Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Khalisi announces the formation of the National Conference to Save Iraq

yota691

10 minutes ago, js214 said:

90 days from? 2004 is a long time ago.. Am I missing something when this clock started?

60 days ago, they got the currency into the 2% range.  They have to hold it at 2% or less for 90 days.  They have 30 days to go.

If they can keep it within the 2% range for 90 days, they can then write a letter to the IMF (having met the IMF rules) and ask to be allowed to accept Article VIII.

Article VIII allows them to raise their currency.

This does not imply they WILL raise the currency in 30 days.  It only means they CAN, after they accept Article VIII.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Floridian said:

60 days ago, they got the currency into the 2% range.  They have to hold it at 2% or less for 90 days.  They have 30 days to go.

If they can keep it within the 2% range for 90 days, they can then write a letter to the IMF (having met the IMF rules) and ask to be allowed to accept Article VIII.

Article VIII allows them to raise their currency.

This does not imply they WILL raise the currency in 30 days.  It only means they CAN, after they accept Article VIII.

Thanks for your excellent explanation Floridian. I know what I mean to say, but sometimes all of the thoughts running around in my head interfere with my ability to explain things... LOL :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I find it interesting that just because it is Ramadan that no one thinks anything can happen.  Life  and business still goes in in Iraq during Ramadan.  I know we need the formation of a new government and other things to take place over the next few months.  If everything was voted on and agreed upon before the elections then the RV would happen as they planned it.  The fact that nothing is happening (that we can see) just shows that we have read way too much into what has been reported and interpreting it in our favor.  There are so my articles posted here on a daily basis that it is hard to read all of them. By the way good job newshounds!  The fact is that a very, very small percentage of them actually say anything about and RV of currency.  Mostly it has been about getting the banking system updated and connected to the rest of the world.  Certainly good news and  shows sign of progress.  

I hate to think this, but it has been 15 years of the dinar at an extremely low rate.  It may stay this for much longer as it seems that the country is working with the dinar at such a low rate.  Although it could work much better at a higher rate.  Many countries have recently donated billions of dollars to the reconstruction of Iraq.  Why do that if the RV is so close.  Surely presidents and prime ministers of other countries are privy to information that we are not.  They even have there own financial and banking experts to help guide their decision when deciding to help Iraq.

I want this to happen like everyone else.  I fear that the ride is going to go on much longer that we thought. If it ever stops.  Adams silence is deafening.  He/ we were all sitting on the edge of our seat a month or two ago.  Now Ramadan, new government to be formed and no signs of any thing going to happen  with a sense of urgency.

Somebody prove my points/ statements wrong and make us all feel better. This was just my opinion (as always).

• Thanks 3

Thanks for this reminder juliebug. Sounds like even if we had an HCL the RV couldn't happen without Article VIII. This makes me wonder if an RV could happen with the Article VIII and without the HCL. Although the HCL would make a much nicer suitable environment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Kinda looking like that isn’t it . . . I’d like to be proven wrong however.  2019 would make for me going into 16 years waiting :facepalm:

Yes, you will need to edit your name. 16 YEARS LATER 

• Haha 3

- form a new Goverment 

- wipe out corruption

- approve important laws

- collect 40 trillions in chunky cash

- develop private sector

- diversify the economy

- the economy is improving at the actual rate of 1184

- IMF SBA ends mid 2019

Dont get me wrong, I would love and RV TODAY but reality is different. Lots of good things happening in Iraq right now but still a lot of work to do.

Go RV sooner than later.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, nor said:

i cant wait ramadhan is coming . We muslim just wait to pray at night together till 12pm ,reading alquran and eating together with family  for non muslim love to eating because so many food have present . 

May your Ramadan be bountiful and bring much joy and peace to your people.

pp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, cranman said:

I find it interesting that just because it is Ramadan that no one thinks anything can happen.  Life  and business still goes in in Iraq during Ramadan.  I know we need the formation of a new government and other things to take place over the next few months.  If everything was voted on and agreed upon before the elections then the RV would happen as they planned it.  The fact that nothing is happening (that we can see) just shows that we have read way too much into what has been reported and interpreting it in our favor.  There are so my articles posted here on a daily basis that it is hard to read all of them. By the way good job newshounds!  The fact is that a very, very small percentage of them actually say anything about and RV of currency.  Mostly it has been about getting the banking system updated and connected to the rest of the world.  Certainly good news and  shows sign of progress.  

