Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Khalisi announces the formation of the National Conference to Save Iraq

yota691

9 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Kinda looking like that isn’t it . . . I’d like to be proven wrong however.  2019 would make for me going into 16 years waiting :facepalm:

Maybe you should change your alias to 20 years hoping.  :jester:

SR

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, SupraRacer said:

Maybe you should change your alias to 20 years hoping.  :jester:

SR

Hey ! The Ruby Drive by Guy (or Gal ) struck you for your 20 yrs & Hoping ( which aint all that bad I must say ) comment. I gave ya a Greenie all the same.

Gotta have some levity round here. Shiites getting tense and deep lately - we all want off this ride and yet, they keep the speed lever on max and send us around for another stomach churning lap.   :wave:

• Upvote 5

From a "fiscal year" accounting-wise, the numbers at the end of the year would be much easier to reconcile with a midpoint July 1st RI/RV.  That would get Ramadan and possibly a seated government (with a couple of sessions under their belt) out of the way.  Remember, the CBI is very high on security and stability, and although they operate independently from the GOI, I'm sure that they'll want some dust to settle a bit before pulling the trigger.  

I'd still have time to throw a helluva BBQ before summer's end....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

He is preparing for POST RV.. It’s coming.. the central bank has a plan they will move when the time is right. 😎

So is Christmas coming again... To be honest I am having a real down day about the whole Dinar RV process.. I think we have to face reality as realise that they could keep the value of their currency at its current rate for as long as they want ..

5 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Too right . . . Ive sort of been signing the odd post here & there 10YL+5 (& waiting) - I like your suggestion - as the months goes on, it (your suggestion) just may happen. :facepalm:  :tiphat:

Hopefully no need, but we’ve both been here way too long. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, idplzr said:

Hopefully no need, but we’ve both been here way too long. 

I agree with that statement .. This is my 10th Ramadan and I am more than a decade older .. My head has been having a mental debate .. Hold or Sell  and I ask also what am I holding on for at my age ...

• Upvote 3

So if I'm hearing some of the people here........the New Lower Currency that is supposedly in the New ATM's....again supposedly...

will be staying inactive till 2019 because of the Elections??...Does the CBI and what it wants to eventually want to do... change on this election?

I think not....

35 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

I agree with that statement .. This is my 10th Ramadan and I am more than a decade older .. My head has been having a mental debate .. Hold or Sell  and I ask also what am I holding on for at my age ...

NoviceInvestor, I don’t know. I have a daughter starting college soon, one starting kindergarten in the fall, and one in diapers. I  ask myself that same question quite often.  I guess I choose to leave it in God’s hands.  

Edited by idplzr
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, idplzr said:

NoviceInvestor, I don’t know. I have a daughter starting college soon, one starting kindergarten in the fall, and one in diapers. I  ask myself that same question quite often.  I guess I choose to leave it in God’s hands.  

Yes,we must trust in that higher power and I do but one can be disilluioned by this journey quite easily..Looking at the statisic of your family you have quite a journey ahead of you and I am sure that God will bless your journey .. My Journey in life is further advanced than yours being a grandmother and giving grateful thanks that I wake up each morning to enjoy another day... The wisdom of age allows me the folly of being disillusioned occasionally😇

• Upvote 4

I got into this in late 2010, believing all the hype of an imminent RV.  So, this will be my 8th Ramadan.  Many of us have basically put our lives on hold, spending the day on dinar sites looking for a glimmer of hope.  Hindsight being 20/20, i wish i would have done all that i have done to prepare and shifted my focus.  In reality, this is one of the least expensive investments i have ever had.  I do still believe in an RV and will not sell, but my fixation has caused me to waste valuable time.  Just a thought as i am going on vacation and praying i can forget about all things dinar for a while.  See y'all after Ramadan!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13

This thread reminds me of my journey on the Dinar train since May 4 , 2010 when I was extremely lucky to have gotten my certified check to Dinar Trade before the RV. 😀 We’ve had many ups and downs since then but I believe the largest downer was the 8 year period when Maliki was PM. IMO, we can deduct that time period from our years of waiting due to it being a total waste of time. Also IMO, if Shabibi had continued to be the Governor of the CBI and if someone like Abadi had been the PM instead of Maliki, the Dinar would have gone international years ago. Requirements for the international RV are definitely getting done but we may still have a bit of time to go before all is done. I’m in the same situation as many of you;  the clock is ticking and i’m getting older so would love for this to happen before the only thing I need is a state of the art Power Chair. 😊

For the sake of your sanity, please don’t hang your hat on the “one thing” that needs to happen for us to be rich, it is a basket of things and until they all line up, the International RV isn’t going to take place. Let’s hope and pray that we will have a decent Parliment over there this year so they will get all the laws passed that is needed. That darn sectarian Parliament has been a huge holdup as well imo. 

Just my 2 cents. 

An after thought: We can’t forget the years ISIS controlled 1/3 of Iraq when very little was done but fight that war. But we can blame Maliki for that debacle as well, can’t we? 😡

Edited by Bama Girl
  • Upvote 13

Outstanding responses by some outstanding people!  It's nice when someone can express  a different view point, that maybe others don't want to hear,  and you don't crucified, belittled or degraded by other members responses.  This made my morning. Thank to everyone on DV!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, cranman said:

It's nice when someone can express  a different view point, that maybe others don't want to hear,  and you don't crucified, belittled or degraded by other members responses.

Agreed. That has been the thing I hated most about these sites but it seems to have simmered down a bit since I got in in 07. 

It was more brutal back then 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Floridian said:

Meanwhile, I'm getting older by the minute!

I dearly love my family, but I sure would like to spend SOME of the money AND THEN leave them the remainder - Instead of dying broke and leaving it ALL to them.   😂

I see you got a neg for that post...must be a family member on the site!  LOL!:lmao:

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shedagal said:

I got into this in late 2010, believing all the hype of an imminent RV.  So, this will be my 8th Ramadan.  Many of us have basically put our lives on hold, spending the day on dinar sites looking for a glimmer of hope.  Hindsight being 20/20, i wish i would have done all that i have done to prepare and shifted my focus.  In reality, this is one of the least expensive investments i have ever had.  I do still believe in an RV and will not sell, but my fixation has caused me to waste valuable time.  Just a thought as i am going on vacation and praying i can forget about all things dinar for a while.  See y'all after Ramadan!!

I got into this in 2004 and have been on many sights staring at the screen waaaaaaaaaaaay to long.  I'll never sell as I think this will happen one day.  I'm going to follow your lead and go on vacation at the beginning of June and not get distracted by this investment for awhile.  It's nice to dream about  what we could do with the fruits of this investment when it happens. I can do that away from the screen and be more productive somewhere else.  But I will check in from time to time.

I'm sorry that I'm causing this investment to drag on for so long.  I know that as soon as I sell my stash it will RV the next day.  Since I am not selling, please except my most  heart felt apology.

Edited by cranman
  • Haha 9
  • Upvote 3

I REMEMBER WHEN THE SAYING WAS BUY ONLY WHAT YOU CAN  AFFORD TO LOSE.  I'm very happy I got into this investment, if it pan out good, if not well, it just don't. I can truly say I have enjoyed reading all funny names that people go by on this site. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Iraqi markets break the restrictions of austerity in Ramadan

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%

During the days leading up to the start of the holy month of Ramadan, the Iraqi market witnessed a marked increase in the rate of customers' desire to buy goods, ignoring any emergency that requires austerity. Iraqis have for decades been accustomed to policies that control their way of life and spending, depending on the circumstances of the country. In certain circumstances, Iraqi citizens resort to commodity savings, austerity of expenses and the use of commodity alternatives, and in other circumstances tends to save money and gold as a kind of guarantee for a mysterious future.

On a tour of a number of central markets that are the mainstay of Iraqi trade, including the wholesale market of Shorja and Jamila, on which all other markets in the provinces depend on securing their manufactured goods inside and outside Iraq, Blessed. The trend was to buy Ramadan staples such as rice, pulses, sugars, nuts and juices.

