Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Margot Kidder obituary

umbertino

Superman star whose performance as the go-getting reporter Lois Lane brought pizzazz to the blockbuster superhero films

Ryan Gilbey

Tue 15 May 2018 11.59 BST Last modified on Tue 15 May 2018 13.08 BST

2880.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=8404152b180057566811e74de4887bb8
Margot Kidder as Lois Lane and Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent in Superman: The Movie, 1978
Photograph: Warner Bros/DC Comics/Kobal/Rex/Shutterstock

More pics

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/15/margot-kidder-obituary

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Now you're being negged for everything you post?.....good grief, people can be hateful.  What an embarrassment this has become.  All my best, Umbertino.

GO RV, then BV

You know.....That's what I'm talking about....I could  understand ( to a certain extent...)  disapproving of a Political post...And therefore showing disapproval by negging....Ok...Maybe ( I'd never do it myself to others anyway but again that's me)

But this....Just plain absurd... What is there to neg about the above article?  Only that umbertino posted it ( obsessive chase pure and simple)...Should it have been posted by someone else....Lots of emeralds.....Ok....

The blame here clearly falls on the ones doing this...Not me

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Thanks Shabs, B/A, PokerPlayer, Jim, Shedagal, Socal and other great Folks here...It is much appreciated......Love you all

Thanks also to TexasGranny for closing other thread ( as I had invited Mods to decide what to do about it...leaving it open or closing it)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Thanks Shabs, B/A, PokerPlayer, Jim, Shedagal, Socal and other great Folks here...It is much appreciated......Love you all

Thanks also to TexasGranny for closing other thread ( as I had invited Mods to decide what to do about it...leaving it open or closing it)

You are very welcome, my friend....and yes, TG is a wonderful moderator.  She's always been very fair to all posters.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

You are very welcome, my friend....and yes, TG is a wonderful moderator.  She's always been very fair to all posters.

GO RV, then BV

Thanks Shabs...Ran out of pluses.......Will fix it as soon as I get reloaded

Agreed on everything you stated ( TG)

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

What's the matter, did your mommy spank you when you were a child and now you have issues???? What a sad person you must be if this is how you get your jollies... 

B/A

They get their jollies by enticing comments from people while they sit back and neg with immunity.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts, releasing 30,000ft plume of ash

Explosion comes after more than a dozen fissures recently opened miles to the east of the crater, spewing lava

Associated Press in Pahoa, Hawaii

Thu 17 May 2018 19.25 BST First published on Thu 17 May 2018 17.37 BST

Vid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/17/hawaiis-kilauea-volcano-erupts-releasing-30000ft-plume-of-ash

Golfer hits first-ever hole-in-one at age of 93 then retires from game

Ben Bender had been playing golf for 65 years at time of his feat

‘It seemed the Lord knew this was my last round’

Guardian sport

Thu 17 May 2018 20.16 BST Last modified on Thu 17 May 2018 20.21 BST

6016.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=fcfc3281e5a3bd2405a7ef827eddcf3e
Ben Bender’s shot came on the 152-yard third hole
Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

• Haha 1

Umbertino and Shabilicious : I cannot believe I am doing this for you guys, yes agreeing with you. Someone absolutely is negging you just because you  posted anything. Who cares enough to hate you like that. I can bet you they are not a Christian. Not a real one anyway. Sad. Really sad.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Umbertino and Shabilicious : I cannot believe I am doing this for you guys, yes agreeing with you. Someone absolutely is negging you just because you  posted anything. Who cares enough to hate you like that. I can bet you they are not a Christian. Not a real one anyway. Sad. Really sad.

Thanks NYK.......Ran ( again) out of pluses....Owe you...

Your words do mean much to me and are much appreciated.....For real

Best

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Two-year-old girl dies after incident involving armed police in Belgium

Prosecutor opens inquiry into death after passengers claim police fired in attempt to stop van full of refugees

Rod Austin

Thu 17 May 2018 17.07 BST Last modified on Thu 17 May 2018 22.00 BST

720.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=a0da330fce404849681bc4acff3c573b
Two-year-old ‘Mawda’ died in a van carrying refugees after an incident involving armed Belgian police
Photograph: Handout

Japanese monk sues temple saying workload gave him depression

Buddhist monk has backing of local labour bureau after he said he had to work sometimes for two months without a break

Agence France-Presse in Tokyo

Thu 17 May 2018 16.43 BST

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=dd2dfb5aae964ab9cb558d06c96ecdd6
‘As a monk ... you provide labour, but you are told it’s part of religious training. And if it’s training, you must endure even if  it causes you significant hardship.’
Photograph: Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images

Sophia Bush on sexual assault: 'Women everywhere have been exposed to this'

Bush, one of 18 women that accused One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwahn of sexual harassment, is making #MeToo her mission

By Sabrina Siddiqui in Washington

Thu 17 May 2018 19.33 BST Last modified on Thu 17 May 2018 19.39 BST

3091.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e2758c9060eb246b80bafe6f214a556d
‘We have a repulsive person in office. That’s not partisan. That’s simply true,’ Sophia Bush says
Photograph: Valerie Macon/AFP/Getty Images

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/17/sophia-bush-metoo-sexual-assault-interview-mark-schwahn-accusations

Separating sick Inuit kids and parents is medical colonialism all over again

In Quebec, air ambulances continue the incomprehensible practice of separating children and parents – despite no written policy demanding it

Samir Shaheen-Hussain

Thu 17 May 2018 11.00 BST

5120.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=5d59442ab64eaf2716fb7dd21b67a7ae
Without a parent to advocate for them, children suffer unacceptable delays to receive pain control
Photograph: Sue Flood/Getty Images

6 hours ago, umbertino said:

Thanks NYK.......Ran ( again) out of pluses....Owe you...

Your words do mean much to me and are much appreciated.....For real

Best

You are sincerely welcome Sir. It is always my pleasure to share the truth, particularly when it is not just my opinion. IMHO. Peace and God's blessing and guidance to you and yours. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, new york kevin said:

You are sincerely welcome Sir. It is always my pleasure to share the truth, particularly when it is not just my opinion. IMHO. Peace and God's blessing and guidance to you and yours. 

Thanks again , NYK....And sorry for the neg you received for your previous post....

You see?   Haters will be haters no matter what....That's sad

Best to you and yours

• Downvote 2

I'm sure that Powers That Be here ( Mods, Boss, etc) surely have the tech capability to find out the one(s) stubbornly and wickedly carrying on the hate and therefore me  humbly thinks that PTB could do the proper actions ( if so they decide)  so that  all this continuous and senseless madness  be stopped for good....

As this bad climate does not only involve me personally but  unfortunately also everyone else showing me  support....They're all getting negged......Again  that's not a good thing ...It's called hate....

But it's of course their ( Mods & Boss) decision to do that if they deem it important....In order to solve this  situation once and for all....

This is really getting out of control

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 4

13 hours ago, new york kevin said:

I appreciate you speaking the truth, kevin....righteous people always do.  Peace.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2