Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How do we handle the dreamers ?

dinarham

This is not my first time at the  rodeo . Years ago ,I was a member of Dinar Speculators ,back when Med was SFMedic or something like that . I was an active member ,researching and such . I was shocked when Med banned me permanently when I commented that , "Iraq is going through a paradigm shift " . Boom ! I was cut off  forever and ever .  Go figure .  It is my experience  that some people are simply lacking in social graces . Making people feel bad  because you just have to for some reason is not good , nor is rigid thinking

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, dinarham said:

Go figure .  It is my experience  that some people are simply lacking in social graces .

So please explain to me YOUR social graces in breaking the law by hiring illegal immigrants. Do You REALLY think people ARE NOT going to say something about what YOU are doing?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

So please explain to me YOUR social graces in breaking the law by hiring illegal immigrants. Do You REALLY think people ARE NOT going to say something about what YOU are doing?

Synopsis ,I posted earlier that this is not the case .  I am talking about one individual . You are no doubt lacking in social graces as your response appears to be loaded with anger . I am not a criminal and I love my country .

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, dinarham said:

Synopsis ,I posted earlier that this is not the case .  I am talking about one individual . You are no doubt lacking in social graces as your response appears to be loaded with anger . I am not a criminal and I love my country .

Your response is contradictory. If You have hired ANY illegal immigrants, then You have broken the law. YOU are the one not exercising social graces! I would concentrate on YOUR lacking social graces. Your assessment is invalid of my social graces if You break the law and seek solace in attempting to garner support for what You have done by breaking the law.

If You STOP being a criminal then You can show YOU love The Country Of The United States Of America.

You misrepresent identifying breaking the law with hatred. I do not want to see any illegal immigrant committing criminal acts by entering The United States Of America illegally or subsequently committing crimes against The United States Of America Citizens.

If You promote illegal immigrants entering The United States Of America illegally with some committing criminal acts against The United States Of America Citizens, then You show a hatred for The United States Of America Citizens and lack social graces entirely regardless of Your self ascribed humanitarian motives!

• Upvote 4

On 5/11/2018 at 8:28 PM, dinarham said:

IT's pretty clear that the system in place is not working . Thank goodness Trump is working on that .  Strict border control must and will take place .  Round up the criminals first ,which looks like what Trump is doing now .  What would happen to the economies in agricultural states ? Boom, gone without illegal workers . 

Should start at the correct spot, but if not start at 33:00.

😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, girljulieta said:

Should start at the correct spot, but if not start at 33:00.

😉

I love this guy.  Perfect. If Hillarious won, at the end of her first term we would have been looking more like our neighbor Mexico. GOD bless our president Trump. Keep him healthy and safe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Your response is contradictory. If You have hired ANY illegal immigrants, then You have broken the law. YOU are the one not exercising social graces! I would concentrate on YOUR lacking social graces. Your assessment is invalid of my social graces if You break the law and seek solace in attempting to garner support system" rel="">support for what You have done by breaking the law.

If You STOP being a criminal then You can show YOU love The Country Of The United States Of America.

You misrepresent identifying breaking the law with hatred. I do not want to see any illegal immigrant committing criminal acts by entering The United States Of America illegally or subsequently committing crimes against The United States Of America Citizens.

If You promote illegal immigrants entering The United States Of America illegally with some committing criminal acts against The United States Of America Citizens, then You show a hatred for The United States Of America Citizens and lack social graces entirely regardless of Your self ascribed humanitarian motives!

Synopsis ,would you please stop calling me a criminal ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, dinarham said:

Synopsis ,would you please stop calling me a criminal ? 

OK, so You break the law by hiring an illegal immigrant of Your own admission and do not consider yourself a criminal?

Every criminal says that.

As far as hatred is concerned, the criminal acts illegal immigrants are more likely to commit against The United States Of America Citizen(s) is hatred for the Citizen(s). To stand against criminal acts and to prevent them is not hatred at all especially to eliminate illegal immigration.

