Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Khalisi announces the formation of the National Conference to Save Iraq

yota691

Mr. Sistani's office announces the vision of the holy month of Ramadan

We are the news120  2018-05-15

5afaae91606a0.jpg

The Supreme Religious Office of the Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani (Dam al-Warf) predicted that the crescent of the holy month of Ramadan will be on the evening of Wednesday (29 Sha'ban 1439) corresponding to 16 May 2018 in the horizon of the holy city of Najaf at sunset at 6 o'clock (1) and (1 minute), and the percentage of the moon's light section compared to the largest diameter reached by the disc (1.96%). In this case The crescent is expected to be clear. 
This was stated in the schedule of the dates of the month of Ramadan for the year 1439 AH corresponding to (2018), published on the site of the Office of the Supreme Religious Reference Sayyed Ali Husseini al-Sistani (Dam al-Wallaf) in Najaf. 
Based on these expectations, the first day of the holy month of Ramadan (1439 AH) will be on Thursday (17 May 2018) in Iraq and the Middle East, God willing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I have to wonder what the next 30 days holds for the GOI in Iraq.........the timing of the elections seem odd........as historically not much happens in these next 30 days.....

http://time.com/5275786/ramadan-mubarak-greeting-date/

Your Complete Guide to Ramadan, Including the Proper Greeting and When It Starts

A woman praying at the Istiqlal Mosque. Jakarta, Indonesia.
A woman praying at the Istiqlal Mosque. Jakarta, Indonesia.

Ali Trisno Pranoto—Getty Images
By KAMAKSHI AYYAR 
5:55 AM EDT

This week marks the start of Ramadan for more than a billion Muslims around the world.

The month-long observance — which starts on either May 15 or May 16 this year — will see Muslims fasting from sunrise-to-sunset, reciting verses from the Quran and attending prayer sessions. For many of those observing Ramadan, It is a time to become closer to God. It is also a time of joy and for spending time with one’s family, and giving to charity and those in need.

Here’s what you need to know about Ramadan, which is known as the holiest month in Islam.

When is Ramadan?

Ramadan begins during the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar when the new crescent moon is first sighted. The exact start date of Ramadan will only be confirmed when the moon is spotted, and this year it is expected to be seen between Tuesday, May 15 and Wednesday, May 16, allowing for a day here and there depending on atmospheric conditions.

While many countries wait until they can see the moon before announcing the start of Ramadan, in some, like Oman, Islamic scholars and leaders consult with moon-sighters and announce the official start date a few days in advance. Saudi Arabia and a few other nations use special infrared cameras that can capture the birth of the new moon even when it isn’t visible to standard telescopes. This gives them time to prepare for the first day of Ramadan. This year, it is likely that Saudi Arabia will begin celebrating Ramadan on May 16 and Oman on May 17.

The end of Ramadan is also marked with the sighting of the crescent moon, marking Eid-al-Fitr, which should be around the second or third week of June this year.

Muslims perform the first 'Tarawih' prayer on the eve of the Islamic Holy month of Ramadan at the Chicago Mosque in Chicago, United States on May 26, 2017.
Muslims perform the first 'Tarawih' prayer on the eve of the Islamic Holy month of Ramadan at the Chicago Mosque in Chicago, United States on May 26, 2017.

Bilgin S. Sasmaz—Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

What is Ramadan and how is it observed?

Ramadan is observed by Muslims to commemorate when God revealed the first chapters of the Quran, Islam’s sacred text, to the Prophet Muhammad. Muslims believe that during this period, the gates of heaven are open and the gates of hell are closed.

Muslims mark the holy month by fasting — considered to be one of the five pillars of Islam — during sunlight hours. The pre-dawn meal is called the suhoor, while the fast is broken at dusk with the iftar, starting with a few sips of water and some dates.

Abstinence during Ramadan isn’t just restricted to food and water, though. It extends to refraining from sexual activity, smoking, and even to jealousy, anger or other negative thoughts. Muslims believe that following these practices during Ramadan will lead to self-purification, self-control and bring them closer to Allah. Many Muslims also attend special prayer services, read verses of the Quran and engage in charity.

During Ramadan, offices and schools in Islamic countries shut early. For instance, government offices in the United Arab Emirates will operate between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Some counties, such as Abu Dhabi, waive public parking fees near mosques during prayers. Many restaurants remain shut during daylight hours.

Muslims break their fast with iftar during the holy month of Ramadan at Lootha Mosque, Bur Dubai on July 1, 2014 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Muslims break their fast with iftar during the holy month of Ramadan at Lootha Mosque, Bur Dubai on July 1, 2014 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Francois Nel—Getty Images

How do you wish someone a Happy Ramadan?

You can exchange Ramadan greetings by saying “Ramadan Kareem,” which translates into “Have a generous Ramadan,” or “Ramadan Mubarak,” which roughly translates into “Happy Ramadan.”

On the last day of Ramadan, which is Eid-al-fitr, the greeting changes to “Eid Mubarak.”

Does everyone have to fast?

Not everyone must fast. Islam prescribes that all able-bodied Muslims should fast during Ramadan but exempts young children, expecting and breast-feeding mothers, women who are menstruating, the elderly, and those with health conditions.

In certain cases fasting can be compensated at a later date. This year’s highly anticipated FIFA World Cup will be hosted in Russia toward the end of Ramadan and several Muslim footballers will face the dilemma whether to fast on days leading up to their games. Perhaps the most famous player to deal with this issue is Egyptian national and Liverpool star Mohamed Salah. However, the Grand Mufti of Egypt has granted Salah and his teammates permission to postpone their Ramadan fasting in the build up to their first game on June 15.

Play Video
YOU MIGHT LIKE

WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE UPCOMING ROYAL WEDDING
INDONESIA SUFFERS ITS WORST TERRORIST ATTACK IN A DECADE. HERE'S WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE LATEST WAVE OF VIOLENCE

Non-Muslims visiting an Islamic nation are not expected to fast, but they are expected to refrain from eating and drinking in public spaces to respect those around them.

• Thanks 7
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jeepguy said:

The disassemble of the government now , and 30 days off , return to another 2 months of the unknown... ( 2018 ----- is shot ) 

Kinda looking like that isn’t it . . . I’d like to be proven wrong however.  2019 would make for me going into 16 years waiting :facepalm:

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Kinda looking like that isn’t it . . . I’d like to be proven wrong however.  2019 would make for me going into 16 years waiting :facepalm:

2019 Im getting off this train.One way or another.Starting to understand the definition of insanity 

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

😄 not to put too fine a point to it, I’m thinking we’re all Nucking Futs or we wouldn’t be here  :jester:

I would have to agree - we definitely are some kind of special something.. Waiting to get the final prognosis at the end of this ride

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, patrick50 said:

This ride has turned into a bad joke with no end in sight and we my friends are the suckers following a dream.

sorry I feel this way today

I asked God to teach me patience years ago.. then I learned about the Dinar..we all have these days I'm sure, but we see things others don't because they don't research or we would have left the train a long time ago

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh come on folks...we have all been through this before. This is my 10th Ramadan since I first bought my Dinar. I still believe positive things are happening behind the scenes. The CBI only has 30 more days to keep the spread at 2%. By then Ramadan will be over and then we will see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, juliebug said:

Oh come on folks...we have all been through this before. This is my 10th Ramadan since I first bought my Dinar. I still believe positive things are happening behind the scenes. The CBI only has 30 more days to keep the spread at 2%. By then Ramadan will be over and then we will see what happens. 

To be honest julie, I am not even sure were that statement that the CBI only has 30 more days to keep the spread at 2%.came from. Was this something that some guru spewed, or is it an actual fact that we can sink our teeth into ?

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

To be honest julie, I am not even sure were that statement that the CBI only has 30 more days to keep the spread at 2%.came from. Was this something that some guru spewed, or is it an actual fact that we can sink our teeth into ?

pp

Let me see if I can find the article PP. It is guidelines set by the IMF and I did read the actual article. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, juliebug said:

Yes we have - Groundhog days 101- What we believe, what we see , is I believe what aggravates us to almost pull our hair out. Positive news has abounded lately ten fold .for me I guess knowing the Whole plan and I am sure others would really go a long ways in easing frustrations .if they need help paddling the right direction and faster , there are many here who gladly would help do so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, juliebug said:

Read the paragraph "other conventional fixed peg arrangements"   http://www.imf.org/external/np/mfd/er/2004/eng/0604.htm and let me know what you think. Would like to have your opinion.

Other Conventional Fixed Peg Arrangements

The country (formally or de facto) pegs its currency at a fixed rate to another currency or a basket of currencies, where the basket is formed from the currencies of major trading or financial partners and weights reflect the geographical distribution of trade, services, or capital flows. The currency composites can also be standardized, as in the case of the SDR. There is no commitment to keep the parity irrevocably. The exchange rate may fluctuate within narrow margins of less than ±1 percent around a central rate-or the maximum and minimum value of the exchange rate may remain within a narrow margin of 2 percent-for at least three months. The monetary authority stands ready to maintain the fixed parity through direct intervention (i.e., via sale/purchase of foreign exchange in the market) or indirect intervention (e.g., via aggressive use of interest rate policy, imposition of foreign exchange regulations, exercise of moral suasion that constrains foreign exchange activity, or through intervention by other public institutions). Flexibility of monetary policy, though limited, is greater than in the case of exchange arrangements with no separate legal tender and currency boards because traditional central banking functions are still possible, and the monetary authority can adjust the level of the exchange rate, although relatively infrequently.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well it doe's in fact say 2 % for at least 3 months. It is very encouraging, the only thing that worries me is the fact the article is from 2004 and is it still valid ?

Thanks Julie, it dispels the guru angle for sure. Plus we won't have to wait long to see if it holds true.

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Other Conventional Fixed Peg Arrangements

The country (formally or de facto) pegs its currency at a fixed rate to another currency or a basket of currencies, where the basket is formed from the currencies of major trading or financial partners and weights reflect the geographical distribution of trade, services, or capital flows. The currency composites can also be standardized, as in the case of the SDR. There is no commitment to keep the parity irrevocably. The exchange rate may fluctuate within narrow margins of less than ±1 percent around a central rate-or the maximum and minimum value of the exchange rate may remain within a narrow margin of 2 percent-for at least three months. The monetary authority stands ready to maintain the fixed parity through direct intervention (i.e., via sale/purchase of foreign exchange in the market) or indirect intervention (e.g., via aggressive use of interest rate policy, imposition of foreign exchange regulations, exercise of moral suasion that constrains foreign exchange activity, or through intervention by other public institutions). Flexibility of monetary policy, though limited, is greater than in the case of exchange arrangements with no separate legal tender and currency boards because traditional central banking functions are still possible, and the monetary authority can adjust the level of the exchange rate, although relatively infrequently.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well it doe's in fact say 2 % for at least 3 months. It is very encouraging, the only thing that worries me is the fact the article is from 2004 and is it still valid ?

Thanks Julie, it dispels the guru angle for sure. Plus we won't have to wait long to msee if it holds true.

pp

Thanks PP. The IMF guidelines haven't changed since 2004. From what I understand, after the 90 days they can sign Article 8 and raise the value. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Al-Khalisi announces the formation of the National Conference to Save Iraq