Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trade signed a joint document with the Kurdistan region to complete the files of Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization

From 2010:

Maybe some of you guys still remember this?

The Committee's main task is to seek to reduce the difference between the U.S. dollar and the Iraqi dinar, as well as activating the role of the private sector, commensurate with the efforts to develop the economy of the country." ~

Source: Iraq will become a member of the World Trade Organization soon
13/09/2010 04:35

Baghdad, 13 September (Akaniwz) - A source in the Iraqi government ended their mandates, said Monday that Iraq has made progress in its negotiations to join the WTO, noting that this accession will, in the near future.
http://i55.tinypic.com/214xg7a.jpg
The Task Force Iraq to join the organization was founded on December 13, December 2004, and only that he had submitted a note to join the organization on 16 September 2005, and the adoption of Iraq's observer at the January 24, 2007, and began the meetings of the first round of the Working Group in 2007, followed by a second round of meetings in 2008, then the third round of the end of 2009.

A member of the negotiating committee in the Working Group of Iraq, Ibrahim Zndjeli, told the Kurdish news agency (Akaniwz) "The Iraqi government made considerable progress in seeking to enter Iraq to the World Trade Organization, especially after he was able to obtain assurances from member states of the Organization."

"The Committee's main task is to seek to reduce the difference between the U.S. dollar and the Iraqi dinar, as well as activating the role of the private sector, commensurate with the efforts to develop the economy of the country."

He said it "requires Iraq to open world markets in the Iraq, with the balance customs tariff on goods imported as commensurate with the economic laws in force in the country."

With regard to problems which impede Iraq's accession to the Organization, Zndjeli pointed out that "Member States in the WTO insists on the need to end the file of Iraq's debt in full, and considers this a key condition to allow Iraq to enter as a key member of the Organization."

Was established World Trade Organization under the Convention on TOW Bretton Woods the end of 1944 in the United States, was founded as the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank under the Convention itself, and the organization currently comprises approximately 150 countries.
http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2/180805/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

thanks zul ,yup sure do .. think i bought a million after reading it but i vastly underestimated the plan for thievery corruption and destruction that lay ahead by maliki and all the goi in the years to come ... we wait

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

thanks zul ,yup sure do .. think i bought a million after reading it but i vastly underestimated the plan for thievery corruption and destruction that lay ahead by maliki and all the goi in the years to come ... we wait

Won't be long now...:pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Yes indeed "7" - I commented a few minutes ago in another thread; They say that something is done, when in reality it's still a work in progress. Its duplicitous and misleading, however, " It's What They Does " They'll get there - SOON. 

the waiting continues :rocking-chair:

WTO may need iraq to have a internationally traded currency...but WTO accession will come after the revaluation!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

With regard to problems which impede Iraq's accession to the Organization, Zndjeli pointed out that "Member States in the WTO insists on the need to end the file of Iraq's debt in full, and considers this a key condition to allow Iraq to enter as a key member of the Organization."

This is why I think that this accession to the WTO isn't going to be happening in the very near future.  Any WTO member that has Iraqi debt can hold up this process until they get "satisfaction".  I'm not saying the WTO can't or won't find a way in for Iraq, but not quite yet.  Accession to the WTO is NOT needed for the RI / RV.

BUT.....the very fact that there is "talk" about this bodes well.  It's almost as if people in the know are looking towards what lays next after sudden monetary reform.

• Upvote 3

IMHO This is further evidence that the Iraqi govt is coming into WTO compliance

Ministerial Economic Affairs Committee takes important decisions
April 10, 2018 | 8:48 PM   - The   number of readings: 180 views

Ministerial Economic Affairs Committee takes important decisions

Iraqi Position Network

The Ministerial Committee on Economic Affairs announced on Tuesday a series of important economic decisions and the formation of a committee to study the problems and obstacles that accompanied the implementation of the decision of the Council of Ministers to protect the local product during its 11th session held under the chairmanship of Minister of Planning Salman Jumaili.