"The market movement during the month of Ramadan is much better than in previous years, when there were austerities and a reluctance to shop because of the war, with a fearful organization and fear of people from an uncertain future, preferring to save money and food," trader Latif Al-Bawi told Al Hayat. He added: "Prices of goods currently are not determined by traders, as there are no laws that regulate this process and prevent monopoly and manipulation of prices or the exploitation of citizens with unscrupulous goods, but competition controls almost everything, as it is the consumer is the one who walks the trader in terms of the goods that he wants and the price and quality, Despite this, the market is sometimes shaken by the behavior of some greedy traders who are used to cheating. "

The economic expert Rahim al-Shammari that «the volume of demand for purchase determined by the first and last volume of gross income and real income, but in the month of Ramadan there is a semi-regulation of the subject, as the head of the family to save or Austerity in other months or obtain a loan in order to maintain high spending during This month".

The economic committee in the Baghdad Provincial Council ruled out rising prices in local markets during the current Ramadan, stressing that the austerity measures pushed towards maintaining the stability of prices because the citizen reduced its expenses compared to previous years.

The Ministry of Planning announced an annual inflation rate of 0.8 percent and a monthly 0.3 percent. "Monthly inflation declined as a result of the decline in the tobacco and transportation sectors, 0.2 percent each, housing 1 percent, communications, miscellaneous goods and services 0.3 percent, and restaurants 0.1 percent," it said in a statement. She added that «the process of collecting prices for the month of March (March) last included all the provinces of Iraq except the province of Nineveh because of the situation».

The official spokesman of the Ministry of Planning Abdul-Zahra al-Hindawi said that «the per capita income of Iraq before 2003 was about 300 dollars a year», pointing out that «the poverty rate rose to 22 percent now because of the economic crisis resulting from the decline in oil prices, The proportion of middle-income and low-income countries is 78 percent. " He explained that «the average average per capita income of Iraq rose between six and seven thousand dollars annually at the end, which encouraged the movement of the economy and the rush of others from the better to buy property abroad».

He stressed that «high per capita income does not necessarily mean improving the standard of living, but the Ministry of Planning to show the difference between income per capita cash and real income to know the level of well-being reached by the individual». "A simple comparison depends on the amount of goods and services that a citizen receives for $ 500 or $ 600 per month, showing that the amount is not enough to support a family of five people for one month." He pointed out that «the rates of inflation of prices of goods and services prove that the majority of Iraqi families resorted to severe austerity and ruled out many of the welfare paragraphs, if we consider that this family source of income between one and 500 to 700 dollars per month».

The Higher Committee for Poverty Alleviation Policies approved the Emergency Project to support Social Stability and Stability of the World Bank Loan, to be distributed to employment projects and loans for employment purposes. The World Bank recently revealed its expectations and estimates of the Iraqi economy during the current year, where positive indicators overshadowed the scene, despite warnings of the fragility of the situation because of imminent dangers.

The report predicts that the pace of growth will accelerate as security improves, reaching 4.4 percent in the non-oil sector in 2017, despite the slow pace of reconstruction activities due to the consequences of the war and the drop in oil prices amid hopes of reforming the structure of the economy and addressing the problem of displacement. 10 percent of Iraqis still suffer from displacement.

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Al-Sistani's office will be announced on Friday as the month of Ramadan
20:53
Last updated
The time now is 09:03 PM
Watch

BAGHDAD / 

Al-Sayyid al-Sistani said on Thursday that Friday will be the month of Ramadan. 

The office said in a statement received by "Al-Ghad Press" that "due to the lack of proven vision of the legitimate Crescent, it was decided on Friday, Friday, is complementary to the month of Ramadan."

"Saturday will be the first day of Shawwal, which coincides with Eid al-Fitr," he said. 

It is noteworthy that the Sunni Endowment, announced earlier in the day, that Friday is the day of Eid al-Fitr.

20:55
Last updated
The time now is 09:01 PM
Watch

Najaf / Al-Ghad Press:
The office of religious authority Sheikh Qassim al-Tai said Thursday that Friday is the first day of Eid al-Fitr.
"After confirming the vision of the month of Shawwal, Friday will be the first day of Eid al-Fitr, which God has restored to Iraq and the Islamic nation with good, Yemen and blessings," the office said in a statement.
The Sunni Endowment said earlier Friday that it would be the first day of Eid al-Fitr.
  • Upvote 1

On 5/16/2018 at 12:08 AM, idplzr said:

Wow you're a glutton for punishment aren't you? lol. Probably why you have stayed in this investment😉

• yota691 changed the title to Al-Khalisi announces the formation of the National Conference to Save Iraq