Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The "REAL" dinar

rockfl9

When an economist or business writer uses the term "dinar" they are speaking of the 1000 dinar note worth 86 cents...  So when Salam Samisen  writes that 1000 dinar (per month) is ABOVE the poverty level he is referring to that dinar .  That would be the equivalent to $860.  This is also the dinar referenced in the SIGIR at 1.17 dinar per dollar..  So the removal of 3 zeros has been in the works for some time.  If Shabibi were in charge it would be done by now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Look at history!

in the last 200 years , how many times has a currency APPRECIATED 10% or more ? NEVER.  It would have been a milestone event in banking history.

In the past 200 years ,how many times has a currency been completely replaced by dropping 3 or more zeros .  DOZENS, some twice.

not much support for even a small RV! 

The pitiful small value to the current dinar may be an embarrassment to Iraqis. a LOP would change that in name  without causing a financial shock . 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Look at the other side of this coin...Has there ever been a sanctions that brought a major OPEC country's currency from $3.40= 1USD to basically nothing...There's really no way to decide the final fate of the dinar...but with everything that's transpired since the imposed sanctions...I'd much rather be holding diner waiting for a growing higher percentages of success...than to not have a dawg in the race...

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

So when Salam Samisen  writes that 1000 dinar (per month) is ABOVE the poverty level he is referring to that dinar .  That would be the equivalent to $860.  This is also the dinar referenced in the SIGIR at 1.17 dinar per dollar

if my dinar was worth 1.17 dinar to a dollar, my 25,000 dinar would be worth, $21,367.52... I'm good with that.

B/A

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, skeetdog said:

Look at the other side of this coin...Has there ever been a sanctions that brought a major OPEC country's currency from $3.40= 1USD to basically nothing...There's really no way to decide the final fate of the dinar...but with everything that's transpired since the imposed sanctions...I'd much rather be holding diner waiting for a growing higher percentages of success...than to not have a dawg in the race...

Sanctions has little to do with the current rate. That was the old Iraq. In 2003 the clock resets. A whole new economy. That Iraq doesnt exist , never will., i hope , n accept things as they are today..Iraq exists on CURRENT OIL and it is not enough to cover expenses. The more they must borrow the longer it will take to come to a balanced budget.  

Skeet  there a,re  3 dawgs   in  this race LOP  NO LOP and RV .Put  lour money  down and  wait...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Look at history!

in the last 200 years , how many times has a currency APPRECIATED 10% or more ? NEVER.  It would have been a milestone event in banking history.

In the past 200 years ,how many times has a currency been completely replaced by dropping 3 or more zeros .  DOZENS, some twice.

not much support system" rel="">support for even a small RV! 

The pitiful small value to the current dinar may be an embarrassment to Iraqis. a LOP would change that in name  without causing a financial shock . 

"n accept things as they are today"....u might want to listen to your own advise. For someone with NO skin in the game, why should we ever listen to u? a disgruntled EX dinar holder who NOW is a foreign currency expert. NO one knows what Iraq will do in the future...so bringing up the past is irrelevant, except for those looking for the negative.  Hmmmm who might that be? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's no doubt in my mine that the dinar will be RI anywhere close to what the propped-up dinar was before the sanctions...with the SH dinar...There too much documented numbers that support a RI for the dinar @ .34 to .86 cents on an open economy market float...and let the market adjust the value in the worth of the dinar on a international level...Keep in mind also that Iraq is RI'ing the dinar with a first time private sector with a international funded multifacet economy...The dinar has too much potential in just the rehabilitation of their economy...not the mention what the potential will be when the rehabilitation processed is infected into the already thriving economy...I think I'd just keep my seat on this ride...until it comes to a complete stop...

Edited by skeetdog
Brain fart
  • Upvote 2

I agree No one KNOWS  what the CBI WILL DO.. But we should look at what they could possibly do and the probabilities  ..Examine those  in the light of the  costs and effects..   THEY could simply continue with the current dinar and rate . No gain just print more TP.  More WAIT.  Based on history it is the most likely for at least the next 3-4 years.

They could lift the zeros and gradually replace the paper notes. There is a cost , offset by what is spent to regularly refresh the paper anyway.  Again NO gain but there is the danger that the bank could demonatize  any  one  class on demand.  Like the 50s. More WAIT!

Then they could replace ALL the paper at one time.  (30 day exchange).. This is most desirable by the CBI but the most expensve. NO GAIN but the dinar would begin to look like a modern currency with 50,25,10,5,1 classes. This I believe is precursor to becoming an internationally tradeable currency. 

Then there is the RVers DEAM.  INCEASE the value of the existing dinar 1000 times!  THIS would NOT BE EASY.  TO avoid economic collapse they   would have to print and distribute at least 4 new classes of dinar IN SECRET. And when they announced the change the people would have to believe it.  HOW could they pull this off? I  think this would remove all trust in the stability of the dinar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

There's no doubt in my mine that the dinar will be RI anywhere close to what the propped-up dinar was before the sanctions...with the SH dinar...There too much documented numbers that support system" rel="">support a RI for the dinar @ .34 to .86 cents on an open economy market float...and let the market adjust the value in the worth of the dinar on a international level...Keep in mind also that Iraq is RI'ing the dinar with a first time private sector with a international funded multifacet economy...The dinar has too much potential in just the rehabilitation of their economy...not the mention what the potential will be when the rehabilitation processed is infected into the already thriving economy...I think I'd just keep my seat on this ride...until it comes to a complete stop...

