Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move

2 hours ago, blueskyline said:

Raise in value to be the side effect

Thanks blueskyline,

A rise in value should be a direct effect of removing 3 zeros, but the CBI governor is saying that is not the case. Somehow the value will not be effected. It could be a restructure as you suggest.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DWS112 said:

Thanks blueskyline,

A rise in value should be a direct effect of removing 3 zeros, but the CBI governor is saying that is not the case. Somehow the value will not be effected. It could be a restructure as you suggest.

Crap, "rise in value should be a direct effect of removing 3 zeros", that would be a LOP. Mods please move this thread to the LOP section, and a warning point to me for the potty mouth. But really this would be antravisty. Crumbbum. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WheresmyRV? said:

True but them knuckleheads will still drag this on and on.

Yep, no Doubt - at times it feels like they would have no problem dragging this out, indefinitely.  Fear of forward progress that the firmly entrenched corruption doesn’t want because there goes the Gravy Train and their vise grip on the people: we’re seeing this play out in the election “crisis “

They don’t want to let go of what they have. . .  And they don’t care who knows it. Such arrogance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, DWS112 said:

Thanks blueskyline,

Immediately fire “Alak the Slacker”! He is another jack-a-ninny with no vision beyond the end of his nose. He’s only there for the paycheck...  Does Maliki’s law placing the CBI under Iraqi  governmental control still in place or has Alak been castrated? 

What is the deal with this smiling sad sack anyway????

It used to be CBI needed no nods from anyone to revalue. Then Maliki changes the CBI rules in 2012. Now it seems to be stagnated and I’m not even sure why at this point....  😡

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 1

Alak, who just got the "best banker" award, says they will delete 3 zeros from the currency and the value will not be affected.  I believe him.  He is talking to Iraqis in the news articles.

Here's my take:

Delete 3 zeros from the currency.

Introduce lower denoms.

25,000 = 25 (People can use either note because they are both worth 25)

No confusion for the population, as they are used to spending dollars.

There will be no deletion of zeros from the nominal rate.  (Sorry, Tlar.)

Then, the CBI will change the exchange rate and make it whatever they deem the correct exchange rate should be.

The problem for us is in whether or not they delete 3 zeros from the currency we're holding, or if they let us exchange our currency with the zeros still in effect.

My theory on that is that we will be able to exchange with the zeros still in effect if Trump has anything to say about it,  because I believe the US Treasury has a few trillion dinar and that would pay off the debt that Obama left us with.

The above is in my opinion only.

• Upvote 4

So why am I holding these for 8 years if I'm only going to get equal to three times my money invested? I'd rather invest in crypto. In January if I would have taken my gains out I would have quadrupled my investment in a month's time. But I didn't so I may be dumb I dunno. Lol... I'm still hoping and holding out for a huge RV.

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rmc10 said:

So why am I holding these for 8 years if I'm only going to get equal to three times my money invested? I'd rather invest in crypto. In January if I would have taken my gains out I would have quadrupled my investment in a month's time. But I didn't so I may be dumb I dunno. Lol... I'm still hoping and holding out for a huge RV.

That's not what I'm saying.   

I said:

Then, the CBI will change the exchange rate and make it whatever they deem the correct exchange rate should be.

That should be a lot more than 3 times what you invested.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

If they make the 25,000 note equal to the 25 dinar note there is no value change for us...... then if both get valued at $3 US dollars that will only be triple my investment......

if it is 3   then it beats  getting  nothing ...   I would  like it too be  1 too 1  or 1 too .87  only time is going to tell us  !  some times  we have to get away from all dinar  any thing for a week or so ! 

10 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

If they make the 25,000 note equal to the 25 dinar note there is no value change for us...... then if both get valued at $3 US dollars that will only be triple my investment......

I'll explain again.

After they delete the 3 zeros from the currency,

they will raise the exchange rate for dinar holders and the US government.

I feel they will let us exchange with the zeros still on the notes.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

So....when you were first in this you thought it would RV, last week you believed Kap´s float theory...now today you change it to an incountry lop but out of country will not be affected.  Flip flopping like a fish!  What will next week be?

Just stating my opinion.  Am I not allowed to have an opinion and post it, like everyone else?

How about we just wait and see what happens instead of you being the nastiest person on this dinar board and shooting off your mouth every time I post?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I'll explain again.

After they delete the 3 zeros from the currency,

they will raise the exchange rate for dinar holders and the US government.

I feel they will let us exchange with the zeros still on the notes.

Oh ok I get it now. I was just confused by what you meant. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

Oh ok I get it now. I was just confused by what you meant. 

Remember Adam still thinks it will be 10 cents.

That's what I think, too.

And then, it will float up from there, just like every other currency floats (including the US dollar).

6-29-2018   Adam Montana  

I'm seeing a couple different possible scenarios, but I'm still strong on .10

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Rmc10 said:

.....and if the government holds trillions and they do what you are saying then they only hold billions and that won't pay off jack.

Just a question--not starting an argument or being conflicting....

I've always heard our gov't holds huge amounts of dinar but I've never once saw an article confirming that.

Does anyone have any documented proof our gov't holds dinar? 

Thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I think that once it hits forex that will be the rate and that's what everyone will receive...regardless of where you live. I just can't see Iraqis getting $25 and us getting 25K. I hope they delete the three zeros to the right of the decimal point and not lop off three zeros on our notes...otherwise we are screwed. :confused2:

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, climber7 said:

I've always heard our gov't holds huge amounts of dinar but I've never once saw an article confirming that.

Thanks

I have no proof, but there was a NY Times article years ago that said during the Iraqi War we flew tons of money over there.

Lots of people felt we got "worthless" dinar in return that would someday be worth a fortune.  

Remember when Bush said the Iraq War wouldn't cost us anything?  Many people felt that's what he meant.

I'll see if I can find the article.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, juliebug said:

I think that once it hits forex that will be the rate and that's what everyone will receive...regardless of where you live. I just can't see Iraqis getting $25 and us getting 25K. I hope they delete the three zeros to the right of the decimal point and not lop off three zeros on our notes...otherwise we are screwed. :confused2:

The Iraqis don't get an RV.  

They get more purchasing power.

We kept their economy from collapsing altogether, during/after the war.

We sent over planeloads of money.

The RV is our reward, although it's taking a helluva lotta time.

Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Thanks

Here's the article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/opinion/27taylor.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move
  • Adam Montana locked this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic