Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament ended today and will meet only after the elections

yota691

BAGHDAD / Al-Ghad Press: 

A member of the parliamentary legal committee, Salim Shawqi, on Thursday, the reasons for not holding meetings of the House of Representatives. 

"The House of Representatives enters the fifth month of the legislative holiday of the separation, but is supposed to attend the House of Representatives in the remaining 11 days to complete the quorum and extend his work for an additional month to vote on the important laws that have been prepared," Shawki said.

He added that "the reason for not holding meetings is that the deputies who are candidates for the upcoming elections do not attend the meetings and other deputies who are not candidates for the elections, many of them traveled to countries and resorts and the third is that some of the blocs and their ministers have a vote to withdraw confidence and conviction or not to answer and the presence of a quorum affects the lack of confidence on their ministers, Noting that "the remaining age of the legislative term 11 days and these days with the presence of electoral propaganda and other reasons do not expect to be a quorum, but we hope the need to attend the deputies." 

"We have laws in the parliamentary law, some of them have been voted on and others need to complete the vote," he said. "Not voting means deporting them to the next session.

He pointed out that "the limits of the 20 law reached the stage of voting and these laws affect the lives of citizens such as the Association of nursing clubs sports, accounting system and the Federal Court and some important committees in the cases of Tuz Khurmato and in cases of violations that occurred in some areas.
  • Upvote 1

History of edits:: 2018/4/19 9:46 • 218 times readable
Deputy reveals the recovery of financial deductions of absentee MPs
[Ayna - Baghdad] 
ruled out MP from the coalition of state law Mansour al - Baiji hold a meeting of the House of Representatives during the remainder of its current session even if the Presidency of the Presidency call for a hearing in the coming days.
Al-Baiji said in a statement received by the agency of all Iraq [where] a copy of it, that "has been called for a meeting of more than three times and was not held because of the lack of quorum for the meeting for the failure of most members of the House of Representatives because of preoccupation with their campaigns or lack of desire to vote on the laws Which has not received political consensus and has been delayed to this day. " 
He added that "the Presidency of the House of Representatives bear the full responsibility to disrupt the work of the Council and the convening of a meeting for a long time because they did not take real deterrent measures against all the deputies who did not attend the meetings and only financial deductions, often returned to absentee MPs and did not constitute a strong deterrent because of their absence "He said.
Al-Baiji pointed out that "all the laws that will go to the next session will be dealt with by new laws in the next session and this is a great loss, not to mention the interrogations that were obtained and did not vote on the conviction or not, it will end with the end of the current session and this is unfortunate that the Presidency is responsible The whole being failed and did not take the real actions to prevent the interruption of the Representatives are negatively affected the holding of meetings and this is not acceptable permanently. " 
The House of Representatives, failed yesterday in its meeting because of the lack of quorum for the concerns of MPs in their propaganda campaigns for the upcoming elections scheduled for 12 May next. 
The Presidency of Parliament postponed the meeting to another notice and held it "when necessary".
The council's decision, Niazi, said that "the rules of procedure sets the 30th of June next date for the end of the work of the House of Representatives," noting that "the Parliament can at any time during this period to hold a meeting, either regular or emergency to discuss matters that happen or updates of the political situation as necessary" . 
It is noteworthy that the House of Representatives, voted on 29 January last to double the fine of the absence of deputies from the sessions to one million dinars after it was 500 thousand dinars. Ended
  • Upvote 1

Deputy: The Presidency of the Parliament bears full responsibility to disrupt the work of the Council

BAGHDAD / The obituary: MP from the coalition of state law, Mansour al-Baiji, Thursday, April 19, 2018, that the House of Representatives will not meet again during the remaining age, even if the Presidency called for a hearing in the coming days. 

"The meeting was called for more than three times and the meeting was not held due to the lack of quorum for the meeting because most of the members of the House of Representatives because of preoccupation with their election campaigns or the unwillingness to vote on the laws of the stalled, which did not obtain political consensus And has been disrupted to this day. " 

He explained that "the Presidency of the Council of Representatives bear full responsibility to disrupt the work of the Council and the convening of the meeting for a long time because they did not take a real deterrent action against all the deputies who did not attend the meetings and only financial deductions that often returned to absentee MPs did not constitute a strong deterrent because of their absence "He said.

"All the laws that will go to the next session will be dealt with as new laws, and this is a great loss, not to mention the interrogations that took place and the vote was not decided on whether or not it will end with the end of the current session. This is regrettable. The whole being failed and did not take the real actions to prevent the interruption of the deputies of deputies are negatively reflected on the holding of meetings and this is not acceptable permanently. "

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/133999/نائب-رئاسة-البرلمان-تتحمل-كامل-المسؤولية-لتعطيل-عمل-المجلس

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This MOB is just a REAL PIECE OF WORK ! They hold the fate of their country and its people in their hands, and opportunities draining away long like water through their fingers. 

