Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Some Delta for you

bostonangler

13 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Guys, this is all wonderful and terrific, and I hope with all my heart it turns out that way, but no one has mentioned "deleting the zeros".  At what point does that happen?

Floridian, I'll take a shot at it if you don't mind. The "Deleting the Zeros" is the "Project" that the CBI keeps referring to when it talks about a suitable environment. Now the big question to us is, what is this suitable environment. Is it after the new GOI has been seated, is it after the ratification of the new parliament, is it after or before the new tariffs start in Aug?

My guess is when the new GOI is formed but before the Aug. tariffs begin, also the new LD's will be introduced...all this JMO of course.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

At first they would come out 1 to 1 (1.2 or whatever you want to vall it) which deletes the 3 zeros and it would go up from there. Reinstatement or RV then a float.

I don't think I'm understanding what you wrote Rmc10, because it looks like you're saying the same thing I said.

If $1.20 deletes the zeros, a million dinars gets us $1,200.

Also, everyone in Iraq who has their money in the mattress, suddenly becomes very wealthy.

3 minutes ago, DoD said:

Floridian, I'll take a shot at it if you don't mind. The "Deleting the Zeros" is the "Project" that the CBI keeps referring to when it talks about a suitable environment. Now the big question to us is, what is this suitable environment. Is it after the new GOI has been seated, is it after the ratification of the new parliament, is it after or before the new tariffs start in Aug?

My guess is when the new GOI is formed but before the Aug. tariffs begin, also the new LD's will be introduced...all this JMO of course.

Good thinking DoD,  BUT remember when they said the 2 currencies will exist side by side until the old currency wears out?  Wouldn't it be confusing for the "man on the street" to have lower denoms AND 000 notes?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

Come on dude you're raining on my parade... And my new boat... And my vacation home in the islands... And so on and so on and so!!!

B/A

I know.  I'm sorry.  

I'm raining on my own parade too, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I think lots of people are going to be disappointed in what we get because everyone's expectations are so high.

I sincerely think we will all do very well.  We will have much more money than we had before, but not the gazillions, with mansions and yachts, that people are dreaming about.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I know.  I'm sorry.  

I'm raining on my own parade too, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I think lots of people are going to be disappointed in what we get because everyone's expectations are so high.

I sincerely think we will all do very well.  We will have much more money than we had before, but not the gazillions, with mansions and yachts, that people are dreaming about.

I think there is some truth to your post... Many think it goes 1 to 1 or higher... Adam says .10 cents... That may be more realistic. But where else could you take your money and see that type of return??? No 401K is going to do that... I hope people are only using their Vegas money for this and not money they can't afford to lose... This is really a roll of the dice... JMHO

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Nope... A 25 note would be 25 Dinar... A 25,000 note would be 25,000 Dinar... It might be a dream but it's not confusing.

B/A

Okay, let's think of it this way - As you said, a 25 note would be 25 dinar.  Is that worth (let's say) $25?

Then 25,000 dinar is worth $25,000 and every Iraqi is wealthy?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Floridian said:

Okay, let's think of it this way - As you said, a 25 note would be 25 dinar.  Is that worth (let's say) $25?

Then 25,000 dinar is worth $25,000 and every Iraqi is wealthy?

I don't see every Iraqi having tons of bills stuffed under their beds... They are using their little incomes daily to survive just like us... Some may have some savings, but a lot of working people are doing what we are doing... Living day to day... How many Americans have zero savings??? According to experts far too many.. JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

That's also why some people think 1 to 1 is deleting 3 zeros...  Right now 25,000 dinar note is worth in between $20 to $25. Deleting the zeros would put 3 zeroes on the end of the $25 to make it $25,000. That's my take on what deleting 3 zeros is but noone but the CBI knows for sure.

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 2

Just now, navira said:

Floridian is talking lop then increase in value to 3 dollars per dinar. Iraq meant of deletion is getting all these 3 zeroes out of circulation...n introduce the lower denoms with purchasing power

NO NO NO!  NO LOP!

PLEASE DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

I think there is some truth to your post... Many think it goes 1 to 1 or higher... Adam says .10 cents... That may be more realistic. But where else could you take your money and see that type of return??? No 401K is going to do that... I hope people are only using their Vegas money for this and not money they can't afford to lose... This is really a roll of the dice... JMHO

B/A

Thank you, BostonAngler.

Adam says .10 cents, and I think Adam is right.  But it's not going to be the way everyone thinks of .10 cents.

It took me a long time to figure it out and I am, by no means, saying I'm right.  But this is what makes sense to me:

When they are ready:

1,000,000 dinar, delete 1 zero = 100,000 dinar worth $1.00 each ($100,000) 

($1.00 each or thereabouts.  I'm saying $1.00 for easy calculations.)

The following year (year 1):

100,000 dinar, delete 2nd zero = 10,000 dinar worth $1.00 each ($10,000)

The year after that (year 2):

10,000 dinar, delete 3rd zero = 1,000 dinar worth $1.00 each ($1,000)

They said it would take 2 years to delete the zeros.

So, in my estimation, every million dinar will get us $100,000.  (Better exchange your currency in the first year.)

This is a FANTASTIC return, although not the millions we were hoping for.

I would like some intelligent discussion on this, if possible.

In no way am I saying it's going down this way.  All I'm saying is this is my conclusion after years of mulling it over.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Guys, this is all wonderful and terrific, and I hope with all my heart it turns out that way, but no one has mentioned "deleting the zeros".  At what point does that happen?

Read the article Is it time to delete three zeros. It was stated in the last paragraph that the timing will be after the elections to delete the zeros.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, IQD=freedom said:

Read the article Is it time to delete three zeros. It was stated in the last paragraph that the timing will be after the elections to delete the zeros.

Yes, I believe that they will start and it will be a 2 year process to delete the zeros, as they have said in the past.

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Floridian said:

NO NO NO!  NO LOP!

PLEASE DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Lol... tjat's pretty much what that would be though. Lol. That cracks me up. 😂 What Navira is telling you is also how it was explained to me as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

No, you have been here for 8 years and I see you STILL asking the same questions.  You never seem to be sure AT ALL in this thing.  Not only here but you did the same thing at don't promote other sites too.  It is just amazing to me that you have asked everyone about this and yet...you are never satisfied.  You jump from guru to guru and always seem so unsure of yourself.

OMG!  Really!

How ridiculous!

No intelligent conversation from you, if you disagree with someone.

And what GURU are you talking about?

The other site I used to be on is Kaperoni's, but I'm no longer going there because I think he's wrong about the dinar floating from where it is now, but at least his conversation is for the most part intelligent, even though he has different ideas.

I don't go from Guru to Guru.

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Didn't you read my long post above?  No LOP.

If you delete the zeros from the actual currency  making the 25,000 dinar worth the same as a 25 dinar note Then increasing the value to $3 would still be a lop first if that was to happen. Just explaining. You know I love ya Flo. 😊

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Some Delta for you