Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump to leave summit early _ after meeting with Kim

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea no longer poses a nuclear threat, nor is it the "biggest and most dangerous problem" for the United States, President Donald Trump said on Wednesday on his return from a summit in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The summit was the first between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader and followed a flurry of North Korean nuclear and missile tests and angry exchanges between Trump and Kim last year that fueled fears of war.

"Everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office," Trump said on Twitter.

"There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!"

On Tuesday, Trump told a news conference after the summit that he would like to lift sanctions against the North but that this would not happen immediately.

North Korean state media lauded the summit as a resounding success, saying Trump expressed his intention to halt U.S.-South Korea military exercises, offer security guarantees to the North and lift sanctions against it as relations improve.

Kim and Trump invited each other to their respective countries and both leaders "gladly accepted," the North's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said.

"Kim Jong Un and Trump had the shared recognition to the effect that it is important to abide by the principle of step-by-step and simultaneous action in achieving peace, stability and denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," KCNA said.

Trump said the United States would stop military exercises with South Korea while North Korea negotiated on denuclearization.

"We save a fortune by not doing war games, as long as we are negotiating in good faith - which both sides are!" he said on Twitter.

U.S. Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said Trump's reasoning for halting the exercises was "ridiculous".

"It's not a burden onto the American taxpayer to have a forward deployed force in South Korea," Graham told CNN.

"It brings stability. It's a warning to China that you can't just take over the whole region. So I reject that analysis that it costs too much, but I do accept the proposition, let's stand down (on military exercises) and see if we can find a better way here."

Speaking in Beijing, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said he hoped all parties could "grasp the moment of positive changes" on the peninsula to take constructive steps toward a political resolution and promoting denuclearization.

"At this time, everyone had seen that North Korea has halted missile and nuclear tests, and the United States and South Korea have to an extent restricted their military actions. This has de facto realized China's dual suspension proposal," he told a daily news briefing.

"When it comes to Trump's statement yesterday that he would halt South Korea and the United States' military drills, I can only say that China's proposal is indeed practical and reasonable, is in line with all sides' interests and can resolve all sides' concerns."

China, North Korea's main ally, last year proposed what it calls a "dual suspension", whereby North Korea suspend nuclear and missile tests, and South Korea and the United States suspend military drills.

U.S.-North Korea relations: https://tmsnrt.rs/2l2UwW7

SURPRISE

There was some confusion over precisely what military cooperation with South Korea Trump had promised to halt.

The U.S.-South Korean exercise calendar hits a high point every year with the Foal Eagle and Max Thunder drills, which both wrapped up last month. Another major exercise is due in August.

The United States maintains about 28,500 soldiers in South Korea, which remains in a technical state of war with the North after the 1950-53 Korean War ended in a truce not a peace treaty.

Trump's announcement on the exercises was a surprise even to South Korea's President Moon Jae-in, who has worked in recent months to help bring about the Trump-Kim summit.

Asked about Trump's comments, South Korean presidential spokesman Kim Eui-kyeom told reporters there was a need to seek measures that would help improve engagement with North Korea but it was also necessary to confirm exactly what Trump had meant.

Moon will be chairing a national security meeting on Thursday to discuss the summit.

Trump's administration had previously ruled out any concessions or lifting of sanctions without North Korea's commitment to complete, verifiable and irreversible steps to scrap a nuclear arsenal that is advanced enough to threaten the United States.

But a joint statement issued after the summit said only that North Korea "commits to work toward the complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula".

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is to lead the U.s. side in talks with North Korea to implement outcomes of the summit, arrived in South Korea on Wednesday, to be greeted by General Vincent Brooks, the top U.S. commander in South Korea, and U.S. Charge d'Affaires Marc Knapper.

Pompeo had a meeting with Brooks before heading to Seoul, according to a pool report. He is set to meet Moon on Thursday and hold a three-way meeting with Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha and Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono.

On Tuesday, just after Trump's surprise announcement, a spokesman for U.S. Forces Korea said they had not received any instruction to cease joint military drills.

Although the Pentagon said Defence Secretary Jim Mattis was consulted, current and former U.S. defense officials expressed concern at the possibility the United States would halt the exercises without an explicit concession from North Korea lowering the threat.

CRITICS IN THE UNITED STATES

Critics in the United States said Trump had given away too much at a meeting that gave Kim long-sought international standing.

The North Korean leader had been isolated, his country accused of widespread human rights abuses and under U.N. sanctions for its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

"For North Korea, they got exactly what they wanted," said Moon Seong-mook, a former South Korean military official current head of the Unification Strategy Centre in Seoul.

"They had a summit as a nuclear state with Kim on equal turf with Trump, got the United States to halt joint military exercises with South Korea. It's a win for Kim Jong Un."

Japan's Minister of Defence Itsunori Onodera said that, while North Korea had pledged denuclearization, no concrete steps had been taken and Japan would not let down its guard.

"We see U.S.-South Korean joint exercises and the U.S. military presence in South Korea as vital to security in East Asia," Onodera told reporters. "It is up to the U.S. and South Korea to decide about their joint exercises. We have no intention of changing our joint drills with the U.S."

Japan would only start shouldering the costs of North Korea's denuclearization after the International Atomic Energy Agency restarts inspections, Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told reporters.

The Singapore summit did not get top billing in the main state news outlets in China.

The English-language China Daily said in an editorial that while it remained to be seen if the summit would be a defining moment, the fact it went smoothly was positive.

"It has ignited hopes that they will be finally able to put an end to their hostility and that the long-standing peninsula issues can finally be resolved. These hopes should not be extinguished," it said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-frames-summit-win-trump-halts-war-034516097.html

B/A

• Thanks 2

I have to say ths NOKO event sure has been interesting.  The MSM and the left have missed it all completely once again....

My favorite quote from Trump was......"this proves that things don't have to be the way they have always been..........change is possible"..........

The talking heads were saying he was unprepared......that you had to have at least a year of high level meetings to put something together......BS

You need the will and the desire to do so from 2 countries, and 2 leaders, willing to take a chance.....

Trump learned of that desire NOKO and KIM had from Dennis Rodman........

yes....he played a role in getting this started.........

This all has been in the works since Trump took office.......and prior to The "Summit".....Trump and Kim had talked on the phone numerous times.......Trump knew the outcome before he arrived...

And I'll state again........a good first step...........let's see where it goes.....

But why wouldn't Kim want to switch things up....he is Swiss educated and has seen the life style difference in the west.....with the US as an ally, SK has prospered....NOKO with the only ally being China is dismaul.......why follow that path.....why not become the next SK......or Japan, or Germany.......all former waring nations to the US, that lost.....and the US help build up......

Trump seems to be one step ahead of the Press and the left most of the time.  With his crazy tweeting and terse comments they are never sure where he's going.......perhaps its all by design.....after all.....

......"this proves that things don't have to be the way they have always been"......and that's how Trump got elected......

CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

why follow that path.....why not become the next SK......or Japan, or Germany

The only reason I could see, is if his country became democratic, he would lose his all-encompassing power. There is no doubt the people of North Korea live a miserable existence, but he has anything he wants... He is the God of his country, that might be a tough thing to let go of, but at least they are talking and that opens the door for improvement. JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 4

Hey, starting at around 9:30 a panelist said, "That was so wrong, Juan, I did not call Warmbier a Lemming You Moron".

:o       :o       :o

Then, starting at around 11:57 the same panelist said, "Alright, You are such a Baby, Juan, about this".

And right on Live Prime Time TV!!!

And then at the end starting at around 13:10, the very same panelist said, "Alright, guys, we are going to do another blog on this, believe it or not - if we're still here".

Stay Tuned!!!

My mental model has favored a unified Korean Peninsula in the past. Douglas MacArthur promoted that. And then Harry S. Truman derailed that.

From the not too distant past, East and West Germany were united. Although not the political administration outcome sought by the Vietnam War, North and South Vietnam were united.

So, long term, I wonder what is going to happen with Kim and his successors. After WWII, Hirohito helped the Japanese transition from seeing him as a god to more of a democracy. I am hoping Kim does the same and the political administration of South Korea can provide an amicable solution to the transition of power from Kim.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Hey, starting at around 9:30 a panelist said, "That was so wrong, Juan, I did not call Warmbier a Lemming You Moron".

Then, starting at around 11:57 the same panelist said, "Alright, You are such a Baby, Juan, about this".

And then at the end starting at around 13:10, the very same panelist said, "Alright, guys, we are going to do another blog on this, believe it or not - if we're still here".

Stay Tuned!!!

There is no love lost between Greg and Juan, for sure.  Juan is the lone liberal on the panel, and i don't think he ever gets to finish a sentence before being interrupted.  He's a good guy but is a patsy - probably the way Fox wants it.  Still The Five is one of my favorite shows.

Edited by Shedagal
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Stay Tuned!!!

I watched that yesterday... it was a great exchange...classic...loved it when Greg called a Juan a Moron!!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Shedagal said:

There is no love lost between Greg and Juan, for sure.  Juan is the lone liberal on the panel, and i don't think he ever gets to finish a sentence before being interrupted.  He's a good guy but is a patsy - probably the way Fox wants it.  Still The Five is one of my favorite shows.

I am surprised to see a guy like Juan in that venue. He is just not a good fit. What is amazing is the confusion Juan displays in having Words match Reason. He just doesn't seem to have Reason and Common Sense which is a fairly common theme across the board for all Liberals. The Liberals with portrayed nous are nefarious and undermine Decency and Dignity for all people and people groups. Most people can see through this since they adequately perceive the dire personal consequences for themselves and choose otherwise. It would seem rude for Juan's input to be interrupted. Honestly, I think the other panelists are saving Juan from displaying his intellectual inadequacies more than he already is. Patience, however, can wear thin for anyone as the panelists have shown. I may be soft here but for Fox to have a token Liberal to get consistently usurped by Reason and Common Sense is just not fun to watch. Albeit necessary but not necessarily fun. There is a better life for Juan and all Liberals. I just wish they could see and act on it. People are not going to let themselves get run over by entitlement Liberals of any sort whereas these very same Liberals could have a real and satisfying life of their own - and meaningful conversations with others - even Juan.

5 hours ago, CSM (R) Thackrey said:

I watched that yesterday... it was a great exchange...classic...loved it when Greg called a Juan a Moron!!

I was hoping Juan would ponder things for a better showing but apparently not.....................

From Google:

mo·ron
ˈmôrˌän/
noun
informal

1. a stupid person.
    synonyms: fool, idiot, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod; 
    informalnitwit, halfwit, dope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dingbat, dipstick, goober,
    coot, goon, dumbo, dummy, ditz, dumdum, fathead, numbskull, dunderhead, thickhead, airhead,
    flake, lamer, lamebrain, zombie, nerd, peabrain, birdbrain, scissorbill, jughead, mouth-breather, jerk, donkey, twit, goat, dork, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, turkey, schlep, chowderhead,
    dumbhead, goofball, goof, goofus, galoot, lummox, knuckle-dragger, klutz, putz, schlemiel, sap,
    meatball, dumb cluck, mook
    "what moron left ice cream on the stove?"

Here is one of the words Juan failed to grasp in the "exchange" from his Liberal perspective also from Google:

lem·ming
ˈlemiNG/
noun

1. a small, short-tailed, thickset rodent related to the voles, found in the Arctic tundra.
    • a person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, especially a headlong rush to destruction.
      "the flailings of the lemmings on Wall Street"

Yep, all Classic Liberal display - mass movement, especially a headlong rush to destruction - and all!!!

I wonder if all these Liberal spinning heads pundits get hazard pay for reconstructive neck and brain surgery for their open displays when President Donald J. Trump actually performs as a True Patriot of The United States Of America on a perpetual basis. Seems like they would figure out what they are saying just isn't working or hiding the positive outcomes and avoid such displays.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And there it is... Who didn't think Ol' Kim would go home and tell his people he got what he wanted? This is playing out well for him and his grip on power.