You (or others) are better served not attempting to label me as hating in any respect but to acknowledge I stand for Rule Of Law in any instance.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

OK, so You break the law by hiring an illegal immigrant of Your own admission and do not consider yourself a criminal?

Every criminal says that.

As far as hatred is concerned, the criminal acts illegal immigrants are more likely to commit against The United States Of America Citizen(s) is hatred for the Citizen(s). To stand against criminal acts and to prevent them is not hatred at all especially to eliminate illegal immigration.

You (or others) are better served not attempting to label me as hating in any respect but to acknowledge I stand for Rule Of Law in any instance.

Trump Paid Over $1 Million in Labor Settlement, Documents Reveal

In 1980, under pressure to begin construction on what would become his signature project, Donald J. Trump employed a crew of 200 undocumented Polish workers who worked in 12-hour shifts, without gloves, hard hats or masks, to demolish the Bonwit Teller building on Fifth Avenue, where the 58-story, golden-hued Trump Tower now stands.

The workers were paid as little as $4 an hour for their dangerous labor, less than half the union wage, if they got paid at all.

Their treatment led to years of litigation over Mr. Trump’s labor practices, and in 1998, despite frequent claims that he never settles lawsuits, Mr. Trump quietly reached an agreement to end a class-action suit over the Bonwit Teller demolition in which he was a defendant.

For almost 20 years, the terms of that settlement have remained a secret. But last week, the settlement documents were unsealed by Loretta A. Preska, a United States District Court judge for the Southern District, in response to a 2016 motion filed by Time Inc. and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press. Judge Preska found that the public’s right to know of court proceedings in a class-action case was strengthened by the involvement of the “now-president of the United States.”

In a 21-page finding, Judge Preska wrote that “the Trump Parties have failed to identify any interests that can overcome the common law and First Amendment presumptions of access to the four documents at issue.”

On the campaign trail and as president, Mr. Trump has made curbing immigration one of his top priorities, seeking to close the borders to people from certain Muslim-majority countries and to deport immigrants who are here illegally. The settlement serves as a reminder that as an employer he relied on illegal immigrants to get a dangerous and dirty job done

Katie Townsend, litigation director of the Reporters Committee, called the decision a major victory that goes beyond this one case. “It makes clear that both the First Amendment and common law rights of public access apply to settlement-related documents in class actions,” she said.

Lawyers for Mr. Trump were not immediately available for comment.

The documents show that Mr. Trump paid a total of $1.375 million to settle the case, known as Hardy v. Kaszycki, with $500,000 of it going to a union benefits fund and the rest to pay lawyers’ fees and expenses. According to the documents, one of the union lawyers involved asked the judge to ensure “prompt payment” from Mr. Trump, suggesting “within two weeks after the settlement date.”

Mr. Trump jumped in to object. “Thirty days is normal,” he said.

At the time of the settlement, the court papers note, “this case has been litigated for 15 years and has already required three rounds of discovery, extensive motion practice, a 16-day trial and two appeals.”

It appears Dinarham is in good company....

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

f9814988192bd73a69463e6ba2559e8d0e1b1d60.jpeg?w=600&q=65&dpi=0.8999999761581421&fm=pjpg&h=418
Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images

Trump’s modeling agency was a virtual sweatshop that hired undocumented immigrants.

Trump likes to surround himself with models; indeed, his wife is a former model. Questions have been raised about whether Melania Trump was an undocumented immigrant when she first worked in the United States, but Mother Jones has smartly decided to focus on Trump’s hypocrisy on this issue. In a blockbuster article, Mother Jones documents that Trump Model Management employed undocumented immigrants who were encouraged to come to the United States on promises of work visas that were only infrequently met.

With no secure documentation, Trump’s firm exploited these models, whose wages were eaten up by the exorbitant fees they had to pay for rent and other amenities. The conditions in the barrack-like residences the models lived in were the opposite of chic. One model, identified only as Kate to protect her identity, tells a striking tale:

Living in the apartment during a sweltering New York summer, Kate picked a top bunk near a street-level window in the hopes of getting a little fresh air. She awoke one morning to something splashing her face. “Oh, maybe it’s raining today,” she recalled thinking. But when she peered out the window, “I saw the one-eyed monster pissing on me,” she said. “There was a bum pissing on my window, splashing me in my Trump Model bed.”

