Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I read today in L.A. Times that Abadi is presently third in the elections, and Sadr is is now the front runner. The full tabulation of votes  have not been counted as of this posting.

My opinion is:   If Sadr becomes the new Prime Minister, our investment is "toast".  What is the opinion of other members?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

An old saying "The Man who puts off until tomorrow what he should have done today will find soon that tomorrow is actually worse."

Abadi waited and waited to do what he should have and could have done years ago, and now the millions of displaced and poor Iraqis voted their opinions Saturday. Now Abadi will have to wait and see if he does or does not have a job because of the links from Iraq newspapers say Sadr will not be PM but has the votes to choose the one who will be. Sadr is no friend to the U.S.A. nor friends with Iran. Sadr does want Iraq to be free of outside influence and wants economic power for his people so I would say our Dinar investment is still the same as it was a year ago, "It may happen, it may not happen" in my lifetime.

See article https://dailytimes.com.pk/240107/firebrand-cleric-sadr-on-course-to-win-iraq-election/, and you can see "Sadr has a zealous following among the young, poor and dispossessed but had been sidelined by influential Iranian-backed figures. During the election campaign, frustrated Iraqis of all shades complained about their political elite’s systematic patronage, bad governance, and corruption, saying they didn’t receive any benefits of their country’s oil wealth. Iraq has been ranked among the world’s most corrupt countries, with high unemployment, rife poverty, weak public institutions and bad services despite high oil revenues for many years. Endemic corruption has eaten at the government’s financial resources." 

62B05301-CE7E-4864-9891-59232E2A3433_cx0_cy7_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

• Upvote 1

Maybe Sadar will be the new TRUMP for the people ,the other people that have been in power, have done nothing !!!!!but play games and have kept the people in poverty,players fiilling there pockets off the backs of the poor, and wanting still to borrow more money to sock away, 15yrs for me and what have they acomplished????????????of course the IMFis no better jocking for position of control of the country through more loans, buying up the land and oil and minerals through more loans selling the property right out from under there own people.

• Upvote 1