Something elsa has to be at play here. Investors chomping at the bit, CBI getting it together Abadi and his crew working. WB & IMF in on every move. More than meets the eye 👁 to all of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, boosterbglee said:

My only question.....does the new Parliament have to start over in the process of reading the laws....AGAIN?

:pirateship:

I would like to think they would pick up where the last mob of foot dragging mouth breathers left off: however, even if there is “ new blood “ injected into this bleeding body of Parliamentarians, don’t be surprised ( like anything these fools does anymore ) if they call a “ Mulligan “ and start ALL OVER again. 

I hope I am so wrong on this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Something elsa has to be at play here. Investors chomping at the bit, CBI getting it together Abadi and his crew working. WB & IMF in on every move. More than meets the eye 👁 to all of this.

one can only hope 10YL , i have had that thought for years now , abadi has helped iraq , maliki ect.wrecked it and has made progress more of a recovery from his hot mess to the point imo of having the sense of real progress now,  just in time for new elections to possibly put iraq on yet another different route the news has been encouraging this year and hopefully investors can achieve their goals .. #beyond ready ... cheers 

• Upvote 2

as long as they're getting paid, they don't care. Trump needs to step in and let Abadi and the parliament know that all support from the US will end if they can't get to quorum every time they have a session.

Let Abadi know that his country and it's govt, in no uncertain terms, is a joke to the world.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

one can only hope 10YL , i have had that thought for years now , abadi has helped iraq , maliki ect.wrecked it and has made progress more of a recovery from his hot mess to the point imo of having the sense of real progress now,  just in time for new elections to possibly put iraq on yet another different route the news has been encouraging this year and hopefully investors can achieve their goals .. #beyond ready ... cheers 

Agreed 3n1 - still though: have this nagging feeling because it’s Iraq, a turn of events foreseeable or unforeseen could throw a ringer at it all. Thus, the whole process could be in jeopardy and waiting really does then become a way of life.

This GOI has no sense of urgency ( or is all this stalling part of a larger scheme ). This unfinished agenda should have been completed and the RV prior to elections. Leaving all this to the next mob just smells rotten. What a Soap Opera.

We wait. . . For positive results “ in the near future “. :rocking-chair:

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

What I am wondering is what happens if they just dont pull this off.. they don't care about their citizens etc.. why are these countries who put their own money into helping them rebuild going to call payable or just cut them off .. I realize 15 yrs is not the normal for a war torn country , but logically speaking with all the countries pitching on to get this done its not out of reach to think they could/should be done by now ..

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Agreed 3n1 - still though: have this nagging feeling because it’s Iraq, a turn of events foreseeable or unforeseen could throw a ringer at it all. Thus, the whole process could be in jeopardy and waiting really does then become a way of life.

This GOI has no sense of urgency ( or is all this stalling part of a larger scheme ). This unfinished agenda should have been completed and the RV prior to elections. Leaving all this to the next mob just smells rotten. What a Soap Opera.

We wait. . . For positive results “ in the near future “. :rocking-chair:

back atcha ... so many of the  major and important laws were hung out to dry with only needing a final vote either we're completely misunderstanding or still cards to be dealt like we see after the fact in every move they make .... this is from a previous article .... :rake:

The parliamentary legal committee revealed on Wednesday the deportation of legislation and important laws amounting to about 20 legislation and law to the next session.
The committee chairman, Muhsin al-Saadoun, said in a press statement that the legal committee, which is entrusted with about 20 legislations and laws, will go to the next session, indicating that they include the Federal Court Law, the Oil and Gas Law and the Council's Law. Parliament can legislate it, although it needs to vote only on the selection of candidates representing the constituents, in order to form a council that will act as a body responsible for the distribution of applications for employment in state institutions. 
He added that the proposed law on graft (where you will) to the next session to be legislated in the future.
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, js214 said:

What I am wondering is what happens if they just dont pull this off.. they don't care about their citizens etc.. why are these countries who put their own money into helping them rebuild going to call payable or just cut them off .. I realize 15 yrs is not the normal for a war torn country , but logically speaking with all the countries pitching on to get this done its not out of reach to think they could/should be done by now ..

O' i hear u JS, the amount of money, resources and help for this country is what has kept me engaged but also lets me know everyone around the world knows something is at play also  , very few countries has had the world run to them like iraq , we see the obvious with the natural resources i believe it goes beyond all that , it is in fact the " cradle of civilization "....

