Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How do we handle the dreamers ?

dinarham

You get 20 Congressmen on the House side, 1/2 of them Dem the other half Reps. Lock them in a room and  write the DACA Act. Making sure all past xyz date ex 12/20/18 are not eligible.  When it passes the House, send it to the Senate and do the same thing there. That way everyone wins. The Dreamers, the Dems and the Reps. Trump and crew have stated they want it past. Also Ryan and McConnell, Schumer and Pelosi.  One side, the Dems IMHO, just don't want anyone other than them to get any sort of credit for actually passing an actual LAW that covers this matter. Part of me questions if the Dems ( not the rank and file Dems per se) really want to settle this matter at all. Preferring  to pass presidential executive orders that are temporary,  to forestall such a matter inorder to blame it on the opposition party.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/13/2018 at 7:19 PM, Synopsis said:

So please explain to me YOUR social graces in breaking the law by hiring illegal immigrants. Do You REALLY think people ARE NOT going to say something about what YOU are doing?

Nobody cares at all if you hired and illegal alien ... ever. Until yiu run for publication office maybe.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Nobody cares at all if you hired and illegal alien ... ever. Until yiu run for publication office maybe.

That might depend on what company a person works for. As a pre employment qualification for a company in a border state, I had to supply the necessary documentation to demonstrate I am an actual The United States Of America Citizen. At the time, I was told it is a big deal with The United States Of America Immigration to have improperly documented workers with associated fines for the company and potentially criminal charges for associated company employees depending on the related offense(s). I was also told The United States Of America Immigration did unannounced visits occasionally to check compliance.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

This whole topic reminds me of a law that was put into place regarding trespassing along along our beach . The north  end of the public beach was met with signs saying ," Private property ". What a joke , how are you going to enforce this law ? It  is intrinsically unable to be enforced ,what with the costly manpower ,etc.  Like the drug war ,going on 50 years now ,and where has it  got us ?   If we wanted to end the drug immediately  , and I do mean on a dime ,we would take the profit out of the business . Put a huge free pile of coke  ,etc. ,where ever the crip animals do their business .Boom !  They would become a sorry lot ,a crip animal with no money .   Like scum ,they will rise to the surface and be easy pickings

• Haha 1

In my super humble opinion ,immigration law and enforcement is not intrinsically bound to fail . While it must begin at a federal level ,individual states and counties could become involved in the process . 

Border states should be more involved. It is their citizenry that suffer when social services that they pay for become siphoned off to pay for illegal immigrants. 

Any border state that refuses to enforce the immigration policy. ( I.E. Sanctuary status) should lose Federal funding until they comply with the Constitution. 

Cut and dry, black and white. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Synopsis said:

That might depend on what company a person works for. As a pre employment qualification for a company in a border state, I had to supply the necessary documentation to demonstrate I am an actual The United States Of America Citizen. At the time, I was told it is a big deal with The United States Of America Immigration to have improperly documented workers with associated fines for the company and potentially criminal charges for associated company employees depending on the related offense(s). I was also told The United States Of America Immigration did unannounced visits occasionally to check compliance.

But thats different, and I hear what you are saying also. What I ment was as a private citizen no one is going to care if as a private citizen you ever hired an illegal immigrant.  Thats all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, new york kevin said:

But thats different, and I hear what you are saying also. What I ment was as a private citizen no one is going to care if as a private citizen you ever hired an illegal immigrant.  Thats all.

That is not quite true.

If you pick up an undocumented worker at say a Home Depot to work in your yard or around the house,

and they catch you, you could loose your truck and or go to jail. 

They may not care on a large scale but they will make an example of you if it serves their purpose. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

That is not quite true.

If you pick up an undocumented worker at say a Home Depot to work in your yard or around the house,

and they catch you, you could loose your truck and or go to jail. 

They may not care on a large scale but they will make an example of you if it serves their purpose. 

I hear what you are saying, legally you may be correct, and I raise you a " thats not quite true."  If they really cared about that they would have hiring illegal alien decoy sweeps. Kind of like when they dress up female cops as hookers when going after the Johns. Or they would just raid the Lowes, Home Depots, and other such places everywhere. Besides this thread was about how to handle the DACA issue.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, new york kevin said:

There are related small business persons playing by the rules that suffer loss of business and then go out of business because of area persons hiring illegal immigrants. So I think there are a lot of private citizens who do care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

There are related small business persons playing by the rules that suffer loss of business and then go out of business because of area persons hiring illegal immigrants. So I think there are a lot of private citizens who do care.