"The Ministerial Committee on Economic Affairs headed by Minister of Planning Salman Jumaili decided to allow the Ministry of Agriculture to import the yellow maize grain during the period of scarcity of local production and the import is stopped when there is an abundance of production of this crop enough to fill The local need for feed to help farmers and animal breeders provide feedstocks required to support livestock. "

The statement added that the Committee on Economic Affairs decided during its meeting to form a committee headed by a member of the Committee and the Minister of Industry and Minerals Mohamed Shiaa Sudanese to study the problems and obstacles that accompanied the implementation of the Council of Ministers Resolution 393 of 2017 and aspects related to the protection of local product and support, Its members are representatives of the Central Organization for Standardization and Quality Control, the General Authority for Border Ports, the General Authority of Customs, the Directorate of Fighting Economic Crime, the National Investment Commission, the National Intelligence Service, the Ministry of Agriculture, .

He added that "the committee discussed the reality of border ports and customs and the difficulties facing these parties in the application of regulations and laws on the imposition of customs duties and control of border ports and import mechanisms in order to protect the local product and support the national economy."

He noted that "the committee has hosted the head of the Authority of border ports and inspector general of the Ministry of Finance and Director General of the General Authority of Customs, and a number of directors-general in the ministries of planning, trade, oil, industry and minerals."

The statement said that "the committee discussed the draft Zubayr streams in Basra and recommended the Ministries of Planning and Finance and in coordination with the local government in Basra to study the status of the project and make recommendations to complete the implementation of the project."

The Committee also decided to grant the Ministry of Commerce the authority to negotiate with specialized companies to provide rice and cooking oil for the purpose of providing ration card materials.

The committee also discussed the problems faced by the Iraqi contractors in terms of their contracts with the government. The committee decided to approve the recommendations of the Ministry of Planning to address a number of problems for a group of companies and settle these problems to ensure the rights of these companies in line with the regulations and instructions for the implementation of government contracts.

http://www.al-mawqif.com/87562

Like 0

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

customs determines its responsibility to collect new wages

Customs determines its responsibility to collect new wages

Twilight News    

one hour ago

The General Authority of Customs announced on Thursday that it is not related to the amounts that the border crossing authority started imposing today on importers at the border port of Safwan.

The authority said in a statement to the news agency that it does not take responsibility for delaying the clearance of imported consignments to the public and private sectors as a result of this procedure.

It is noteworthy that the Border Ports Authority directed its directorates to impose a sum of fifty thousand dinars for each truck entering the border port.

• 10 months later...

Al-Hamdani: Iraq seeks to reach the World Trade Organization and integrate it with the global economy

11:44 - 25/02/2019

%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%BA%D8%B1%D9

Information / Baghdad ..

BAGHDAD - Iraq is seeking various ways, activities and activities to reach the WTO agreement and integrate its economy into the global economy, he said.

"Iraq is in dire need of a joint Arab economic project to return to the Arab and international incubator," Al-Hamdani said in a statement received by al-Hamdani in a statement signed during an agreement between the Baghdad Chamber of Commerce and Amman Chamber of Industry. The agreements signed with Jordan will be the real breakthrough for that. "

Al-Hamdani stressed that "Iraq wants to be present at the Arab and international economic events and reach the earliest time to the WTO agreement and the integration of Iraq with the global economy." He pointed out that "the agreements will be an opportunity to reach the ports of the Red Sea through Jordan."

Al-Hamdani pointed out that "Iraq wants Jordan to access international banks, establish economic partnerships with Jordanian business owners and supply goods through Aqaba." Ending / 25

https://www.almaalomah.com/2019/02/25/390573/

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, olivesman said:

YEAH! LET'S GO GLOBAL!

INTERNATIONAL "SUDDENLY", Too, OlivesMan, AND The Very Best Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

46 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Hey Iraq, you can’t be a player on the international stage with your worthless currency that’s only good inside your own country. 

Time to step up and take action. 

YEP!!!, Half Crazy Runner, AND The Very Best Of Your Week To You, Too!!! :tiphat:

I suspect NOT being a full fledged member of the WTO will infer undue restrictions on the flow of trade with Iraq INTERNATIONALLY that COULD effect the INTERNATIONAL value of the Bicraqi Iraqi DINAR for most OTHER Countries who are affiliated with the WTO.

Good News HERE in conjunction WITH a WHOLE LOTTA Other Good News!!!

I may be WAY Off Base while I think the imminent news about the last tiny pocket of ISIS being retaken just inside Syria from Iraq East of the Euphrates will INCREASE the momentum EVEN MORE on the Good News Of LATE!!!

