Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Post on Warka FB page 19 April 2018

NMP2017

another new post on the Warka FB page though nothing on their website yet. I've asked on the Iraqi Warka Victimes FB page for a translation and will post any that happens. Can anyone here translate the 2 documents?

https://www.facebook.com/WarkaBank/p...type=3&theater

translation of 1st page:

By Warka Bank for Investment and Financing, Department of Banking Awareness and Public Protection: According to the instructions of the Iraqi Central Bank concerning updating the clients' information, kindly visit us in order to update your information within a period of 60 days from the first of May 2018, otherwise your accounts will be frozen.

• Thanks 1

apparently the other page is instructions for the client for when they go to fill out the forms at Warka Bank. how to give information, how to fill out the forms etc. Didn't get a number by number translation.

I'm going to email Mr Issa on sunday and see if this has anything to do with foreigners

Edited by NMP2017
  • Thanks 2

Well folks I just logged into my Warka account an they did exactly what they said they were going to do, they obviously sold some are all of my ISX holdings. This is after I sent in the documents they requested. Anybody else have a big deposit into your Dinar account yesterday? I'll try to post a snap shot of how it reads...I deleted all the numbers

Transaction Date EXPLANATION TEXT VALUE DATE DEBIT AMOUNT CREDIT AMOUNT
18/04/2018 BALANCE B/F          
18/04/2018 EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER بيع شراء اسهم - مصرف بغدادMAIN 18/04/2018        
18/04/2018 EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER بيع شراء اسهم - مصرف كوردستانMAIN 18/04/2018        
18/04/2018 EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER بيع شراء اسهم - المصرف التجاريMAIN 18/04/2018        
18/04/2018 EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER بيع شراء اسهم - فندق بغدادMAIN 18/04/2018        
18/04/2018 EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER بيع شراء اسهم - مصرف اشورMAIN 18/04/2018        
18/04/2018 EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER بيع شراء اسهم - مصرف الائتمانMAIN 18/04/2018        

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Did WARKA BANK sell any of you people's ISX stocks? Maybe my previous post wasn't fully understood, they sold our ISX stocks HELLO...

I turned in my paperwork to buy the shares they offered an they sold my ISX portfolio anyway. 

Qustion to the board....Did Warka Bank sell anyone else ISX portfolio??????

7 hours ago, DoD said:

Did WARKA BANK sell any of you people's ISX stocks? Maybe my previous post wasn't fully understood, they sold our ISX stocks HELLO...

I turned in my paperwork to buy the shares they offered an they sold my ISX portfolio anyway. 

I have read of one person having their proxy shares sold but not shares were held in the ISX. Email Mr Issa onsunday and see what his response is. I don't have any shares at the moment though I did send the info to buy some in the upcoming Warka share sale

14 hours ago, DoD said:

Well folks I just logged into my Warka account an they did exactly what they said they were going to do, they obviously sold some are all of my ISX holdings. This is after I sent in the documents they requested. Anybody else have a big deposit into your Dinar account yesterday? I'll try to post a snap shot of how it reads...I deleted all the numbers

18/04/2018 BALANCE B/F          

This is insane!

10 hours ago, DoD said:

This hasn't happened on my end yet.....but I would imagine they would spread this all out over a period of time.

Up until the past few months I have always had good response from Warka if something came up.  I also sent in my requests for my individual account and never have heard a word back..........sent 3 requests for status.

Have to agree with @GregHi on why the citizens of Iraq don't trust the Banks.  Frankly I don't trust anything Iraq, and if this change in value occurs, I will be long gone. 

No plans for investing in Iraq.  Who knows, they may do great, but lots of other places to invest without the potential head aches.......JMO CL

Edited by coorslite21
  • Upvote 2

I contacted the person who helped me get into Warka an the ISX when we were in Baghdad an he said they deposited over 13k in his Dinar account also. His thinking is that these sold shares are the ones that Warka held in proxy an we still own the shares that were  transferred. I know this person had at least 3 times the 13k worth of stocks in the ISX, time will tell if we will get the rest of our ISX holdings...  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DoD said:

18/04/2018 BALANCE B/F          

Do you know which shares you had were still proxy shares? You can translate the arabic in your table and it looks like most are bank shares. That may tell you if it was proxy shares sold. I think you can access any shares held by ISX using your ISX number? Someone else will know more than me on ISX matters :)

15 minutes ago, NMP2017 said:

Do you know which shares you had were still proxy shares? You can translate the arabic in your table and it looks like most are bank shares. That may tell you if it was proxy shares sold. I think you can access any shares held by ISX using your ISX number? Someone else will know more than me on ISX matters :)

"I think you can access any shares held by ISX using your ISX number? "

How do you know? Do you have a link? 

