepalm:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

Bostonangler & umbert same animal, posting these liberal biased articals to get people upset and fighting. Job accomplished! Then there is luigi. 

It's their opinion or mission, who knows but when you post to their thread it keeps them in the lime lite and that's what they want. So keep feeding  them and they will keep coming back for more, or just put them on ignore and their post quicky slips away except when they continuously post to themselves. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, jg1 said:

Bostonangler & umbert same animal, posting these liberal biased articals to get people upset and fighting. Job accomplished! Then there is luigi. 

It's their opinion or mission, who knows but when you post to their thread it keeps them in the lime lite and that's what they want. So keep feeding  them and they will keep coming back for more, or just put them on ignore and their post quicky slips away except when they continuously post to themselves. 

HEAR!!! HEAR!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Well then let's lump the press into your pot of liars because they have been misleading and lying to the  American people for a long time just so they could get a Clinton elected. 

Don't forget every lie HRC and BC ever made. Or Obama telling the folks of this nation that the best we can hope for is a 1 - 1.5 annual growth rate. Or that Mr Obama's administration does not know why 20,000 plus manufacturing plants are moving over seas. Or that Trumps does not care about the fate of people of color. Lowest black, brown, red, and yellow  unemployment  in the US in 40 years. Lower Federal taxes more money in everyone's pocket. What politician does not lie ?  

Like SGT said: 

"... that's a statement to The New York Times..."

If ya lie to the liars - does it cancel out the lie...?  LOL ! 

On the other hand - outright lies to the face of the American people....

"... if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor..."  

"... I did not have sexual relations with that woman...  Depends what the meaning of the word 'is' is..."  

"... you mean like wipe it with a cloth or something...?"   

" ...they died because of a video..."    

.Like Sgt said.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 5

AYYQ3GDKTQI6RHRYETTJHM4GG4.jpg
President Barack Obama, with Secretary of State John F. Kerry, speaks to the media about the Iran nuclear deal on Sept. 10, 2015. (Jim Lo Scalzo/EPA)
thiessenm.jpg?ts=1436829499097&w=80&h=80&t=20170517a
By Marc A. ThiessenJune 8

When it comes to the Iran nuclear deal, the Obama administration increasingly appears to have been a bottomless pit of deception.

First, President Barack Obama failed to disclose to Congress the existence of secret side deals on inspections when he transmitted the nuclear accord to Capitol Hill. (They were only uncovered by chance when then-Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) learned about them during a meeting with International Atomic Energy Agency officials in Vienna.) Then, we learned that the Obama administration had secretly sent a plane to Tehran loaded with $400 million in Swiss francs, euros and other currencies on the same day Iran released four American hostages, which was followed by two more secret flights carrying another $1.3 billion in cash.

Now, in a bombshell revelation, Republicans on the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, led by Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), have revealed in a new report that the Obama administration secretly tried to help Iran use U.S. banks to convert $5.7 billion in Iranian assets, after promising Congress that Iran would not get access to the U.S. financial system — and then lied to Congress about what it had done. (Full disclosure: My wife works for Portman).

In July 2015, Obama Treasury Secretary Jack Lew assured the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that, under the nuclear accord, Iran “will continue to be denied access to the [U.S.] financial and commercial market” and that “Iranian banks will not be able to clear U.S. dollars through New York, hold correspondent account relationships with U.S. financial institutions, or enter into financing arrangements with U.S. banks.” A few weeks later, one of Lew’s top deputies, Adam Szubin, used the exact same words in testimony to the Senate banking committee.

But Senate investigators found that on Feb. 24, 2016, the Obama Treasury Department “granted a specific license that authorized a conversion of Iranian assets worth billions of U.S. dollars using the U.S. financial system” — exactly what Lew and Szubin said would not happen — including unlimited future Iranian deposits at Bank Muscat in Oman until the license expired.

Not only that, Senate investigators found that officials from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), which regulates U.S. banks’ compliance with U.S. sanctions law, “encouraged two U.S. correspondent banks to convert the funds.” The report says “both banks declined to complete the transaction due to compliance, reputational, and legal risks associated with doing business with Iran.” The Post’s Alan Sipress and Karen DeYoung explain how President Trump’s decision might affect an already tense Middle East.(Sarah Parnass, Joyce Lee/The Washington Post)

Then, after issuing the license, the Obama administration explicitly denied to Congress that it had done so. Lew and Szubin both failed to disclose the license in congressional testimony while continuing to assert that the Obama administration would not give Iran access to U.S. financial institutions — when they had just tried to do so. And in a June 2016 letter to Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Treasury officials declared “The U.S. Department of Treasury is not working on behalf of Iran to enable Iranian access to U.S. dollars elsewhere in the international financial system, nor are we assisting Iran in gaining access to dollar payment systems outside the U.S. financial system. The Administration has not been and is not planning to grant Iran access to the U.S. financial system.” This was patently false.

Investigators also found internal State Department emails, in which officials admitted that the Obama administration had “exceeded our JCPOA commitments” by authorizing Iranian access to U.S. banks. Furthermore, the report reveals that the Obama administration put on more than 200 “roadshows” across the world where they encouraged foreign financial institutions to do business with Iran “as long as the rest of the world left the United States out of it.” According to the report, during a roadshow in London, OFAC Director John Smith “downplayed the likelihood of any future penalties or fines,” telling the audience “that 95% of the time OFAC sees an apparent violation it results in a simple warning letter or no enforcement action.”

In other words, the Obama administration: (1) told Congress it would not allow Iran access to U.S. financial institutions; (2) issued a special license allowing Iran to do exactly that; (3) unsuccessfully pressured U.S. banks to help Iran; (4) lied to Congress and the American people about what it had done; (5) admitted in internal emails that these efforts “exceeded” U.S. obligations under the nuclear deal; (6) sent officials, including bank regulators, around the world to urge foreign financial institutions to do business with Iran; and (7) promised that they would get nothing more than a slap on the wrist for violating U.S. sanctions.

How bad is this? Remove the words “Obama” and “Iran” and replace them with “Trump” and “Russia” and imagine the outrage that would ensue over the same revelations. Democrats would be holding news conferences, and the story would be front-page news.

We hear a lot these days from the media about the danger of presidential lies. Well, when it comes to the Iran deal, the Obama administration took lying to new heights. And no, that’s not Fake News.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, new york kevin said:

Don't forget every lie HRC and BC ever made.

They are all the same Kevin... George "W" lied about weapons of mass destruction, so Black rock could cash in... It didn't matter that thousands of Americans would die for nothing... Clinton lied, Obama lied, Trump lies... Let's be honest, you can't be honest to be in Washington... That's the way it seems anyway.

B/A

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

And it is a DAMN shame that it is that way BA, but history is replete with lying A$$HOLES many hundreds to thousands of years back. Now you know why politicians have less respect than used car salesmen.

Yup and why true intellects do not run for office... If only the smartest people who are honest were in government... But of course they are too smart to play that dirty game...

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Yup and why true intellects do not run for office... If only the smartest people who are honest were in government... But of course they are too smart to play that dirty game...

B/A

LOL.... Looks like I got negged by a possible candidate for office!

B/A

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bostonangler said:

They are all the same Kevin... George "W" lied about weapons of mass destruction, so Black rock could cash in... It didn't matter that thousands of Americans would die for nothing... Clinton lied, Obama lied, Trump lies... Let's be honest, you can't be honest to be in Washington... That's the way it seems anyway.

B/A

I agree with these words of yours, and some said that couldn't  be done.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, bostonangler said:

Well there you go... The Ruby Baron is cool with his president admitting he lies... Man this country is really in trouble when people knowingly support system" rel="">support a guy who says lying is okay... We all know people lie, but most don't come out and say "it's okay that I'm lying"...

Two things I hate, thieves and liars, you just can't let them in your house. Well I can only speak for myself... 

B/A

No its never good to mislead or lie. My question is where is the moral high ground when the left does the same....typically only crickets are making noise. Seems there is a definite bias towards Trump.....I just wish the Left & MSM would take the blinders off

• Upvote 3

"George W lied about weapons of mass destruction"....boy how soon many forget that BEFORE we invaded Iraq inspections were being performed BECAUSE Iraq had used deadly chemicals of mass destruction on its own people. Iraq was not compliant with agreed upon openness of said inspections. I know of people that returned from duty saying there were still stock piles of chemicals in Iraq.

• Upvote 2