I hate to think this, but it has been 15 years of the dinar at an extremely low rate.  It may stay this for much longer as it seems that the country is working with the dinar at such a low rate.  Although it could work much better at a higher rate.  Many countries have recently donated billions of dollars to the reconstruction of Iraq.  Why do that if the RV is so close.  Surely presidents and prime ministers of other countries are privy to information that we are not.  They even have there own financial and banking experts to help guide their decision when deciding to help Iraq.

I want this to happen like everyone else.  I fear that the ride is going to go on much longer that we thought. If it ever stops.  Adams silence is deafening.  He/ we were all sitting on the edge of our seat a month or two ago.  Now Ramadan, new government to be formed and no signs of any thing going to happen  with a sense of urgency.

Somebody prove my points/ statements wrong and make us all feel better. This was just my opinion (as always).

cranman, I feel your pain brother but we really are closer to this thing ending than it seems...I'm not going to try to prove your points are wrong but simply state what the CBI has stated, an by the way, that's who I'm hanging my hat on to make this Dinar RV not the GOI. Remember they have to be in IMF compliance to receive the rest of their 3 billion dollar loan.

The governor has stated that the CBI is ready to move forward with the PROJECT.

The governor has stated that the CBI will implement the PROJECT when the environment is right.

The CBI governor has stated that they are in the IMF 2% compliance.

Will the right environment be when the new GOI is seated, I don't know but what I do know is the CBI is ready to introduce the LD's an stop the auctions. The elections in my opinion have nothing to do with the CBI but does make for a lot noise an distraction.

I didn't write this post to try to convince you of anything or make you feel better but to simply say to hang in there just a little bit longer... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, cranman said:

"The fact is that a very, very small percentage of them actually say anything about and RV of currency."

They can't say anything about an RV.  It has to be a secret or the whole world would be trying to buy dinar.

"Mostly it has been about getting the banking system updated and connected to the rest of the world."

They have to come into the 21st century if they want to be on the world stage.

"Many countries have recently donated billions of dollars to the reconstruction of Iraq.  Why do that if the RV is so close.  Surely presidents and prime ministers of other countries are privy to information that we are not."

I'm sure that Presidents, Prime Ministers, and the US Congress all have dinar because they are privy to information. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

- form a new Goverment 

- wipe out corruption

- approve important laws

- collect 40 trillions in chunky cash

- develop private sector

- diversify the economy

- the economy is improving at the actual rate of 1184

- IMF SBA ends mid 2019

Dont get me wrong, I would love and RV TODAY but reality is different. Lots of good things happening in Iraq right now but still a lot of work to do.

Go RV sooner than later.

amen

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DoD said:

cranman, I feel your pain brother but we really are closer to this thing ending than it seems...I'm not going to try to prove your points are wrong but simply state what the CBI has stated, an by the way, that's who I'm hanging my hat on to make this Dinar RV not the GOI. Remember they have to be in IMF compliance to receive the rest of their 3 billion dollar loan.

The governor has stated that the CBI is ready to move forward with the PROJECT.

The governor has stated that the CBI will implement the PROJECT when the environment is right.

The CBI governor has stated that they are in the IMF 2% compliance.

Will the right environment be when the new GOI is seated, I don't know but what I do know is the CBI is ready to introduce the LD's an stop the auctions. The elections in my opinion have nothing to do with the CBI but does make for a lot noise an distraction.

I didn't write this post to try to convince you of anything or make you feel better but to simply say to hang in there just a little bit longer... 

well said

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, idplzr said:

Yes, you will need to edit your name. 16 YEARS LATER 

Too right . . . Ive sort of been signing the odd post here & there 10YL+5 (& waiting) - I like your suggestion - as the months goes on, it (your suggestion) just may happen. :facepalm:  :tiphat:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Too right . . . Ive sort of been signing the odd post here & there 10YL+5 (& waiting) - I like your suggestion - as the months goes on, it (your suggestion) just may happen. :facepalm:  :tiphat:

er., um, ah, hmmm ?? I sure hope not !!!   :)

pp

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

er., um, ah, hmmm ?? I sure hope not !!!   :)

pp

That goes double for me. . . for if we do go into 2019 . . . your going to have a grown man sobbing hysterically into his to his glass of Scotch ! <_< ( and throwing a tantrum and various objects about the house ). 

• Haha 3

• yota691 changed the title to Al-Khalisi announces the formation of the National Conference to Save Iraq