• Upvote 1

An the poor ole dumb Iraqis are just like the poor ole dumb Americans, they just keep voting them back into office. They complain about all the corruption an keep voting the same crooks right back in, there a saying about doing the same thing over an over an expecting a different outcome...let me find that quote...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, js214 said:

Parliament has postponed the country from moving forward IMHO.  The Council of Ministers voted on a bunch of things the other day.  I say they take those important laws to be voted on in parliament and sent em over to the Council of Ministers. But I bet they'd get them done!  :rolleyes:  I hate politics and this probably can't be done, but it felt good to just say it. :lmao:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 3n1 said:

back atcha ... so many of the  major and important laws were hung out to dry with only needing a final vote either we're completely misunderstanding or still cards to be dealt like we see after the fact in every move they make .... this is from a previous article .... :rake:

The parliamentary legal committee revealed on Wednesday the deportation of legislation and important laws amounting to about 20 legislation and law to the next session.
The committee chairman, Muhsin al-Saadoun, said in a press statement that the legal committee, which is entrusted with about 20 legislations and laws, will go to the next session, indicating that they include the Federal Court Law, the Oil and Gas Law and the Council's Law. Parliament can legislate it, although it needs to vote only on the selection of candidates representing the constituents, in order to form a council that will act as a body responsible for the distribution of applications for employment in state institutions. 
He added that the proposed law on graft (where you will) to the next session to be legislated in the future.

The same rhetoric we read time and again, huh. Good lord, we could be here a while yet, couldn’t we ? There’s no change in the tune. Unless there’s serious blowback from WB IMF: irate investors pulling out or any other Big Nobs that wanna chime in, it’s just going to be foot dragging as usual.

Seeing they had no sense of urgency with so much at stake prior to the elections, they’ll show even less enthusiasm after the elections are over to “ get right to the priorities “ - it won’t matter a tinkers damn if the GOI is ready to go. The entire future of Iraq is the hands of the most appalling, lazy, shiftless & corrupt Mob of bureaucrats to ever come down the Pike.

— it really will take a miracle, won’t it . . . I hope I’m proven wrong on this. 

• Upvote 2

One thing to add here. . . Just exactly how much of a threat is Maliki & his cohorts during this election cycle. I don’t think he should be dimissed or underestimated. 

Leaving laws undone and not getting the IQD to the Global Arena before the election ( & how much influence on others behind the scenes did Maliki & friends have with all of this ) may prove disastrous.  Hope I’m wrong and all goes well with a RV quickly after the elections.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

The same rhetoric we read time and again, huh. Good lord, we could be here a while yet, couldn’t we ? There’s no change in the tune. Unless there’s serious blowback from WB IMF: irate investors pulling out or any other Big Nobs that wanna chime in, it’s just going to be foot dragging as usual.

Seeing they had no sense of urgency with so much at stake prior to the elections, they’ll show even less enthusiasm after the elections are over to “ get right to the priorities “ - it won’t matter a tinkers damn if the GOI is ready to go. The entire future of Iraq is the hands of the most appalling, lazy, shiftless & corrupt Mob of bureaucrats to ever come down the Pike.

— it really will take a miracle, won’t it . . . I hope I’m proven wrong on this. 

True comments.. but we could be months away  because if there is a major swing of votes at the elections and old politicians are replaced by a new guard we must take in to account a settling in period and these new politicians also have to acquaint themselves with the knowledge pertained in these laws.. Another issue to consider is that nothing will happen in terms of value to their currency till they have complied with the  IMF rule of engagement 2% for 90 days... Still about 60 days to go in my calculations ...

5 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I would like to think they would pick up where the last mob of foot dragging mouth breathers left off: however, even if there is “ new blood “ injected into this bleeding body of Parliamentarians, don’t be surprised ( like anything these fools does anymore ) if they call a “ Mulligan “ and start ALL OVER again. 

I hope I am so wrong on this.

It is Ground Hog Day every time they meet.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

True comments.. but we could be months away  because if there is a major swing of votes at the elections and old politicians are replaced by a new guard we must take in to account a settling in period and these new politicians also have to acquaint themselves with the knowledge pertained in these laws.. Another issue to consider is that nothing will happen in terms of value to their currency till they have complied with the  IMF rule of engagement 2% for 90 days... Still about 60 days to go in my calculations ...

Too right, You're Points are Valid Ole Son . . . I've been a might grumpy with these monkeys of late.

There's Slow. . . then there's Arab Slow . . . Then there's " Gosh Damn It, Losing my Patience ,You're Really Freaking Iraqi Sloooow . . . Sloooooow . . . Sloooooooooow ! ! ! ! !  <_<

Thanx . . . have a good evening NI :tiphat:

• Haha 1

• yota691 changed the title to Parliament ended today and will meet only after the elections