Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayers for Patty Angel's Family

tankdude

I got a text this morning from Patty Angel, and I would like everyone to remember her and her family in their prayers.  Her loving mother lost her battle with Alzheimer's disease this morning and has gone Home to be with her Father.  Grant her eternal rest, O Lord. Let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 

Heavenly Father,  we ask that you reach out to our sister Patty and her family. Give them comfort and serenity in this time of grieving.  We ask this through your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Thanks DT for letting her DV family know -

PattiAngel:  Psalm 34:18a TLB "The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking." Prayers for you and your family and know that she is in the arms of a loving God - healthy and whole again, as He always intended. Amen.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Tankdude you hold a special place in my heart, again thank for doing this for me.  

Sorry been busy with adjusting to all that has been going on these past 3 years.  Losing a brother-ln-law, a sweet brother, my father and now my mother, it all seems so unreal, but in reality very real.  The heartache of losing my mother did take a toll on me, maybe cause I really didn't get to grieve all the others before, along with needed rest.  

When my Dad passed away, (it will be 3 years this August), I had too, along with my other siblings jump in and care for my mother who at the time was already traveling the road with Dementia. It's a very sad illness to witness, to care for a love one that eventually loses their memory of their lives and all who are close to them.  We became her caregivers, someone she trusted to be around her.  She no longer saw us as her daughters or sons, she no longer could tell us our names, we were treated like visitors, she hid her subtle changes as best she could, but I could see her decline in the illness,  one thing for sure, she never lost her love for her GOD. 

Don't get me wrong this illness brought a lot of good too, such as patience, compassion, playfulness, learning and listening at their pace, but most importantly taking care of yourself as a caregiver was vital.  I had to at one time step away from her care and get rest.  Know this for sure, this is a 24/7 roller coaster emotional journey if you are a caregiver to a love one.  My mother was the most bravest women I know, and her determination to be her! was victorious.  

Thank you all for all your kind words of strength and love! 

Patty

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

No words....Unfortunately I do know myself what it  means  to lose more than one Beloved....Undescribable and devastating...

A big brotherly hug....Wishing you  a lot of Strength, Inner Peace  and of course all the Best as you do deserve it, Patty

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

Patty, my condolences for your loses. You are correct it is a difficult journey when your parents become old and unable to care for themselves. Lost my Mom in Feb. Two strokes and in a nursing home. Two 88 yo in laws, one with prostate cancer (spreading) and the other, severe short term memory loss and severe COPD (20%lung capacity). Right now in an assisted living facility, but we have to take care of all their needs except what the facility does, which relieves some of our duties. Hope you can grieve and rest to get back your strength and resume as normal a life as possible. God Bless You!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pattyangel said:

Thank you Tankdude you hold a special place in my heart, again thank for doing this for me.  

Sorry been busy with adjusting to all that has been going on these past 3 years.  Losing a brother-ln-law, a sweet brother, my father and now my mother, it all seems so unreal, but in reality very real.  The heartache of losing my mother did take a toll on me, maybe cause I really didn't get to grieve all the others before, along with needed rest.  

When my Dad passed away, (it will be 3 years this August), I had too, along with my other siblings jump in and care for my mother who at the time was already traveling the road with Dementia. It's a very sad illness to witness, to care for a love one that eventually loses their memory of their lives and all who are close to them.  We became her caregivers, someone she trusted to be around her.  She no longer saw us as her daughters or sons, she no longer could tell us our names, we were treated like visitors, she hid her subtle changes as best she could, but I could see her decline in the illness,  one thing for sure, she never lost her love for her GOD. 

Don't get me wrong this illness brought a lot of good too, such as patience, compassion, playfulness, learning and listening at their pace, but most importantly taking care of yourself as a caregiver was vital.  I had to at one time step away from her care and get rest.  Know this for sure, this is a 24/7 roller coaster emotional journey if you are a caregiver to a love one.  My mother was the most bravest women I know, and her determination to be her! was victorious.  

Patty

:hug:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I lost my F-i-L 2 year ago and inherited my M-i-L who I think is going down that road also. 

My condolences to you. It is only our belief in our heavenly Father that our loved ones are in a better

place dancing and singing with Jesus and the angels.

Oh our are past pets. :angel:

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nstoolman1 said:

I lost my F-i-L 2 year ago and inherited my M-i-L who I think is going down that road also. 

My condolences to you. It is only our belief in our heavenly Father that our loved ones are in a better

place dancing and singing with Jesus and the angels.

Oh our are past pets. :angel:

You are so absolutely correct nstoolman1.  Best of all, she remembers each of us.  She knows our names and all the love we gave her as we cared for her. She knows, she knows US!!!....💖  

And yes you're correct again...our pets too!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/20/2018 at 12:46 PM, pattyangel said:

Patty

You are  an AWESOME woman Patty and a true human. I have kept you in my prayers and wish for you to know that I don't look up to many people.

But when I think of you, I am reminded of someone I wish to emulate. God Bless You My Dear Sister.

Scotty

• Upvote 1