Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This will be my last story for a while, I am taking some time off, so much sickness in the family and so many other things to tend to. I wished all you guys much health and happiness and Please remember that God is there and ready to talk with you and guide your path. Those who choose to walk the path by themselves will stumble........God is good and he makes an awesome friend.

You can tell how long ago this story comes from

On a recent trip to the grocery store, I stopped at the Customer Service counter to pick up some pictures I'd left for developing. As I held out my pickup ticket for the clerk, an elderly gentlemen placed an empty water container on the counter beside me. The clerk looked at him and rudely told him that he would have to go to the back of the line and wait if he wanted his deposit back for his container.

The gentlemen asked if he could leave the container with the clerk and pick up his deposit after he had done his shopping. I watched her even get meaner and she told him No, go to the back of the line and wait. Even now the gentlemen was polite but the woman clerk wasn't. Everyone in line could see that the old man had a bad limp and a bad leg and probably as old as he was had waited in more lines in his lifetime than all of us would ever see. This clerk didn't have to be so mean to him. I stepped back and told the old man to go ahead of me and then I turned around to ask the man behind me if he would mine. I also asked all the people in line of which all said no problem. The guy right behind me was tall had a red bandanna on his head, big bushy beard, tattooed arms the size of rain barrels and a leather vest with silver chains. I swallowed hard and asked him if he would mind if this elder gentlemen go ahead of us. Not at all, not at all. He looked at the clerk and then turned and told the young fellow to step up and go ahead. Then he turned back to the clerk and said you don't mind do you. It took a whole ten seconds probably for her to give the man his money and he was on his way. 

I stepped up to the counter and handed the clerk my pickup ticket. While she was doing my order, she mumbled these old people think they can walk right up to my counter and get served before everyone else. I placed both hands on the counter and looked her straight in her eyes. Now I was beginning to  loose my cool. Did you noticed the old man had a bad limp, probably from the war or some mishap in his life that caused it. That gentlemen didn't deserve to be treated with your attitude. You should learn to be kind to older people because you have no clue to what life his served them. What he was asking you would not have hurt you in the least but it would have helped him. If you need this job to pay your bills and feed your family then I suggest you better take a step back and learn some patience otherwise your employment might end. About that time is when the big fellow right behind me said, "That's right and the next time I see you do this to someone else I will ask the manager to remove you."

The clerk was pale faced and didn't know what to say. Between me being medium size and the big man behind me who's appearance fooled me came together with the same answer. An Unlikely pair but our hearts were in the right place.

May GOD bless you and keep you, may he make his face to shine upon you now and forever more........Amen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5