Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iran deal: Trump breaks with European allies over nuclear agreement

How Trump's Iran deal exit could hit aviation, oil and car industries

Billions of dollars of deals signed by international companies are under threat

Wed 9 May 2018 13.02 BST

By  Rob Davies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/09/how-trump-iran-deal-exit-could-hit-aviation-oil-and-car-industries

It was a bad deal and should have been discarded. Almost $150 billion in cash that was secretly given to them? Come on, that in itself screams it was wrong and messed up from the beginning. That money will be funneled to their terrorist organizations and used against us. Obama just paid his muslim friends off with it. The only thing we should send Iran is a few ICBM's. People seem to forget what this country has done in the past and is continuing to do covertly. As far as Israel is concerned, I stand behind them. I do not think they are too worried about it. I also stand behind a President that supports them like President Trump is doing right now. As long as we, as a country, stand behind Israel we will be fine too, as it is written.

Genesis 12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

Genesis 12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

So it has been, is, and shall always be!

Thank You, 8th ID, AND The Best Of Your Wednesday To You!!! :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I'm betting those oil companies are loving their new tax cut... How about you?

Why yes I am. And I sure hope they are enjoying them too. They can now put more money back into the company, more research, better/more equipment. All of that turns into more jobs and a better and stronger US economy. I guess you missed the part about a stronger US dollar. I want to see the US back on top! It's about time!

Now is the time to open up Alaska and start drilling there too. Drill, baby drill!

• Upvote 2

Just now, 8th ID said:

Why yes I am. And I sure hope they are enjoying them too. They can now put more money back into the company, more research, better/more equipment. All of that turns into more jobs and a better and stronger US economy. I guess you missed the part about a stronger US dollar. I want to see the US back on top! It's about time!

Now is the time to open up Alaska and start drilling there too. Drill, baby drill!

HEAR!!! HEAR!!!

25 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

I want to see the US back on top!

But Trump said a weak dollar is good for America... I'm glad to see you agree with me. I too want a strong dollar.

As a candidate, President Trump emphasized American strength. As president, he is calling for a weak U.S. dollar, a departure from past presidents' economic policies.

Trump's support for a weak dollar, however, is no surprise. A weaker dollar — meaning a dollar that is less expensive in terms of foreign currency — would help achieve some of his major goals for the economy, especially stimulating U.S. manufacturing and limiting imports.

“I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting — that will hurt ultimately,” Trump said, before suggesting that the phrase “strong dollar” could be misleading.

His words, not mine..

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Downvote 1

Europe must make Trump pay for wrecking the Iran nuclear deal

Britain should cancel the president’s visit and join with allies to impose diplomatic and economic sanctions on the US

Wed 9 May 2018 11.07 BST

By Simon Tisdall

2560.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=2342443e2344726baaf0b829b1f6b950
  • Downvote 1

EU rushes to arrange crisis meeting with Iran over nuclear deal

Foreign ministers attempt to soothe fears after Trump threatens to hit European businesses trading with Tehran

Patrick Wintour diplomatic editor, and Julian Borger in Washington

Wed 9 May 2018 18.24 BST

1822.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=660b990e8ab70bd8f0a5d9dcafa4c285
Hassan Rouhani, the Iranian president, holds a press conference about Donald Trump pulling the US from the nuclear deal
Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

EU rushes to arrange crisis meeting with Iran over nuclear deal

Foreign ministers attempt to soothe fears after Trump threatens to hit European businesses trading with Tehran

Patrick Wintour diplomatic editor, and Julian Borger in Washington

Wed 9 May 2018 18.24 BST

1822.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=660b990e8ab70bd8f0a5d9dcafa4c285
Hassan Rouhani, the Iranian president, holds a press conference about Donald Trump pulling the US from the nuclear deal
Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

• Downvote 1

Trump’s Iran decision makes world more dangerous, says atomic expert

May 9, 2018 1:13 PM CDT By Morning Star

Trump’s Iran decision makes world more dangerous, says atomic expert
Mohamed el-Baradei, then-Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, briefs the media after a meeting at the Foreign Ministry in Berlin, March 27, 2006. | Markus Schreiber / AP

• Downvote 1

US faces European backlash against Iran sanctions

Senior politicians says Europe will consider countermeasures to keep trading with Iran

Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor

Fri 11 May 2018 12.48 BST

3715.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=65770f9d6babe1b301783bebed5fd7d5
French finance minister Bruno Le Maire said Europe had to defend its economic sovereignty
Photograph: Vassil Donev/EPA

Sunset at Persepolis: Iranians fear Trump has killed tourism boom

Visitors flocked to Isfahan and Shiraz after the nuclear deal, but what happens now?

Fri 11 May 2018 15.44 BST

Saeed Kamali Dehghan Iran correspondent

1728.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=10d1600d408661808b80d014c99178d1
A group of Japanese tourists at Persepolis
Photograph: Vahid Salemi/AP

Bolton and Pompeo push hardline Trump White House position

French and German companies among those with interests in Iran

Sun 13 May 2018 21.19 BST

Jon Swaine

3342.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=5afc9a8d2ef490d1c8a91bb132a01608
John Bolton listens as Donald Trump conducts a cabinet meeting at the White House
Photograph: Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images

By ending the Iran deal, Trump has put America on the path to war

We need to try to talk with Iran’s government, seek a better relationship with the Iranian people, and a more constructive role for Iran in the region

Mon 14 May 2018 17.44 BST First published on Mon 14 May 2018 16.08 BST

By  Bernie Sanders

5184.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=c89bb952b2b40cc1db2f1b5fbc5bd3cf
‘It is folly to imagine that, having unleashed these problems through the misuse of military force, we can solve them in the same way.’
Photograph: Michael Reynolds/EPA

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/14/nuclear-deal-trump-america-war

• Downvote 1