“Such a glamorous industry,” she said.

Hey at least he's smiling... I wonder where his hands are.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8

57 minutes ago, dinarham said:

Please disregard previous post ,not written by me .A family member took exception to her mom being called a criminal 

You can ask bumper to hide it for you.

he has helped me on occasion when my mouth outran my common sense!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 5/14/2018 at 1:44 PM, bostonangler said:

Trump Paid Over $1 Million in Labor Settlement, Documents Reveal

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/trump-illegal-polish-workers/

Here’s The Truth About Trump Hiring Illegal Polish Workers 30 Years Ago

During the GOP primary debate Thursday evening, candidate Sen. Marco Rubio claimed that front-runner Donald Trump once hired illegal Polish workers to perform some work for him — and that he later paid a $1 million fine for it.

According to the fact-checking website PolitiFact, Rubio sort of lied.

About 30 years ago, Trump hired a contractor to tear down an old building to make room for the Trump Tower. Instead of only signing on workers from the local labor union, however, the dishonest contractor decided to fetch 200 illegal Polish workers and have them complete the rest of the work.

A few years later in 1983, members from the labor union filed a suit against their union boss, the aforementioned contractor and Trump, arguing that all three had cheated them out of pensions and welfare funds. They claimed that the billionaire businessman himself owed them $1 million.

When Trump appeared in court seven years later, he denied knowing anything about the illegals.

“Nobody’s proven to me that they were were illegal,” he reportedly said.

The judge ruled against him regardless and ordered that he pay the union workers about $325,000. Trump appealed the ruling but later settled out of court.

Trump’s sub-contractor, not Trump himself, had hired the illegal immigrants for the project.

“Rubio’s statement is partially accurate but missing that context,” PolitiFact ruled regarding Rubio’s attack on The Donald. “We rate Rubio’s claim Half True.”

In other words, Rubio sort of lied. And moreover, the “half true” lie failed, as Trump deflected it by pointing out that neither Rubio nor anyone else on the stage had ever hired anybody, since they very little private sector experience in the first place.

Nice try, Rubio, but PolitiFact and Trump got you.

Edited by girljulieta
  • Upvote 3

I may hate myself tomorrow morning for jumping into this conversation, but here goes. Last I knew we have an immigration department, a very underfunded department. but an immigration department. Politicians on both sides have refused to take responsibility to increase funding because it doesn't bring money back to the home base. I know of several cases of people applying for citizenship that have dragged on for 8-10-12 years even though all the paperwork had been submitted.  Intimidated by the process? I would be too. Soooo! It's easier to live illegally than have to go through the process. Plus you get all the benefits without having to pay taxes. Now we get back to why they came here. MONEY!!!!!! Somebody needs to check out how much is wired back to home countries each month(Western Union or others). With a PayPal account I can transfer money to my mother in India right now(or China, or Poland, or pretty much anywhere else). I have stood in line at the local grocery or anywhere that makes transfers. On Friday night. $1800 was shipped back to Mexico within 20 minutes. I know because I had to translate for most. $75 here, $100 there, you get the drift. Thing is, you will not go to any other country and get the same reception that they do here. All Politicians should be set down in a foreign country with no documentation and no money, then we would have some change. We have enough of our own people trying to game the system(politicians especially) that we don't need anymore. So instead of focusing on the dreamers or the guy who is a good carpenter, we need to focus on changing the system. SOOOOO!  That means that everyone on this thread needs to get in touch with their senators and reps and make a call to action and threaten them with a recall if it doesn't happen. Until you people start bitching loud and clear and on a daily basis, nothing will happen. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Should be nothing go through congress without an 80 percent approval from all the registered voters. You're not registered you don't count. That's my dime's worth.  

• Upvote 3