Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central sales of foreign currency rise 29 million

yota691

7306.jpg

Market

Economy News _ Baghdad

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI)'s foreign exchange sales fell to $ 117.44 million from $ 140.69 million on Wednesday, down 23.25 million dollars.

The Iraqi Council of Ministers decided to consider Thursday an official holiday in the country on the occasion of the martyrdom of Imam Kadhim.

The Central Bank, in a statement received by "Economy News", the exchange rate amounted to 1190 dinars per dollar, in the auction held with the participation of 36 banks, and 3 financial transfer companies.

The bank said the sales were the result of the auction scheduled for Monday, explaining that the total sales for the day amounted to about 186.54 million dollars.

Amounts sold to strengthen bank balances abroad were $ 115.28 million, while cash sales were estimated at $ 2.16 million.

The Central Bank, in the statement, that the sale of amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price "

Views 20   Date Added 15/04/2018

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 

Central Bank of Iraq (CBE) sales of foreign currency on Sunday saw a drop in its auction to $ 117.44 million from $ 140.69 million.

The Central Bank said in a statement received by "Al-Gharab Press" that the exchange rate amounted to 1190 dinars per dollar in the auction, which was held with the participation of 36 banks, and 3 financial transfer companies.

The bank said the sales were the result of the auction scheduled for Monday, indicating that the total sales for the day amounted to about 186.54 million dollars.

Amounts sold to strengthen bank balances abroad were $ 115.28 million, while cash sales were estimated at $ 2.16 million.

The Central Bank said that the sale of the amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price.

The central bank last week recorded a $ 23.25 million decline in the auction.
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Yep BotZ, wife and I would like to get a motor coach, load the flea bags and hit the road for the entire US

A few years ago my husband and I watched that entire tv series that Ken Burns did on the National Parks in the US. Ever since then he’s had the itch to get an RV and go visit them all on one big road trip! 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

IF this thing ever happens...it is GOODBYE to the restaurant business.  I love it, but after 10 years of owning my own place...I am tired.  

My next goal if this happens is to experience VANLIFE!  Wifey and I want to buy a vanagon, travel to the states, do youtube videos about our experiences.  At least for 6 months.  We need to get the restaurant stuff out of our systems.

I plan on  cruising my butt off. See the world

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

HAHA!  You remembered!  The frog will be obtained after the trip.  Can´t go to long away from frogs.  They eat everyday.  My tarantula is another thing.  She has not eaten in 6 months.

Yup, no idea why but I do remember thinking " Hey a Frog ? " now that would be pretty cool.  :)

pp

1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

A few years ago my husband and I watched that entire tv series that Ken Burns did on the National Parks in the US. Ever since then he’s had the itch to get an RV and go visit them all on one big road trip! 

Yup, that's on our bucket list too! Visit all the National Parks!! I'm soooo ready, for sure!!

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Central sales of foreign currency rise 29 million