Skeetdog , I dont know where you are going with this????  ALL previous  manifestations of the dinar have NO effect. in the present value, There is NO RI . Forget IT.

WHAT multifaceted economy are you speaking of???  Iraq has nothing to sell but oil and gas.

The jury is still out on the results of the Quait  conference .  Most of the offers were really loans ,  The GOI has not accepted them.

Reconstruction will take 10 years, almost like starting over. 

Fasten your seat belt  !!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

VERRY peculiar !!!  Mr. E-rich-K ??? Says that  a bank he bought dinar from 7 yrs ago ,  remembers that and now offers to buy back in exchange for gold/silver coin???? That is a new slant on bank stories.  Except the BANK he referenced is NOT a bank but a metals dealer. Things are getting a little KINKY if you ask me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Skeetdog , I dont know where you are going with this????  ALL previous  manifestations of the dinar have NO effect. in the present value, There is NO RI . Forget IT.

WHAT multifaceted economy are you speaking of???  Iraq has nothing to sell but oil and gas.

The jury is still out on the results of the Quait  conference .  Most of the offers were really loans ,  The GOI has not accepted them.

Reconstruction will take 10 years, almost like starting over. 

Fasten your seat belt  !!!!!

I did not "ruby" your response...I'm the smiley face...Your right on your antics between the old and new currency retrospecs..I'll give you that...Where am coming from is not a thought process worth explaining to individuals that have a mental vendetta against Iraq's 'forming' open economy...

There is NO RI..."Really"....Forget IT..."Really"...I did notice your capitalizing the words 'no and 'it'...your a very impressive kind of guy...good boy...see if you can find the search engine on that little keyboard... Do you ever read the stuff you spew??? You should try lessening and do some research to fine your own results and quit asking elementary questions...Through all your narcissistic wisdom in trying to explain how Iraq, their economy and their currency is a total scam....try looking up how to spell the words you are using to spew your vast amount of intelligents...Quait in the real world....starts the spelling with a capital "K"...and goes something like this.... "Kuwait"...

Edited by skeetdog
Brain fart

On 4/13/2018 at 2:26 PM, caz1104 said:

"n accept things as they are today"....u might want to listen to your own advise. For someone with NO skin in the game, why should we ever listen to u? a disgruntled EX dinar holder who NOW is a foreign currency expert. NO one knows what Iraq will do in the future...so bringing up the past is irrelevant, except for those looking for the negative.  Hmmmm who might that be? 

lmao its pathetic isnt it? i had to unblock him just to see what the hell he is still blabbin about and of course he goes on saying the same crap, talk about a broken record.... but hey lopsters have been  trying to save us all from our shattered dreams for years and guess what no lop yet lol. No one and i mean no one should ever listen to some one with no skin in the game i agree with you caz because they are biased and usually have a motive but im sure rock is educating us with all good intentions right? :rolls eyes:

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, easyrider said:

lmao its pathetic isnt it? i had to unblock him just to see what the hell he is still blabbin about and of course he goes on saying the same crap, talk about a broken record.... but hey lopsters have been  trying to save us all from our shattered dreams for years and guess what no lop yet lol. No one and i mean no one should ever listen to some one with no skin in the game i agree with you caz because they are biased and usually have a motive but im sure rock is educating us with all good intentions right? :rolls eyes:

They haven't got the impact that the lopster's used to have . The investors left can see straight through them. To all lopster' s the IQD is  stock in iraqs bright future. Hope your well easy go rv !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, easyrider said:

Do you think i am crazy?? If I dont believe the dinar is a sound "investment"  WHY would I have any skin in the game".  Call that a bias if you like.  I ask the crucial question "Where will the money come from ?? " and noone has an answer.. Millions of dollars will have to appear from thin air! THAT is not possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

Do you think i am crazy?? If I dont believe the dinar is a sound "investment"  WHY would I have any skin in the game".  Call that a bias if you like.  I ask the crucial question "Where will the money come from ?? " and noone has an answer.. Millions of dollars will have to appear from thin air! THAT is not possible.

Rock, you may be right about the Millions, hell it will be Trillions in USD converted Value that would have to as you say “appear from thin air”. However, back during the 1st Gulf war when the Dinar dived to basically no value, Milions or Billions at the time of USD converted value disappeared.. so who knows what is possible..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi GregHI::  Think. The reason the "sadam dinar " lost value it was printed without any backing .. It was worthless from the start. There was NO value., nothing to DISAPPEAR.   That was a long time ago ,  I dont think there were any investors in the Sadam dollar.

When it comes to dollars or euros only the UST or ECB can produce them .  They have the VALUE to buy things in exchange in the free world.  You cant say that about the IQD. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, easyrider said:

:bravo: Good to see ya Easy

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

It kinda sound like the US dollar.... Well since the 70's anyway.

B/A

I know there is a rumor that there is no gold in Ft.Knox.  But that doesn't matter. The USD is good almost anywhere in the world. In fact , it is even preferred to the local currency. Even in Iraq. 

What's in your wallet? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

Easy isn't here.. Check in RUMORS that is usually where he hangs.

Lopster & Stalker.......not a good look. "some people can't handle the truth" whose truth? Nothing has happened yet.....so there ain't NO truth yet

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Lopster & Stalker.......not a good look. "some people can't handle the truth" whose truth? Nothing has happened yet.....so there ain't NO truth yet

Well U R right .... Nothing has happened. But it has only been 12 years.. Cant expect change OVERNIGHT,  Some things you just have to WAIT FOR!!!!!!

Just finished my taxes so I'm a little giddy.

Edited by rockfl9
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1