Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Kapster stands her ground

bostonangler

Kaperoni

The CBI is now allowing consumers in Iraq to get cash back from point-of-sale transactions up to 2 million Iraqi dinar per day with a small fee. Now why would they do this if there was a RV or RI about to happen? They wouldn’t! There is no RV or RI. As I’ve said over and over and over again monetary policy just doesn’t work that way. Once the CBI accepts IMF Article VIII they will get off the peg and move to some kind of a float which will allow the dinar to gradually rise over time. The pace of that rise is yet to be determined. Could the Iraqi dinar ever rise to a dollar in value? Yes I believe it could but it’ll take time. The process to raise the value will be based on sound monetary policy not some overnight event

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

BA, you have to wonder who knows anything. Kap is insistent that this thing will float and all the other gurus think it is a big time RV. I guess time will tell. One day the news has us sky high and the next we get shot down. Doesn't matter,  I here for the long haul.

I hear that... Float, RV, I don't care either way there is value here and I'm ready for the next step...

B/A

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Float, RV, I don't care either way there is value here and I'm ready for the next step.

I think it will be both, IMHO.  Kap is insistent that it will float from where it is at 1190. And he states that is the 'real' current value. I say BS. Look at all the other ME countries, who DON'T have the oil and assets Iraq has. Their 'real' value is substantially higher. In my opinion, I think Iraq can:

State a value anywhere from 10 cents to $1.18 or so (so, an RV in my mind). It will need to get in the +$1 USD range or greater quick,  or they will never get citizens to use IQD. At that point link it to the basket of currencies the IMF has designated, get the economy going and let the value 'float' from there. Now before the Gulf Wars, 1 IQD = $3.22 USD. Today, they have substantially increased their oil production at a higher $$ per barrel.

For example today June 15th, 1 Jordanian Dinar = $1.40 USD. 1 Kuwait Dinar = $3.30 USD. 1 Saudi Riyal = $.26 USCents. Now how can a small country like Jordan be worth more than what Iraq has to offer?? But I'm no economist and this is just an average working guy trying to make sense of what is coming down the road (soon. LOL).

Have a great weekend DV, as we ponder what is about to happen. :twothumbs:

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 12

3 hours ago, ReVbo said:

Kaperoni is a dude

Who Goes By The Name Of Katie And Offers Guys Lap Dances ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

av-44635.jpg

katie45katie45B B 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Haha 3

Thanks...I'm goin with KB...The international communities are not going to let Iraq enter the WTO with a sanctioned rate...The idiots that believes that we need to start a list and when it hits...zero in on them as they're the easy pickings...There's a reason for coming out of one chapter into another...There's a reason the international community has a Chapter 8 with regulations in it...Believe it or not...Iraq belongs to a group called OPEC...Iraq has established a multifacet economy in just oil...called natural gas...It has been added to their export resources...Guess who the number 1 exporter of natural gas is...and they haven't even completed half of the construction that will increase that production...Yea...keep spewing your BS....

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

BA - Just seen this over in the other threat posted by Mr Unlikely-  its one of those things that make you go Hmm

https://www.bti-project.org/en/home/

8 | Currency and Price Stability

The government’s monetary policy since 2003 has focused on maintaining price stability and exchange rate predictability. The inflation has remained in the low since 2010. According to the CBI, the inflation rate is 1.4% (2015 estimates), while the World Bank estimates 2015 at -1.2%, and the country’s international reserve volume also has decreased due to the sharp decline in oil prices. The independence of the CBI suffered a setback in January 2011 when former Prime Minister al-Maliki won a court ruling that placed independent institutions, including the CBI, under the control of the cabinet. In January 2012, the CBI raised the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to $1.19, causing a huge crisis that led the Supreme Judicial Council to issue an arrest warrant for CBI governor Sinan al-Shabibi in October 2012 on charges of corruption. Al-Shabibi received a seven-year prison sentence in absentia 2014, shortly before being acquitted of all charges. The difference between the official and parallel exchange increased from three percent in 2015 to nine percent in May 2016. The CBI introduced a number of policies to keep inflation low. The dinar remained widely stable and was worth $1.71 in early 2017. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks...I'm goin with KB...The international communities are not going to let Iraq enter the WTO with a sanctioned rate...The idiots that believes that we need to start a list and when it hits...zero in on them as they're the easy pickings...There's a reason for coming out of one chapter into another...There's a reason the international community has a Chapter 8 with regulations in it...Believe it or not...Iraq belongs to a group called OPEC...Iraq has established a multifacet economy in just oil...called natural gas...It has been added to their export resources...Guess who the number 1 exporter of natural gas is...and they haven't even completed half of the construction that will increase that production...Yea...keep spewing your BS....

Man you're killin it today :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, js214 said:

BA - Just seen this over in the other threat posted by Mr Unlikely-  its one of those things that make you go Hmm

https://www.bti-project.org/en/home/

8 | Currency and Price Stability

The government’s monetary policy since 2003 has focused on maintaining price stability and exchange rate predictability. The inflation has remained in the low since 2010. According to the CBI, the inflation rate is 1.4% (2015 estimates), while the World Bank estimates 2015 at -1.2%, and the country’s international reserve volume also has decreased due to the sharp decline in oil prices. The independence of the CBI suffered a setback in January 2011 when former Prime Minister al-Maliki won a court ruling that placed independent institutions, including the CBI, under the control of the cabinet. In January 2012, the CBI raised the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to $1.19, causing a huge crisis that led the Supreme Judicial Council to issue an arrest warrant for CBI governor Sinan al-Shabibi in October 2012 on charges of corruption. Al-Shabibi received a seven-year prison sentence in absentia 2014, shortly before being acquitted of all charges. The difference between the official and parallel exchange increased from three percent in 2015 to nine percent in May 2016. The CBI introduced a number of policies to keep inflation low. The dinar remained widely stable and was worth $1.71 in early 2017. 

I did see that and wish there was a way to get that $1.17... 

B/A

• Upvote 2

Well the Actual truth be told.... Iraq was supposed to start the float back in 2011. Now, because they are SO FAR behind on the value of the dinar  they will have to RV their currency just play catch up with where they are really supposed to be!

I can BS with the best of them!!!! 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

Well the Actual truth be told.... Iraq was supposed to start the float back in 2011. Now, because they are SO FAR behind on the value of the dinar  they will have to RV their currency just play catch up with where they are really supposed to be!

I can BS with the best of them!!!! 😂

I believe they've already done cut it loose and are trying to cover it..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Folks, also remember back in 2011-12 I think, the SIGIR (Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction) reported, in writing, to the US Congress that their plan all along was for the IQD to come out at a rate near $1.17. Then the Iraq Minister of Finance reported, again in writing on their website, almost the same 'expectation' about one year later. I know someone on DV has those links, if you care to share them. Then O-bomb-a pulled military out, Maliki rob the country, ISIS invaded and took over 1/3 of the country which all set things back another 4 1/2  years. So...a strong currency is hovering in the background, waiting to reappear. Keep the faith. IMHO. 

:twothumbs:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, mr.unlikely said:

BertelsmannSiftung is a world class research company. I highly recommend checking out the website at the link I provided in the news section. They are legit.

Thanks for sharing that. Great analysis. I'm confused by the reporting of the IQD value in 2012 at $1.19, and then later in 2017 going to $1.71, being stated in US dollars. I must have slept through that. :o

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1