Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete three zeros from the currency question?

GreedyDinar07

4 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

To the best of my knowledge both notes will coexist for a period of time. Last I read it was for a two year period. The rate will be equal no matter which currency you own. Hope this helps  

I just don't know how that's possible.  To me that most definitely means you have 2 years to exchange higher bills for lower bills. After that there will be a new version of notes with three zeroes. That's a long time for two different  bills two exist that have the same value but different amount of zeroes. I hope their wrong about the time or  my thought process is wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If it's a revalue with a rate increase, The  25000 Dinars note would be $25,000 dollars and the 25 dinar note would be worth $25. If it's a lop the 25,000 and the 25 dinar note would be the same value. Of course that's not what we want.

• Upvote 1

By the way I'm just throwing out my opinion.  I like to talk things out with my cohorts.  Together we may figure out what the true intentions are and when they want to implement their plan.  When i worked for a nuclear power plant we had to follow procedure to the letter.  Believe me when I say a nuclear power plant is procedure driven.  My peers and I would talk out situations that would occur and try to rectify them within the procedure guidelines.  The more heads we brought into the discussion the  faster we figured it out.

If they are going to Revalue their currency to its former glory, after the passing of the HCL, then no way are two notes with same value going to exist simultaneously. for 2 years.  It would be a logistical nightmare.   Making a new note with three zeroes would render old three zero worthless after the exchange period.  UNLESS  a new three zero note and the old three zero note existed at the same time.  The new note having the value of the new rate and the old note being valued at the old rate.  That would ensure that all old three zero notes were turned in in two years.  ( I just went crossed eyed).  I know, it's expensive to print new notes.  I don't thinks that's an issue though.

If they float it out of the gate then there will be no need for the two currencies to have the same value and exist side by side.  They will rise equally and both increase at the same rate.  Until it stabilizes all contracts for outside contracting entities , in my opinion, will have to be in dollars or some other stable currency.  

Did I confuse everyone or am I just confused?

BTW, wife is out of the state and I'm on the computer unsupervised. Bwhahahahahahaha

Edited by cranman
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, cranman said:

When i worked for a nuclear power plant we had to follow procedure to the letter.  Believe me when I say a nuclear power plant is procedure driven. 

Is a barn really 1 x 10(-24) cm2? Were You ever concerned about too many barns in the reactor? Also, were you ever concerned about Xe 109 and the stable sustainability of the reaction?

Well, OK, maybe apples and oranges here regarding the type of fuel in the reactor and the decomposition of the isotopes. I suspect the barns is a key metric, though.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Is a barn really 1 x 10(-24) cm2? Were You ever concerned about too many barns in the reactor? Also, were you ever concerned about Xe 109 and the stable sustainability of the reaction?

Well, OK, maybe apples and oranges here regarding the type of fuel in the reactor and the decomposition of the isotopes. I suspect the barns is a key metric, though.

I wasn't an operator or fuel handler. I ran  a crew of armed security officers.  We handled access control,  perimeter security, testing of systems, personnel and vehicle searches, alarm responses etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, cranman said:

I wasn't an operator or fuel handler. I ran  a crew of armed security officers.  We handled access control,  perimeter security, testing of systems, personnel and vehicle searches, alarm responses etc.

...Cool...I ran task order field opps. on all FOB spec. perimeters, access. and personnel Force Protection compliance....

• Upvote 3

On 5/3/2018 at 10:27 PM, cranman said:

I just don't know how that's possible.  To me that most definitely means you have 2 years to exchange higher bills for lower bills. After that there will be a new version of notes with three zeroes. That's a long time for two different  bills two exist that have the same value but different amount of zeroes. I hope their wrong about the time or  my thought process is wrong.

That is correct. I will try to find the link and post it for you. 

• Like 1

It will be good for us.  Here is a link that has some more info. I will try the CBI site to get a better link.

Think of it this way. The US issued new $100.00 bills awhile back. Both the old and the new are still good as legal tender. In Iraq case they are putting a time limit on it. My guess, as they have been doing for sometime(trying to bring in the old notes), is to get people to bring as much  of the old currency out there and open accounts. They have pushed selling gold and have talked about damage note exchange. 

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"I believe Shabibi said the currencies were to coexist for 2 years inside the country and up to 10 outside the country. "

Is this from the time of the RV? Does anyone remember when they printed the new notes? I would hope it is , or is it an indicator of their clock ticking to get this done