Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Sign in to follow this  
jb4388

Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD)

3M18 financial results (unaudited financial statements): Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) -

P&L - 1Q17: Sales (net): IQD77.8bn, +14% y/y,

Gross profit: IQD14.9bn, +22% y/y (Gross profit margin increased from 18.0% in 1Q17 to 19.2% in 1Q18),

Operating profit: IQD8.5bn, +16% y/y (Operating profit margin increased from 10.8% in 1Q17 to 11.0% in 1Q18),

EBITDA: IQD15.2bn, +11% y/y (EBITDA margin decreased from 20.1% in 1Q17 to 19.5% in 1Q18),

Profit before tax: IQD8.4bn, +16% y/y (Profit before tax margin increased from 10.7% in 1Q17 to 10.8% in 1Q18).

Wonder what kind of dividends will be shared with shareholders?

EXMO affiliate program

I thought I read the new tax on soft drinks, starting after budget approval, was going to be 200%. That's gotta hurt. ;)

3 hours ago, King Bean said:

I thought I read the new tax on soft drinks, starting after budget approval, was going to be 200%. That's gotta hurt. ;)

I know 200% was on alcohol for sure.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I know 200% was on alcohol for sure.

Hurts...even worse. :drunk:  I need a drink now. LOL.

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, King Bean said:

The newspaper Al-Ghad Press received Sunday a document issued by the Ministry of Finance requesting all border crossing points to impose a 200% fine on imported alcoholic beverages.

While a tax on sweets, ice cream, dairy products, juices and soft drinks was imposed at 25%, according to the Financial Budget Law of 2018.

36 minutes ago, jb4388 said:

While a tax on...soft drinks was imposed at 25%, according to the Financial Budget Law of 2018.

Correct you are, JB. Thanks. Tax em to death. Democracy at it's finest. LOL.

Just wondering if IBSD is taxed the same since it is a local company? (Not an imported beverage) Not that I really care...

I say that because " all border crossing points to impose a 200% fine on imported alcoholic beverages"

IBSD (Pepsi) is being produced in Iraq not imported.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jb4388 said:

Just wondering if IBSD is taxed the same since it is a local company? (Not an imported beverage) Not that I really care...

I say that because " all border crossing points to impose a 200% fine on imported alcoholic beverages"

IBSD (Pepsi) is being produced in Iraq not imported.

Just was youing to post that, hmmmmmm. Do I smell a business opportunity?

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Haha 1

Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) held its AGM* today (May 3, 2018). In the meeting, the company approved 2017 annual financial results, decided to distribute 10% cash dividend (IQD0.10 dividend per share, 2.5% dividend yield) and approved importing and installing a mechanical inventory for vertical inventory storage, establishing new Aquafina production line and a new soft drinks production line for cans. In addition, IBSD is planning to discuss the following issues in its next general meeting: increasing its capital from IQD177.3 bn to IQD200.0 bn through bonus issue; establishing a factory in Basra to be able to dominate the market in the six southern provinces and purchasing Northern Soft Drinks Company to control the province of Mosul; and exporting Aquafina to neighboring countries.

Edited by jb4388

On 4/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, King Bean said:

Hurts...even worse. :drunk:  I need a drink now. LOL.

We still have a few days.  :drunk:

• Haha 1

Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) will resume trading tomorrow (May 9, 2018) after discussing and approving 2017 annual financial results and distributing 10% cash dividend (IQD0.10 dividend per share, 2.5% dividend yield).