Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Circulated Banknotes

bostonangler

Here is a little more to the store.

The two series will remain legal tender alongside in circulation until the old are naturally worn out.

In December 2015 Central Bank of Iraq has put into circulation the new issuance of 50000 dinars to accomplish the series of 2013.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

http://ina.iq/eng/2018/04/01/the-iraqi-circulatd-banknotes/

In 2013 the Central Bank of Iraq has upgraded the circulated banknotes the series of 2003…..

The two series will remain legal tender alongside in circulation until the old are naturally worn out.

I was always under the impression that the 25,000 notes AND the new lower denoms were going to co-exist, side by side, but could never figure out how that could make sense, unless there was a LOP.

This article is saying it's the 2003 and 2013 versions of the 25,000 dinar that will co-exist, side by side.  This is a whole 'nuther thing altogether.

Since the ATMs can dispense triple  zero notes, what kind of "educating" do the people need?  

How is the dinar going to be worth more?  Are they going to drop one zero at a time?

Does anyone have any ideas?

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Floridian said:

What about this?

The dinar is still going to 25,000 in Iraq until business comes in and they start to rebuild the country, but the exchange rate will be 10 cents to start.

Does this sound plausible?  

I'm saying 10 cents because the 2 air travel sites, IATA and the Sulaymaniyah Airport both say you are allowed to bring in/out of Iraq $10,000 in foreign currency or 100,000 dinar.

100,000 dinar equates to a 10 cent dinar.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Floridian said:

What about this?

The dinar is still going to 25,000 in Iraq until business comes in and they start to rebuild the country, but the exchange rate will be 10 cents to start.

Does this sound plausible?  

9 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I'm saying 10 cents because the 2 air travel sites, IATA and the Sulaymaniyah Airport both say you are allowed to bring in/out of Iraq $10,000 in foreign currency or 100,000 dinar.

100,000 dinar equates to a 10 cent dinar.

Wtf - Did U Just Ask And Then Answer Ur Own Question ? :blink: 

So How Would We Know That Ur Not Cheating On The Answer ? :o 

And By The Way - The Iraqi Parliament Is Recruiting ‘Up And Coming’ Promising New Talent ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DinarThug said:

Wtf - Did U Just Ask And Then Answer Ur Own Question ? :blink: 

So How Would We Know That Ur Not Cheating On The Answer ? :o 

And By The Way - The Iraqi Parliament Is Recruiting ‘Up And Coming’ Promising New Talent ...

:D  :D  :D 

Yes, I did just ask and answer my own question.  

No one else was answering so I figured I'd better do it.  :lol:

Good idea about applying to the Iraqi Parliament.  They need someone honest in that group.  I might just do it.  

How long does it take to drive there?  :lol:

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, Floridian said:

Yes, I did just ask and answer my own question.  

No one else was answering so I figured I'd better do it.  :lol:

Good idea about applying to the Iraqi Parliament.  They need someone honest in that group.  I might just do it.  

How long does it take to drive there?  :lol:

When you get there RV it to 1 to 1.  

• Haha 4