Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

After 'xxxxhole countries' row, Trump tries flattery with Nigerian president

In his first meeting with an African leader, Trump called Muhammadu Buhari’s homeland ‘beautiful’ and said he would like to visit

Mon 30 Apr 2018 22.37 BST

David Smith in Washington

4500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=9a7dc6af515cf338c08f8a981a5f0ea1
Donald Trump and Muhammadu Buhari at the White House. With regards to the alleged derogatory remarks about African nations Trump said ‘we didn’t discuss it’.
Photograph: Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Umbertino, I said nothing about the people (186m). I spoke of the country as a whole.....it's a sh*hole....facts are facts..no need to PC it.

Hello caz...I know you didn't say anything about the People...I realize that...

I meant only that maybe a Country  ( pretty big, with a lot of People, with its History, etc....but even if it was a small Country really....) in general should deserve a minimum dose of respect....

Sure...Nigeria had its fair share of bad politicians, corruption, probably very bad planning, etc.....But what Country  (esp. in the African continent, but not only), didn't?

And anyway (if I'm not mistaken...) there was never a war between the United States and Nigeria ( which might maybe justify a bad feeling...) ....So that kind of contempt is hard to understand

Again...I know you didn't write about the People....

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

If you just read the title of the article you realize it's just another "Guardian" hit piece on Trump.........Truth is, Trump has been meeting with quite a few world leaders lately......seems Trump is even planning on a meeting with the leader of the ultimate Shithole country......North Korea........how low can he go????

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2