Not to mention the lower prices for consumer products as a direct result of putting illegal immigrants to work in those mom and pop shops....it's a nasty, sticky catch 22, doing business in some areas of this great land of OURS.  Buying from American companies who put illegal immigrants to work is no different than outsourcing to foreign lands....Harley Davidson just got added to the list for doing that very thing....their shareholders are happy for the tax break windfall though.  

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

So the Dreamer wants a 'chance' at the American way of life.  Good. Give them a regular labor job.  IF they get arrested on DUI, drug charges, DV or any other crimes they go back to their country and everything is void.  Keep your nose clean while going through school and  either a degree or trade school.  If you mess up...you are OUT.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bohica said:

So the Dreamer wants a 'chance' at the American way of life.  Good. Give them a regular labor job.  IF they get arrested on DUI, drug charges, DV or any other crimes they go back to their country and everything is void.  Keep your nose clean while going through school and  either a degree or trade school.  If you mess up...you are OUT.  

As a small business owner in a rural area ,my employees would have a fit if I were to employ one or two illegals along side them . $10 cash per  hour  is like  $15 without taxes ,etc . taken out .  I would assume this feeling  among employees would transcend  to other businesses 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Why all the recent flap about immigration when it has been treated as a non issue for decades ? In my most humble but jaded opinion the Dems are reaching out for a distraction prior to Nov elections , possibly to deflect from the deep deep doodoo coming out about Hillarious ,Comey ,Loretta , and more..This is how it operates  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, dinarham said:

Why all the recent flap about immigration when it has been treated as a non issue for decades ? In my most humble but jaded opinion the Dems are reaching out for a distraction prior to Nov elections , possibly to deflect from the deep deep doodoo coming out about Hillarious ,Comey ,Loretta , and more..This is how it operates  

The reason is is that the DemoRats are trying to find something that will

1) Stick to Trump since collusion and obstruction doesn't seem to be working. Even though they had no issue on this subject matter prior to Trump's Admin.

2) break the Trump campaign pledge to finally resolve the situation and the DemoRATS don't want to solve either issue of Immigration nor Racism.  Doing so would suck all the power they have left in their little balloon . They need more to counter the sinking ship called CA, Detroit, New Orleans, Colorado, Chicago, Seattle etc.

3) allow the DemoRATS see open borders as ushering in new demoRAT voters.

4) lastly, they need to keep emotion alive in the campaign since they cannot run on issues. (It's the economy, stupid, etc.)

This is why the demoRATS have been obstructionist on this issue. If it were to get solved once and for all, then demoRATS would not be able to replenish their supply of voters as voters en masse catch on to what they are doing and flee the demoRAT party. Its tough to keep people in poverty and then get rich off of their backs if they rebel against the system.

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Let me rephrase this

5 minutes ago, Theseus said:

. Its tough to keep people in poverty and then get rich off of their backs if they rebel against the system.

It's tough to keep people on the concrete plantation and get rich off their backs if they break free of their proverbial chains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dems are now throwing the term Nazi around  ,ergo you must be a nazi if you voted for him . Such vitriol ,such blanket hatred . I suggest they take up their guns ,shut their pie holes and go down and save these children

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dinarham said:

Dems are now throwing the term Nazi around  ,ergo you must be a nazi if you voted for him . Such vitriol ,such blanket hatred . I suggest they take up their guns ,shut their pie holes and go down and save these children

Whatcha talkin bout Willis! Dems have been throwin the term Nazi around since Reagan and beyond. To the dems its all about invoking raw unfettered emotion because when this is invoked there is no logic or reasoning to the vitriol that spews forth from the disease-ridden mouths like a supervolcano having a super eruption, violent and who cares where the fallout lands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, dinarham said:

It really goes to show how ignorant many of them are  in their usage of the term Nazi.  Anyone who actually knows about Adolf Hitler and the Nazis knows it is not something to throw around lightly.  It also shows that they have no idea of WWII nor the Holocaust.  Stupid people say stupid things.  It is funny when you realize that the one funding the people screaming Nazism WAS a Nazi.  George Soros said on 60 minutes those were the best years of his life.  If you disagree then do a little basic research and find out about it yourself.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2