North Korean media claims Donald Trump has agreed to lift sanctions following historic summit

6ea988269559a5d9d1410cc1a129a0cd North Korea claims Donald Trump has lifted sanctions against them (PA)

Donald Trump has agreed to lift sanctions on North Korea following their historic summit, according to the country’s state media.

Following the meeting between the President and Kim Jong-un in Singapore on Tuesday, the state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) was quick to highlight successes.

Dubbing it the start of a new relationship between their countries, which are still technically at war, Pyongyang’s first reports stressed to the North Korean people that Trump agreed to Kim’s demand to halt joint military exercises with South Korea, as long as talks towards easing tensions continue, and suggested that the President also said he would lift sanctions as negotiations progressed.

b74b6519fbaef657098d9f0ddd565fc2 Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump have been basking in the glow of their historic meeting (PA) 3507273ba3e1f520e8171f39ade1587c The White House has so far not commented on the claims that sanctions have been lifted (PA)

The agency stated: ‘President Trump appreciated that an atmosphere of peace and stability was created on the Korean peninsula and in the region, although distressed with the extreme danger of armed clash only a few months ago, thanks to the proactive peace-loving measures taken by the respected Supreme Leader from the outset of this year.’

KCNA said Trump expressed his intention to lift sanctions ‘over a period of good-will dialogue’ between the two countries.

However, the White House has so far not commented on the claims made by North Korea and Trump himself did not guarantee sanctions would be lifted when asked by reporters.

• Upvote 2

THE BIG IDEA: President Trump expressed a bewilderingly high degree of confidence after meeting with Kim Jong Un that the North Korean leader is personally committed to giving up the nuclear weapons that ensure his grip on power.

“I think he might want to do this as much or maybe even more than me,” the president said during a 65-minute news conference on Tuesday, after spending four hours with Kim in Singapore.

“My whole life has been deals,” he added later. “I know when somebody wants a deal. … I just feel very strongly — my instinct … — they want to make a deal.”

Eager to cement what he’s calling “a very special bond” with Kim, Trump is giving someone the benefit of the doubt who has done little or nothing to earn it.

“I do trust him, yeah,” the president told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos in an interview that aired on “Good Morning America.” “He really wants to do a great job for North Korea. He's de-nuking the whole place, and I think he's going to start very quickly. He really wants to do something I think terrific for their country.”

Trump’s certitude about Kim’s intentions was reminiscent of when George W. Bush proclaimed early in his presidency that he peered into Vladimir Putin’s eyes, saw his soul and concluded that the Russian leader was trustworthy.

“This is complete denuclearization,” Trump insisted. “I really believe that it’s going to go quickly. I really believe it’s going to go fast. … We will do it as fast as it can mechanically and physically be done.”

When a reporter at the news conference asked how he’ll ensure Kim follows through, Trump was dismissive: “Can you ensure anything? Can I ensure you are going to be able to sit down properly when you sit down?”

That’s a far cry from Ronald Reagan’s mantra during arms control talks with the Soviets: “Trust but verify.”

1:20

Trump and Kim say goodbye at end of summit

Kim Jong Un and President Trump shook hands at the end of their meeting in Singapore on June 12. Trump said Kim was "negotiating on behalf of his people." (The Washington Post)

-- Instead, Trump attacked with relish the three men who preceded him as commander in chief for their failure to do what he just had.

The president said Kim, without prompting, brought up North Korea’s repeated failures to live up to deals with the United States. “He wants to get it done,” Trump told his friend Sean Hannity on Fox News. “You know, you hear the whole thing about his father and other administrations or his grandfather. The fact is, and he brings that up, they weren’t dealing with me! They were dealing with different people. … I talked about (how) we have to de-nuke — his country has to be de-nuked — and he understood that. He fully understood that. He didn’t fight it.”

During the news conference, on foreign soil, he called out Barack Obama and Bill Clinton by name. “In one case, they took billions of dollars during the Clinton regime … and nothing happened. And that was a terrible thing. And he actually brought it up to me,” Trump said. “This is a much different time, and this is a much different president.”

