Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Italy looks set for fresh elections as it enters third month without government

'Agreement' on migrants, flat tax, basic income -Di Maio (M5S)

Talks with League's Salvini going well says M5S leader

Redazione ANSA Rome
11 May 201814:58 News

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Italy could have a government by Sunday

Italian anti-establishment and far-right leaders met on Friday to hash out a deal over a joint government that could be announced as soon as Sunday

AFP
11 May 2018
17:26 CEST+02:00

Italy could have a government by Sunday
Matteo Salvini (L) and Luigi Di Maio. Photos: Filippo Monteforte/Alberto Pizzoli/AFP

https://www.thelocal.it/20180511/italy-could-have-a-government-by-sunday

umb's note: Not the type of Gov't I particularly like  but Country needs to be governed anyway...And I (almost) never take anything ( good or bad) for granted....Maybe these gentlemen will be able to impress me favorably and really work for the best of the Nation and the People....Who knows.....Mind open....

We'll know something ( if gov't deal is finally done and a sure thing, with the PM name  which was not revealed so far) hopefully by tomorrow ( Monday)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Italy’s M5S and League parties poised to name a prime minister

Leaders will submit policy programme to president in which they are likely to take tougher stance on EU

Angela Giuffrida in Rome

Mon 14 May 2018 10.30 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/14/italy-m5s-five-star-movement-league-parties-name-prime-minister

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Tried to do for you what I could this morning, Umbertino......sadly my bag of emeralds is already empty......Hahaha....I think they're on to me.  :D

GO RV, then BV

You're very kind and very loyal as usual, my Friend....Don't worry about anything....

This assault towards me had to occur sooner or later ( sure, I know....I did look for it...Ok, conceded) ...

I did expect it myself and I'm already regretting my venting post about me getting negs ( that was childish of me...admitting that too)...That was a definite mistake ( writing that) on my part as that increased the hunt for more blood by a few hating wolves here...Again my fault...

You're ( and others ) a great Individual , Shabs...I did already admire you for your integrity and I do even more now......

Ciao my Friend...It's all fine

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Italy’s M5S and League parties asked for more time to iron out policy

Leaders were expected to name a prime minister and present policy programme to the president

Angela Giuffrida in Rome

Mon 14 May 2018 20.14 BST

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=03292d4a3205b336cc985e78c4434d52
The leader of the League party, Matteo Salvini, talks to journalists after a meeting with his counterpart in the Five Star Movement, Luigi Di Maio, in Milan
Photograph: Flavio Lo Scalzo/EPA

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/14/italy-m5s-five-star-movement-league-parties-name-prime-minister

Markets shrug off prospect of new Italian government - as it happened

All the day’s economic and financial news, as Italy’s League and Movement Five Star move towards forming a new government

Graeme Wearden

Mon 14 May 2018 18.50 BST First published on Mon 14 May 2018 08.19 BST

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

New Italian government put on hold as 'key issues' remain unresolved

The leader of Italy's far-right League party Matteo Salvini said on Monday that there were "key issues" still be settled with the anti-establishment Five Star Movement, likely delaying a mooted deal to form a new government

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

An introductory guide to the (umb's note: complicated) Italian political system

Italian politics is complex and often confusing. Wondering what the president actually does? Why some regions are treated differently? And what about elections? The Local is here to explain

The Local
18 May 2017 (1 year old)
09:04 CEST+02:00

An introductory guide to the Italian political system
The Quirinale presidential palace in Rome. Photo: Alberto Pizzoli/AFP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Soap opera maybe, just maybe coming to an end......

40-page M5s-League contract, also vaccines - sources

Italexit no longer an option

Redazione ANSA Rome
16 May 201819:04 News

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2018/05/16/40-page-m5s-league-contract-also-vaccines-sources_61b77842-1ec9-4ed3-a8b1-19c3308d3c27.html

Populists’ rise to power in Italy sets perilous precedent for EU

Some analysts fear coalition of M5S and the League could tip Italy into a Greek-style crisis

Thu 17 May 2018 12.35 BST

Jon Henley European affairs correspondent

2950.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=094f63316f0f12bfbea6cd66492bb87b
Matteo Salvini, the leader of the League
Photograph: Flavio Lo Scalzo/EPA

Total madness...

