Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq is applying for membership in the European Bank

7819.jpg

money and business

Economy News _ Baghdad

Iraq has submitted a formal request to become a member of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to receive support from it, the Reuters news agency reported on Wednesday.

The agency said in a news item, "Economy News", that the Iraqi authorities have filed a formal request in a recent letter and that is scheduled to discuss the request for membership in the meeting of the 66 governments to contribute to the bank in Jordan today.

"We can confirm that we received the request for membership, so that Iraq is the state of our operations, and we will ask this question to the shareholders to know their point of view and take a decision in this regard," the bank spokesman said.

"If Iraq succeeds, the number of countries in which the bank operates will be 30," he said.

The bank was set up in 1991 to help the former Soviet Union move towards capitalism and the free market. The MLB now operates from Morocco in North Africa through central and south-eastern Europe to Mongolia in East Asia. 

Views 9   Date Added 05/09/2018

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Iraq is applying for membership in the European Bank

12:58 - 09/05/2018

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9

Information / Translation

Iraq has submitted a formal request to become a member of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to receive support from it, the Reuters news agency reported on Wednesday.

The Iraqi authorities have made a formal request in a recent letter and the membership request is due to be discussed at the meeting of the 66 governments contributing to the bank in Jordan today, the agency said in a news release.

"We can confirm that we received the request for membership, so that Iraq is the state of our operations, and we will ask this question to the shareholders to know their point of view and take a decision in this regard," the bank spokesman said.

"If Iraq succeeds, the number of countries in which the bank operates will be 30," he said.

The bank was set up in 1991 to help the former Soviet Union move towards capitalism and the free market. The MLB now operates from Morocco in North Africa through central and south-eastern Europe to Mongolia in East Asia. Ending / 25 z

http://www.almaalomah.com/2018/05/09/307945/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

09-05-2018 02:01 PM
image.php?token=4a0ec828c87ba56ee68a18d1b61c87f1&size=

The agency said that the Iraqi authorities have filed a formal request in a recent letter and that it is scheduled to discuss the request for membership in the meeting of the 66 governments to contribute to the bank in Jordan today. 

"We can confirm that we received the application for membership, so that Iraq is the state of our operations, and we will ask this question to the shareholders to know their point of view and take a decision in this regard," said the bank spokesman. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, vomer said:

My simple mind tells me that a more worthy currency may be necessary for acceptance.

Maybe, but it appears that Estonia is a member and their currency is only worth 0.076 cents. However all of the other members DO have internationally tradable currencies. So hopefully that is a requirement..?

:crossedfingers:

• Upvote 4

Yes,  you can look at these other currencies that are low like Vietnam and such and say they are only worth pennies like Iraq. Difference is, I can go into a bank and trade their currencies right now, with the dinar, I can't. Making them International puts us one step closer for them to bring out their true rate that we are all hoping for.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Either this is being reported after the fact, as in this application is already in the works  ( their news releases in some cases are even slower than the GOI )  or . . . How long is this gonna take?

I agree, 10 Years Later, AND The Best Of Your Wednesday To You!!! :tiphat:

I don't always trust the news articles are up to date or entirely accurate. The information given the Iraqi News Media may be incomplete or misconstrued in the articles. I caught a couple articles a while back that had misleading old information with some current information updated in them.

So, "SUDDENLY" a 'SURPRISE" may be upon us while the necessary measures have been achieved but not in the news articles to prevent counter productive speculation.

Just my thoughts, opinion, and :twocents:

In The Mean Time............................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3