That would be get info if it were true.

I would be curious which company shares are being sold off since only 30 companies are trading currently. I know I have shares in companies which have not been trading for months. Just wondering if those companies "not trading" are able to pay out for the proxy shares?

Thursday - April 19th

Traded Companies            30
High Companies            6
Low Companies            9
General Assembly            0
Stop Tradeding From ISC            22
Not Traded Companies            50

1 hour ago, jb4388 said:

"I think you can access any shares held by ISX using your ISX number? "

How do you know? Do you have a link? 

That would be get info if it were true.

I'm probably wrong then, thought I had read here or other website a person saw their shares using their ISX number. I can't say for sure as I don't have any stocks.

1 hour ago, jb4388 said:

I would be curious which company shares are being sold off since only 30 companies are trading currently. I know I have shares in companies which have not been trading for months. Just wondering if those companies "not trading" are able to pay out for the proxy shares?

Thursday - April 19th

Traded Companies            30
High Companies            6
Low Companies            9
General Assembly            0
Stop Tradeding From ISC            22
Not Traded Companies            50

Copy and pasted the arabic from the table posted in this thread into google and they translated into:

Sale of shares - Bank of Baghdad
Sale of shares - Bank of Kurdistan
Sell Buying Stocks - Commercial Bank
Sell Buying Stocks - Baghdad Hotel
Sale of shares - Bank of Assyria
Sell Buy Stocks - Credit Bank

17 minutes ago, NMP2017 said:

Copy and pasted the arabic from the table posted in this thread into google and they translated into:

Sale of shares - Bank of Baghdad
Sale of shares - Bank of Kurdistan - last time they traded was April 5th @ $1.30 (did you receive that or close to it for your shares?)
Sell Buying Stocks - Commercial Bank
Sell Buying Stocks - Baghdad Hotel
Sale of shares - Bank of Assyria
Sell Buy Stocks - Credit Bank

2 hours ago, jb4388 said:

Sale of shares - Bank of Kurdistan - last time they traded was April 5th @ $1.30 

(I'm wondering if DoD received that or close to it for those shares?)

jb, I will go back an see what these stocks have been trading for but at first glance it appears they sold all my portfolio. I had sold down to those 6 stocks an it looks like Warka just sold everything. If I can get all my money showing in my Dinar account out after the RV I will be happy...

I opened up the last trading session from the ISX an checked the sell price against the Warka spreadsheet in my account an they did sell all my shares at that rate (or pretty close) plus the fee I'm sure. It appears I am now completely out of the ISX, I guess I'm just a cash holder now. Is this a blessing in disguise, I'm thinking I will find out in the near future...

33 minutes ago, DoD said:

I opened up the last trading session from the ISX an checked the sell price against the Warka spreadsheet in my account an they did sell all my shares at that rate (or pretty close) plus the fee I'm sure. It appears I am now completely out of the ISX, I guess I'm just a cash holder now. Is this a blessing in disguise, I'm thinking I will find out in the near future...

Thanks for your reply. Sorry things didn't work out for you. But like yo said it may have been the right thing. Who knows..

My brother was in the same boat although he didn't send Warka a notice to keep his shares in his name. He only had a few stocks and decided to let them go.

He had 3 of them sold off as well this week.

EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER
   Sale of shares - Bank of Baghdad MAIN
EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER
    Sale of shares - Middle East Bank
EXECUTE EQUITY ORDER \
    Sale of shares - Bank of the North MAIN

On 4/19/2018 at 5:54 PM, MariG said:

Hello, Im semi new and just got done reading Adams book - so should I now be looking into opening a Warka account?

MariG, I can only give you my opinion, but I would not open an account with Warka, as a means to diversify, if I was in your position I would follow the steps in Adam's book for trading on the ISX, then set up an Iraqi brokerage account and buy stocks.  The ISX section can help guide you.