Euro Shivers as Analyst Warns Italy can be "the Straw that Breaks the Camel's Back"

• Modified: Thursday, 17 May 2018 07:23
  • Written by Gary Howes

- Markets starting to take notice of potential Italian policy under new leadership

- Damage to Euro still limited at this stage

- But IG warn Italy could still be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel’s back

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eurusd/9082-euro-outlook-amidst-italian-political

Italy's first black minister fears far-right party's government influence

Cécile Kyenge, who is now an MEP, speaks out after the League agrees a power-sharing deal with M5S

Stephanie Kirchgaessner in Rome and Jennifer Rankin in Brussels

Fri 18 May 2018 14.57 BST

2286.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=c6323dbab75bacb3c750c9b32a6df9f9
Cécile Kyenge, pictured in 2013, said: ‘It is very difficult for me to see that a party that accepts it is racist is going to manage law.’
Photograph: Massimiliano Schiazza/EPA

Italy awaits PM nominee after populists unveil government programme

Anti-establishment and far-right parties began haggling over who will be Italy's next prime minister after publishing a joint policy programme on Friday that brought the eurozone's third largest economy a step closer to a populist government

AFP
19 May 2018
04:15 CEST+02:00

Italy awaits PM nominee after populists unveil government programme
Five Star leader Luigi Di Maio suggested he could be a PM candidate. Photo: ANDREAS SOLARO / AFP

https://www.thelocal.it/20180519/italy-awaits-pm-nominee-after-populists-unveil-government-programme

Why economists are worried ( umb's note: and rightly so....It's an authentic economical and political suicide) about Italian populists' government plan

The eurozone may have dodged a bullet when Italian populist parties gave up a plan to exit the single currency, but their free-spending ideas could still set them on a collision course with EU partners, economists said on Friday

AFP
18 May 2018
17:00 CEST+02:00

Why economists are worried about Italian populists' government plan
A woman reads the government programme on the M5S website. Photo: Vincenzo Pinto/AFP

https://www.thelocal.it/20180518/why-economists-are-worried-about-italian-populists-government-plan

Basically these 2 parties have a few things in common ( besides each of them having its strong campaign  points / promises....)

They  both ( that was only half-admitted  so far...) want to get out of the Euro and out of the European Union ( of which Italy is one of the founding Countries, mind you)

This simply means for this disgraced Nation of mine.....The END..... Pure and simple....Becoming like Greece ...Surely much worse.....

Let's hope there's a way to stop this senseless act  ( a suicide)

Edited by umbertino

2 hours ago, caz1104 said:

I read on the internet (so it must be true) that some guy named Mussolini garnered 5% of the votes......story said his numbers would have been much higher if he'd only been........... ALIVE!

You mean the current Mussolini? Alessandra?  She's part of Berlusconi's party ...Forza Italia....

She's Benito's granddaughter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandra_Mussolini

Edited by umbertino

Only partly agreeing but posting anyway...

Italy’s policies make sense, it’s eurozone rules that are absurd

Tax and spending plans will cost around €60bn a year, or 3.5% of Italy’s GDP

Sun 20 May 2018 11.05 BST

By  Larry Elliott

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/20/italys-policies-make-sense-its-eurozone-rules-that-are-absurd

France warns Italy against breaking EU commitments

The stability of the eurozone will be at stake if a populist new government in Italy fails to keep its financial commitments, French Economy Minister Bruno Le Maire warned on Sunday

AFP
20 May 2018
14:42 CEST+02:00

France warns Italy against breaking EU commitments
League leader Matteo Salvini and M5S leader Luigi Di Maio. Photos: Filippo MONTEFORTE, Alberto PIZZOLI / AFP

https://www.thelocal.it/20180520/france-warns-italy-against-breaking-eu-commitments

umb's note:  Agreed....Obviously

Italy's Populists Seek New Premier Amid Euro Warning

By
and
20 maggio 2018, 14:16 CEST Updated on 20 maggio 2018, 20:03 CEST

umb's note: Never heard of Mr. Giuseppe Conte......A huge question mark.......We'll see.....