Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 05/27/2018

yota691

Thank You, DWS112, AND The Best Of Your Memorial Day Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

Here is the link to the CBI website!!!

https://cbi.iq/

www.xe.com has been acting a little out of the norm, too! Late last week, there were some spikes up to 1,190. Check it out!!!

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1M

Since about February 12, 2018, the rate held steady around 1,185 and seems to be about as flatlined as it has ever been!

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1Y

My opinion is all the subsequent platforms will need to align to the CBI rate when the Iraqi Dinar goes international and I suspect they are being lined up now or have already been lined up.

When will the event occur? I dunno. I do believe there is a lot of pressure on the value of the Iraqi Dinar now that could strengthen the mode from the “closed economy” with the corrupt daily currency auctions to the “open economy” with the real time 24 hour IQD transactions internationally.

I am a fan of “SUDDENLY” at a most unpredictable time!!! :o

In The Mean Time..................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

From the other day....

Central sales of foreign currency increased to $ 141 million

Central sales of foreign currency increased to $ 141 million

Baghdad

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBE)'s foreign exchange sales rose to 146.27 million dollars on Monday, compared to 141.17 million dollars on Thursday, an increase of 5.1 million dollars.

The Central Bank suspended its work on Sunday, in line with the decision of the Iraqi Council of Ministers, as an official holiday in the country;

The Central Bank, in a statement received "Trend Press", the exchange rate amounted to 1190 dinars per dollar, in the auction held with the participation of 35 banks, and two financial transfer.

The bank said the sales were the result of an auction on Monday, showing total sales for the day was $ 181.67 million.

Amounts sold to boost bank balances abroad were $ 144.77 million, while cash sales were estimated at $ 1.5 million.

The Central Bank said in a statement that the sale of the amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad is at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price.

AK

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

My opinion is all the subsequent platforms will need to align to the CBI rate when the Iraqi Dinar goes international and I suspect they are being lined up now or have already been lined up.

There are ready. GO RV!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

Yota,

I check the CBI site every day.   It has never changed from 1184, except for today when it shows 1190.   Maybe they have decided to show the real rate every day from now on. I hope so. 

Thank you Floridian. I'm interested. I appreciate and am curious as well in this change. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

Yota,

I check the CBI site every day.   It has never changed from 1184, except for today when it shows 1190.   Maybe they have decided to show the real rate every day from now on. I hope so. 

Sorry, Floridian, I jumped in this thread on top of page two thinking it was the start so I missed Your comments earlier and stated what You had already stated.

Here is the auction for today stating the Iraqi Dinar rate of 1,190 to 1 USD:

Foreign Currency Selling Window for 28/5/2018 that performed on 27/5/2018

Announcement No.(3707)

Sale Date - 28/5/2018 that performed on 27/5/2018

Details
  Amount
Total sale for the purpose of strengthen outside assets (Transfers and credits)
Total sale cash
Total sale  amount

Note:

• Selling price of remittance money to bank accounts outside is (1190) ID for each Dollar.
  • Cash selling price is (1190) ID for each Dollar.

May be interesting to see if the CBI currency auction rate remains the same (1,190) tomorrow. I would think there would be a little spread like the past 1,184 to 1,190 but maybe times are a changin’!!! The market rate was lining up with the CBI rate of 1,190, too, with only a spread of 10 dinar for 1,200. That is less than 1% for the market sell/buy.

In The Mean Time...........................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Yes,it all sounds positive...However I am in the mindset of "the more I read ...the less I understand"... So I have decided to stay calm and remain patient..

I understand for sure........we can without doubt now say that stuff is moving ..that rate change...Wow... combined with those news..... hehe..just showed up 1190 on the cbi website ..just like that .. what’s next? Haha Wow... maybe lining everything up.. and switch  yes!!! GO RVV! 

Edited by 6ly410
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Why are people excited about a change when it's going the wrong way? 

It’s the fact that stuff is moving .. that’s exciting ..haha... pay the salaries.. electronic... atms.. I don’t know the date or the rate but I am feeling fantastic about  this RV right now.. haha Yea!!

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Things have been stable within the 2% for a a couple of months or more which is great  but at this point it still is for me at least an uneasy situation..  Remember the pace Iraq moves at they still have yet to seat an new Government  and yes an RV may happen "sooner or later or never in my lifetime" ..  I guess you could say that I have been in this investment long enough to see highs, lows and momentum a build only to be deflated that I am now at point of no expectation at all..If it RV's I will be debt free and if It doesn't my life will go on as usual .. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, justchecking123 said:

Another Floridian hopium comment that reels in other dinar goggle people and the thread goes off topic.

I'm not the only one this annoys by the way...so many new people here looking for real news and grounded info on DV feed off stuff like this and chase info red herrings. 

I annoy you?  Now I know who gives me all the negs with every comment I write.  You must be a real joy to live with.  NOT!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Sorry, Floridian, I jumped in this thread on top of page two thinking it was the start so I missed Your comments earlier and stated what You had already stated.

Here is the auction for today stating the Iraqi Dinar rate of 1,190 to 1 USD:

Foreign Currency Selling Window for 28/5/2018 that performed on 27/5/2018

Announcement No.(3707)

Sale Date - 28/5/2018 that performed on 27/5/2018

Details

Amount

Total sale for the purpose of strengthen outside assets (Transfers and credits)

Total sale cash

Total sale  amount

Note:

• Selling price of remittance money to bank accounts outside is (1190) ID for each Dollar.
  • Cash selling price is (1190) ID for each Dollar.

May be interesting to see if the CBI currency auction rate remains the same (1,190) tomorrow. I would think there would be a little spread like the past 1,184 to 1,190 but maybe times are a changin’!!! The market rate was lining up with the CBI rate of 1,190, too, with only a spread of 10 dinar for 1,200. That is less than 1% for the market sell/buy.

In The Mean Time...........................

No worries, Synopsis.  😀

Was out all day.  Just catching up.

• Upvote 3

Just now, DWS112 said:

Sorry, I too did not see your post. Great find!

Also XE.com is reflecting the change now:

XE.jpg.438713eec3db0cb58d75207f660b8db2.jpg

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=IQD

Thanks, DWS112.  Looks like something may be happening soon, since rates are lining up on different sites.  Getting everything insync it seems. 

• Upvote 5