Asked again why this time is different, Trump said that “maybe it wasn’t a priority” for the previous presidents to bring peace to the peninsula. (They’d all very strongly disagree.) “I don’t think they honestly could have done it if it was a priority,” he said. “I’m not just blaming President Obama. This goes back for 25 years.”

Trump does nothing to conceal his belief that he’s smarter, tougher and a better negotiator than his predecessors. The same person who declared “I alone can fix it” when accepting the Republican nomination for president in 2016 believes that he alone could make a deal with Kim.

Showing his high regard for himself, Trump noting during his news conference that he will remember everything that transpired during his conversations with Kim. “I don’t have to verify because I have one of the great memories of all time,” he said.

0:42

Trump: ‘Without Otto this would not have happened’

President Trump said the death of Otto Warmbier “had a lot to do” with the formation of his meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on June 12. (The Washington Post)

-- Trump, who turns 72 this week, seemed quite taken with Kim. He really turned on the charm jets during their photo ops. He said it was “a great honor” to be with the 34-year-old, whom he repeatedly referred to as “Mr. Chairman.”

“We will have a terrific relationship, I have no doubt,” Trump said of the ruthless totalitarian leader, who has murdered multiple members of his family.  

The president noted during his news conference that Kim took over from his father at 26 years old and was able to maintain control of the regime. “Well, he is very talented,” Trump said. “You could take one out of 10,000, and they probably couldn’t do it.”

Asked about human rights, the president said he briefly broached the subject: “It was discussed relatively briefly compared to denuclearization. … I think he wants to do things … He wants to do the right thing.”

Trump added that University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier, who was arrested while visiting the country and died last year just days after release from a North Korean prison, “did not die in vain.”

“I think without Otto this would not have happened,” he said. “It was a terrible thing, it was brutal, but a lot of people started to focus on what was going on.”

“Absolutely, I will,” Trump said when asked if he’ll invite Kim to the White House. The president added that he “will” visit Pyongyang “at the appropriate time.”

1:18

Trump announces the U.S. will end its ‘war games’ with South Korea

President Trump said the U.S. will end its "war games" with South Korea after the historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on June 12. (The Washington Post)

-- Trump referred to the communique that the two leaders signed at the end of their time together as “very comprehensive,” but it is not.

During the news conference, Trump said he will order an end to regular “war games” that the United States conducts with South Korea. But he downplayed ending the joint military exercises as a minor concession, describing them as “very provocative” and “inappropriate.”

“They’re tremendously expensive,” he said of the training exercises. “We fly in bombers from Guam. … (That’s) six and a half hours … I know a lot about airplanes. It’s very expensive. And I didn’t like it.”

Trump also floated that the United States might eventually withdraw troops from South Korea. “I want to get our soldiers out,” he said. “I want to bring our soldiers back home. Right now, we have 32,000 soldiers in South Korea … That’s not part of the equation right now.”

Asked what consequences North Korea will face if Kim never follows through on his commitments, Trump demurred. “I don’t want to be threatening,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2018/06/12/daily-202-in-kim-he-trusts-trump-sounds-naive-after-meeting-north-korea-s-leader/5b1f1bbf30fb04775d8813c9/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b7a505710808

Wow, this is great insight to his thinking...

B/A

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

I am surprised to see a guy like Juan in that venue. He is just not a good fit. What is amazing is the confusion Juan displays in having Words match Reason. He just doesn't seem to have Reason and Common Sense which is a fairly common theme across the board for all Liberals. The Liberals with portrayed nous are nefarious and undermine Decency and Dignity for all people and people groups. Most people can see through this since they adequately perceive the dire personal consequences for themselves and choose otherwise. It would seem rude for Juan's input to be interrupted. Honestly, I think the other panelists are saving Juan from displaying his intellectual inadequacies more than he already is. Patience, however, can wear thin for anyone as the panelists have shown. I may be soft here but for Fox to have a token Liberal to get consistently usurped by Reason and Common Sense is just not fun to watch. Albeit necessary but not necessarily fun. There is a better life for Juan and all Liberals. I just wish they could see and act on it. People are not going to let themselves get run over by entitlement Liberals of any sort whereas these very same Liberals could have a real and satisfying life of their own - and meaningful conversations with others - even Juan.

