Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WOW! HOW THE US LEARNED TO HERD SHEEPLE

This shows how people have all been duped into buying things so they feel "cool".  I think we're all guilty of this, even if it was just when we were young.  Thankfully many people outgrow this with age and wisdom.  It started with Freud's nephew who figured out how to manipulate people into buying things despite the fact that logic suggested that they should not.  His first task was getting women to take up smoking in order to double the tobacco company's profits.  That came after he successfuly showed Woodrow Wilson how to present himself as a savior to the rest of the world when the US entered WWI.  

A long, British documentary from 2002, but the first 20 minutes give you the gist of it.

(I got this from Zero Hedge, who said that Kanye West tweeted about this video.... just giving credit where credit is due)

Edited by KristiD
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KristiD said:

This shows how people have all been duped into buying things so they feel "cool".  I think we're all guilty of this, even if it was just when we were young.  Thankfully many people outgrow this with age and wisdom.  It started with Freud's nephew who figured out how to manipulate people into buying things despite the fact that logic suggested that they should not.  His first task was getting women to take up smoking in order to double the tobacco company's profits.  That came after he successfuly showed Woodrow Wilson how to present himself as a savior to the rest of the world when the US entered WWI.  

Great post KristiD. It is always interesting looking back at the events and decisions that have shaped our country as we see it today. You are right about the fact that we have all been duped, probably in ways we haven't even come to realize yet.  I remember reading about Freud's nephew and the impact his ideas had in morphing  the nation from being one that bought what they needed to live, into a `shop till you drop' , consumer oriented economy. It laid a basic framework for how to motivate people through selective dissemination of information (subconsciously planting beliefs and perspectives that are made up), to get them to behave in a prescribed way. Once people adopt beliefs that aren't really true, it is easy to manipulate the heck out of them. We have been on that path for a long time and it is easy to see why we have so much consumer debt and so little depth in our conversations and political dialogue. Send out a clever jingle, or a catch phrase or some meaningless patriotic slogan and you can increase your sales or even become the president.  

Easiest way to see if you are sheeple or not is if you have a strong ideology (belief) that you are right and someone else is wrong. Works no matter what your political, religious or other demographic you come from. 

Edited by adhoc10
Rephrase for clarity
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

I remember reading about Freud's nephew and the impact his ideas had in morphing  the nation from being one that bought what they needed to live, into a `shop till you drop' , consumer oriented economy. It laid a basic framework for how to motivate people through selective dissemination of information (subconsciously planting beliefs and perspectives that are made up), to get them to behave in a prescribed way. Once people adopt beliefs that aren't really true, it is easy to manipulate the heck out of them.

Yep, AdHoc10!!!

Ronald Reagan made a profoundly related statement:

Image result for it is not that our liberal friends are ignorant

George Carlin depicted the resulting general economic philosophy quite clearly as well:

So, OK, on the subject of REAL education, an insightful statement from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:

image.jpeg.9df92c87e4fbb9124b892be4392e1c7c.jpeg

More Ronnie:

So, our "Liberal Friends" want to indoctrinate everyone in "so much that isn't so" by converting the "education system" into indoctrination centers instead of centers for "think intensively and think critically" to churn out "obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it" so that GOVERNMENT can "run their lives".

And we call them "Liberal Friends". Yeah, right.

Our heroes (NOT!!!):

Related image

Even More Ronnie:

Amazingly, even more Ronnie:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

So, our "Liberal Friends" want to indoctrinate everyone in "so much that isn't so" by converting the "education system" into indoctrination centers instead of centers for "think intensively and think critically" to churn out "obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it" so that GOVERNMENT can "run their lives".

It's a slippery slope...and a big discussion better served with ample beer and or umbrella drinks and a story reminiscing our long wait for the RV while watching a sunset on a tropical beach . 😂  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Yep, AdHoc10!!!

Ronald Reagan made a profoundly related statement:

George Carlin depicted the resulting general economic philosophy quite clearly as well:

So, OK, on the subject of REAL education, an insightful statement from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:

image.jpeg.9df92c87e4fbb9124b892be4392e1c7c.jpeg

More Ronnie:

And we call them "Liberal Friends". Yeah, right.

Our heroes (NOT!!!):

Related image

Even More Ronnie:

Amazingly, even more Ronnie:

All I can say is...Hooah!!!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

It's a slippery slope...and a big discussion better served with ample beer and or umbrella drinks and a story reminiscing our long wait for the RV while watching a sunset on a tropical beach . 😂  

Yeah, I hear You, AdHoc10!!! :tiphat:

I just wish we hadn't unwittingly allowed funding of the slippery slope the "Liberal Friends" made for us all and are trying to shove us down one way or another.

29 minutes ago, CSM (R) Thackrey said:

All I can say is...Hooah!!!

Thank You for the compliment from such a fine The United States Of America True Patriot!!! :salute:

Thank You, Sir and all the others, for serving as we celebrate this Memorial Day Weekend!!! :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:

• Thanks 1

It is so unbelievable to me how the younger of people of America are so gullible and so willing to give away their freedom.  Especially, their freedom to THINK for themselves and not just parrot what they hear on MSNBC or CNN.  I'm a product of the 60's and we challenged everything and fought to change things that were unjust or unfair.  I was  never a hippie or a draft dodger, just someone that knew how to think for myself and someone who hates hypocrisy and a lack of FREEDOM!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2