Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 04/15/2018

yota691

Just wow...they are talking about replacing damage notes...also has an implication of introducing the lower notes at same time. The auction has decreased in sales. I said it last time that it will decrease more until this thing(replace damaged notes n introduction of lower denoms) happens....and boom....the rv

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, navira45 said:

Just wow...they are talking about replacing damage notes...also has an implication of introducing the lower notes at same time. The auction has decreased in sales. I said it last time that it will decrease more until this thing(replace damaged notes n introduction of lower denoms) happens....and boom....the rv

Can you copy and paste the translation please and thank you in advance. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Yota, very much. This is a nice article to start the week off. I recall reading a while ago that the CBI continually replaces old warn out notes, so I ask myself, why would they announce  the i'nstructions  and criteria for replacing them' now?  A change in rate can't come soon enough as far as I'm conceerned. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, davis411 said:

Time

the one thing that I am running out of

43 minutes ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Tell me about it....I think I'm going deaf and blind. Getting old sucks

I am saving for one of those electric carts. The idea of using a walker is killing me. This goes any longer I will be picking out plots.  

Getting old does suck. Lets get this done so can enjoy a few moments. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 4

I tried to get the English version of this article on the CBI site.  This is what I got - no English translation.  It said "Read More", but it's blank.

Instructions and criteria for handling and replacing banknotes

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I tried to get the English version of this article on the CBI site.  This is what I got - no English translation.  It said "Read More", but it's blank.

Instructions and criteria for handling and replacing banknotes

That's exactly what happened in November with the article about the basket of currencies! There's something here!

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, IQD=freedom said:

That's exactly what happened in November with the article about the basket of currencies! There's something here!

I was thinking that too, although I didn't know the same thing happened with an article about the basket of currencies.

Maybe there's stuff they don't want us to know.

Can somebody here put the Arabic article through Google translate?  I don't know how to do that.

Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I was thinking that too, although I didn't know the same thing happened with an article about the basket of currencies.

Maybe there's stuff they don't want us to know.

Can somebody here put the Arabic article through Google translate?  I don't know how to do that.

I tryed google translate. https://translate.google.com/?tr=f&hl=en    Just need to copy the artical internet path into the translate window. It wont translate it. Also, states the file is too large. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

7342.jpg

Banks

Economy News Baghdad

On Monday, the Central Bank of Iraq (CBE) set the terms of non-negotiable banknotes that are repaid after being deposited in the bank. 
The Central Bank said in a statement read by "Economy News" that "the banknotes are not valid for trading if applicable one of the descriptions and compensates the holder of their full value as soon as they are submitted to government and private banks and subsidiaries and deposited in the Central Bank and the corresponding amounts in their accounts." 
The bank said that "one of the conditions of banknotes not valid for trading is if the banknotes are smuggled or damaged, although not torn and not lose part of it, in addition to if the paper was damaged as a result of exposure to water," indicating that "the banknote will be invalid in the case of The banknote consists of two different parts.
"The other condition is that the banknote is affixed to a transparent tape or more along its length or width, or if the banknote was cut in more than one angle or loaned," the central bank said, noting that "the other conditions are if it contains seals or Writings do not affect the appearance of the outside, or if the bank lost 50% of its area. 
The bank noted that "other conditions also if the monetary paper stuck strange materials and affected the features such as inks, dyes, glues, fats and oils, in addition to if the banknote perforated puncture or more and randomly."

Views 37   Date Added 16/04/2018

• Upvote 2

13:03
Last updated
The time now is 02:29 PM
Watch

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press:
The Central Bank of Iraq (CBE) announced on Monday the definition of the non-negotiable banknotes that will be repaid after being deposited in the bank.
The central bank said in a statement received by "Al-Gharab Press" that "the banknotes are not valid for trading if one of the description applies and compensates the holder of their full value once they are submitted to government and private banks and subsidiaries are deposited in the Central Bank and the corresponding amounts in their accounts."
He added that "the characteristics of banknotes are not valid for trading is if the banknotes are flushed or damaged, although not torn and not lose part of it, in addition to damaged paper as a result of exposure to water."
"The banknote will be invalid if it is made up of two different parts of the figures," he said.
"The other conditions are that the banknote is affixed to a transparent tape or more along its length or width, or if the banknote was cut in more than one angle or was loaned, or if it contained seals or writings affecting its outward appearance, or if The bank lost 50% of its area. "
"The other conditions are also the adhesion of foreign substances in the monetary card affect the features such as inks, dyes, glues, fats and oils, or if the banknote punctured puncture or more and randomly."

• Upvote 1

16-04-2018 11:50 AM
image.php?token=c52f588240b6daa169dd36cabe6dd498&size=

The Central Bank of Iraq, on Monday, the terms of the banknotes are not valid for trading, which is compensated after depositing in the bank. 

The bank said that 'the banknotes are not valid for trading if applicable one of the descriptions and compensates the holder of their full value once they are submitted to government and private banks and subsidiaries and deposited in the Central Bank and the corresponding amount in their accounts.' 

The bank said that 'the terms of the banknotes are not valid for trading is if the banknotes are smuggled or damaged, although not torn and not lose part of them, in addition to if the paper was damaged as a result of exposure to water,' indicating that 'the banknote will be invalid in the case of The banknote consists of two parts 'different figures'.

The bank said that 'the other condition is that the banknote is affixed with transparent tape or more along the length or width, or if the banknote was cut in more than one angle or was loaned,' noting that 'the other conditions are if it contains seals or Writings do not affect the appearance of the outside, or if the bank lost 50% of its area '. 

The bank noted that 'other conditions also if the monetary paper stuck to foreign materials and affected the features such as inks, dyes, glues, fats and oils, in addition to if the banknote perforated puncture or more and randomly.' 

It is noteworthy that the banknotes currently circulating in the local markets have been damaged and ripped without any new notes.

• Upvote 1