I was hoping Juan would ponder things for a better showing but apparently not.....................

From Google:

mo·ron
ˈmôrˌän/
noun
informal

1. a stupid person.
    synonyms: fool, idiot, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod; 
    informalnitwit, halfwit, dope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dingbat, dipstick, goober,
    coot, goon, dumbo, dummy, ditz, dumdum, fathead, numbskull, dunderhead, thickhead, airhead,
    flake, lamer, lamebrain, zombie, nerd, peabrain, birdbrain, scissorbill, jughead, mouth-breather, jerk, donkey, twit, goat, dork, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, turkey, schlep, chowderhead,
    dumbhead, goofball, goof, goofus, galoot, lummox, knuckle-dragger, klutz, putz, schlemiel, sap,
    meatball, dumb cluck, mook
    "what moron left ice cream on the stove?"

Here is one of the words Juan failed to grasp in the "exchange" from his Liberal perspective also from Google:

lem·ming
ˈlemiNG/
noun

1. a small, short-tailed, thickset rodent related to the voles, found in the Arctic tundra.
    • a person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, especially a headlong rush to destruction.
      "the flailings of the lemmings on Wall Street"

Yep, all Classic Liberal display - mass movement, especially a headlong rush to destruction - and all!!!

I wonder if all these Liberal spinning heads pundits get hazard pay for reconstructive neck and brain surgery for their open displays when President Donald J. Trump actually performs as a True Patriot of The United States Of America on a perpetual basis. Seems like they would figure out what they are saying just isn't working or hiding the positive outcomes and avoid such displays.

I agree that Juan is not right for this.  I enjoy Geraldo and the gal who used to be a spokesperson for the State Dept. They get interrupted, too, but they get their points across.

• Upvote 1

BA, I watched what the N Koreans announced on their state TV and the article you provided states it as well "and suggested that the President also said he would lift sanctions as negotiations progressed." No where did they state that Trump lifted sanctions.

Edited by Enigma2a
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Enigma2a said:

BA, I watched what the N Koreans announced on their state TV and the article you provided states it as well "and suggested that the President also said he would lift sanctions as negotiations progressed." No where did they state that Trump lifted sanctions.

Agreed! This is how I interpreted Trump's statements on sanctions. In fact, he clarified it by saying that sanctions would stay in place but could be lifted shortly in the future depending upon how future negotiations progressed.

Indy

Edited by Indraman
  • Upvote 3

On 6/13/2018 at 5:07 PM, Shedagal said:

I agree that Juan is not right for this.  I enjoy Geraldo and the gal who used to be a spokesperson for the State Dept. They get interrupted, too, but they get their points across.

Perhaps B/A is attempting to be the "Juan" of DV..........wonder is he/she has a blue couch???

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Perhaps B/A is attempting to be the "Juan" of DV..........wonder is he/she has a blue couch???

:lmao:       :lmao:       :lmao:

Your surpassingly stolid intellect, CoorsLite21, is somewhat giving way to an exceptionally witty comedian bent!!! :tiphat:

Good Show My Good Man!!! :twothumbs:

Always a joy and pleasure to witness Your Contributions, CoorsLite21!!! :backflip:

Happy Father's Day Weekend!!! :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The arrest of a North Korean leader

6/9/2018 11:55:00 AM .395 Number of readings

8962018_7962018_4221396001_5730478276001

Khandan -

An Australian comedian who is similar to North Korea's leader said the Singapore authorities arrested him as soon as he arrived in the country, where he was subjected to lengthy investigation. 

Howard X, a comedian who resembles North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, said he had been questioned for two and a half hours, according to the Daily Mail. 

The Australian visitor was also asked whether he had participated in political demonstrations in other countries. 

Singapore is in a heightened security alert in preparation for a historic summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. 

The Singapore authorities have asked Howard X to stay away from the Shangri-La Hotel and Sentosa Island, two places that will host the historic summit between the leaders of the United States and North Korea.

• Upvote 1