Hey, The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump made the announcement three (3) to four (4) weeks ago THAT stubborn pocket of ISIS would be retaken in (2) weeks. About a (1) week ago, IF I recall correctly, The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump was going to make an IMPORTANT announcement ON the DEFEAT of ISIS. I am not sure THIS announcement has been made.

I am also looking for news on the FULL opening of the Green Zone in Baghdad. Once THAT occurs, THAT should be a HUGE announcement like a BIG OLE NEON SIGN to the WHOLE INTERNATIONAL WORLD the Bicraqi Iraqi HAVE moved FROM War Time TO Peace TIME for The GREAT BIG OLE SPIGOT of Foreign Investment to be Turned ON to jump start the reconstruction, construction, AND economic development for the Bicraqi Iraqi to INCREASINGLY enjoy the "opiate of prosperity" brought about by PEACE TIME practices.

Well, OK, You ALL having loaded up on some Good Ole Fresh COFFAE' THIS Morning (too).......

In The Mean Time...............................................................................................................................

Enjoy YOUR COFFAE' (Tim's OR Otherwise)......................................................................................

AND (of course)..................................................................................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Statements are always based on the “ intent “ of doing something ( no doubt  talking about it for years ) - getting around to ACTUALLY DOING something about it is quite a different matter altogether.

Being as slow as molasses dribbling uphill in January doesn’t bother them one bit, does it ? 

Yes, it’s a rhetorical question. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Trade signed a joint document with the Kurdistan region to complete the files of Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization
http://wattaennews.net/archives/26950
12th April,2019

The Ministry of Commerce signed a joint memorandum with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in the Kurdistan region during a workshop in Erbil on the files to be completed for Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO), as well as the need to continue to communicate to resolve any problems that occur between the Center and the region.

The representative of the delegation of the central government, Assistant Director General of the Department of Private Sector Development Musab Osama at the opening of the workshop, that "Iraq is a federal state and Iraq's economic interest is one interest, there is no difference between Baghdad and Erbil and Basra," adding that the organization of business and standardization of views on the files of the WTO The world will have a great impact on everyone without a difference."

The workshop, which was held in Arbil under the auspices of the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of the region in the framework of the Ministry of Commerce seeks to organize and unify the views on the files of Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) between the central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government.

The workshop included a full presentation on the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the files that Iraq must complete to be a WTO member followed by bilateral meetings between representatives of ministries in the Government of the Center and their counterparts in the Government of the Region.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

6lyr10- thanks very much for locating, highlightjng, and posting this article. Its extremely pleasant to see the viewpoint expeessed by the Minister Of Commerve regarding Baghdad, Erbil and Basra is as positive as it is - and that the article is dated April 12th 2019! This post is an awesome indicator of where we are and what's to come in regards to Iraq's presence and transition in the  global economy~ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, presence said:

6lyr10- thanks very much for locating, highlightjng, and posting this article. Its extremely pleasant to see the viewpoint expeessed by the Minister Of Commerve regarding Baghdad, Erbil and Basra is as positive as it is - and that the article is dated April 12th 2019! This post is an awesome indicator of where we are and what's to come in regards to Iraq's presence and transition in the  global economy~ 

Pretty interesting stuff here . . . so if this be absolute truth, does this then mean -  " completes the files of Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization "   wouldn't this infer Iraq must have at some point " in the Near Future " a Globally Recognized Currency ????? 

24 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

For sure very positive.  :twothumbs:

22 minutes ago, jg1 said:

Nice BUMP, Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Trade signed a joint document with the Kurdistan region to complete the files of Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization
36 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Pretty interesting stuff here . . . so if this be absolute truth, does this then mean -  " completes the files of Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization "   wouldn't this infer Iraq must have at some point " in the Near Future " a Globally Recognized Currency ????? 

We think alike my friend. I was just getting ready to ask that very question !

I'm trying stay grounded about this as Iraq could not organize a pis* up in a brewery so I guess we wait.

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

We think alike my friend. I was just getting ready to ask that very question !

I'm trying stay grounded about this as Iraq could not organize a pis* up in a brewery so I guess we wait.

pp

" I'm trying stay grounded about this as Iraq could not organize a pis* up in a brewery so I guess we wait."

Me too  . . . and I couldn't agree more. Something has gotta give at some point but when will " Some Point occur ?"  :confused2: