Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Congress unveils $1.3tn spending bill in bid to avoid government shutdown

Leaders finalize bill that would boost military spending but leave behind Dreamers and deprive Trump of some border wall funding

Associated Press

Thu 22 Mar 2018 02.56 GMT Last modified on Thu 22 Mar 2018 14.19 GMT

3488.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=0bc14d7129f6e73f1dd7890e3671982e
Donald Trump delivers remarks at the National Republican congressional committee. Concerns linger that Trump’s support for the bill is wavering
Photograph: Rex/Shutterstock

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/21/congress-new-spending-bill-government-shutdown-trump

• Thanks 1

Not going to happen in our lifetime.  Besides if the Iraq Dinar gains some power they will be collecting a lot of taxes off of people like us.  I know we all believe everyone in DC are idiots but there are a few smarts ones too.  I remember my mother saying the same thing back in the 60's and 70's.  There may be a good market sell off but USA is here to stay for many more years.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pitcher said:

Not going to happen in our lifetime.

I agree. But think of the empires throughout history... The Egyptians lasted 4,000 years. The Romans, 2,000 years. The French, Spanish, British lasted just hundreds of years. America has been an empire since the end of WW2. They all got fat, lazy and complacent and spent their monies of war machines, political pork and social programs. The obvious difference from empire to empire is time. Things happen faster and faster, and we have fallen into the complacency.   We are not fiscally responsible. History does indeed repeat itself.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

This pile of steaming crap is a joke.

2nd WORST spending bill in our history.

Nobody is going to fall for this s--t.

Non-starter.     Dead at the gate.

Re-cycle to toilet stalls in Congressional bathrooms.

I hope you are right... They throw money around like children... And add to that cutting income... It's formula doomed to fail.

B/A

• Upvote 1

Trump threatens to veto spending bill, raising specter of another shutdown

President cites lack of immigration measures in $1.3tn budget

White House said on Thursday Trump would sign the bill

Ben Jacobs in Washington and Martin Pengelly in New York

Fri 23 Mar 2018 16.04 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/23/donald-trump-threatens-to-veto-spending-bill

On 3/22/2018 at 11:54 AM, bostonangler said:

I agree. But think of the empires throughout history... The Egyptians lasted 4,000 years. The Romans, 2,000 years. The French, Spanish, British lasted just hundreds of years. America has been an empire since the end of WW2. They all got fat, lazy and complacent and spent their monies of war machines, political pork and social programs. The obvious difference from empire to empire is time. Things happen faster and faster, and we have fallen into the complacency.   We are not fiscally responsible. History does indeed repeat itself.

B/A

History almost always repeats itself.....Rome.....2000 years to build.......9 years to become past history.....

A difference for this bill......no one said....."we have to quick sign it so we can open it and see what it says".......they might as well have.......

The big 4 in leadership put it together......they all need to go......including Ryan

Defense funding.........explain to me how the budget the US has for this is greater than the total of the next 5 countries behind them.......pretty inefficient in my mind......cost effective?.....nope!!

Trump signing this.........major let down in my mind...!!

Do you have a plan B...........I hope so...........CL

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, bostonangler said:

I can't believe not one politician will cut spending... We are doomed.. We may no live to see it, but America will be like so many empires throughout history. Great then gone.

B/A

None have the guts!  These buffoons have NO  problem spending our money. TERM LIMITS (2 MAX)!!!!!!, Abolish the IRS!!!! are both great starts 

Edited by caz1104
ADDED INFO
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

History almost always repeats itself.....Rome.....2000 years to build.......9 years to become past history.....

A difference for this bill......no one said....."we have to quick sign it so we can open it and see what it says".......they might as well have.......

The big 4 in leadership put it together......they all need to go......including Ryan

Defense funding.........explain to me how the budget the US has for this is greater than the total of the next 5 countries behind them.......pretty inefficient in my mind......cost effective?.....nope!!

Trump signing this.........major let down in my mind...!!

Do you have a plan B...........I hope so...........CL

I have a theory about this that no one is gonna  believe. I will expound on it when I get home. And if I'm right think of the Swamp as a swimming pool which Trump just blew a massive whole in with a SHOTGUN

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

..........:bugs::rake:............:nothingtoadd:.......

9 hours ago, Botzwana said:

It’s not an official ‘Federal Budget’. It’s an Omnibus bill…not a Budget…He outsmarted them again…Congress basically screwed themselves by not passing a Budget… Per the Constitution…the President must adhere to a Budget set forth by Congress and direct the expenditures as provided therein. This is another one of those big Porkulus Bills, like they gave Obama for 8 years. This is not a Budget.. An Omnibus Spending Bill may have some ‘instructions’ as to how the money will be spent…but Obama ignored them. He spent the money, or didn’t spend it, however he wanted to. And Congress didn’t do a thing about it! Because they couldn’t.. I think our President observed how this happened, year after year. He is bound to realize that those ‘appropriations’ for different things in these Omnibus bills…are merely ‘suggestions’. So like Obama, Pres Trump can spend this money on whatever he wants to. Or…not spend it. Planned Parenthood? What if our President decided to tell the Treas Dept to ‘slow-walk’ that money to Planned Parenthood…until the Senate gets off their ass and confirms his appointees? Sanctuary Cities? What if our President decided to ‘slow-walk’ that money too…until those Sanctuary Cities assist ICE in rounding up criminal illegal aliens? Splodey heads? From the Dems and the Enemedia? Why yes. There would be a colorful display of splodey heads. But what could they do about it. Hah. Our President could just say…’What! Congress should’ve passed a Budget.’ done finished…research was done…and it is so very humorous actually….our VSG..just said just give me money for the military and the wall…put anything else you want in it…and those goofballs did. In this case, as per above….he doesn’t have to spend a dime….because it is not a budget…and even if it was…researched….he could still spend as he please… Congress appropriates….up to the President to spend it…or not….as he pleases.. If anyone disagrees, I can go back and get the links and evidence, but if you just read yesterdays political thread…Wheatietoo and I laid it all out for all…Wheatietoo did most of the work and put together the consolidated update as per above…. Again, that is why Obama never had a Budget in his Presidency…Congress did continual Omibus’s and he just took the money….for 8 years…and no one seems to know where it went…

......What's good for the 'Goose'...is good for the 'Gander'.....:pirateship:...................

...................................

Trump reluctantly signs $1.3tn spending bill despite veto threat

US president said he would sign bill to avert shutdown of the federal government because of the need to strengthen the military

Ben Jacobs and David Smith in Washington and Martin Pengelly in New York

Fri 23 Mar 2018 18.17 GMT

2 vids in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/23/donald-trump-threatens-to-veto-spending-bill

When you corner a Tiger

GET READY FOR HELL

Everyone is so upset with President Trump today that I can't believe my ears.

It has been said that only Trump could separate his supporters from Trump. And to the unsuspecting eye that seems to be

what has happened. I said, "seems to be", because I think that what we've seen today is the most dangerous thing this nation has faced 

since the Cuban missile crises.

Let's start with something that happened in the White House  on Thursday.

Just let that sink in for a moment, "The calm before the storm".

Now we come to the screw Trump spending bill promoted by the Deep State and the Establishment morons that run our government. 

So what did we see happen today? 

We saw Trump sign the second largest non budget bill in the history of America. Only beaten by Obutthead in 2009.

To fully understand the events we must first remember what we know about the man called, "Donald Trump".

First things first, Donald Trump is a fighter, a down in the mud brawler. 

We know that Trump doesn't like to loose. 

And whether you like to admit it or not, We know that Trump is a tank that destroys anything that gets into his way.

But today something went wrong. 

Despite what the LSM is saying Trump WAS going to veto this bill. And he was going to do so because it was made clear to him

that he would loose many of his supporters if he didn't veto the bill. 

But what is not being reported by the Traitors in the media is that something happened to Trump this morning before he was to veto the bill.

He was paid a visit by none other that Mad Dog Mattis.

And it is now being mentioned by staff that Mattis insisted that Trump not veto this bill because he needed the funds that 

would be given the military.  In all the time that we've seen Trump as a politician I have never seen Trump as 

bothered as I saw him today. It was very clear that he DID NOT WANT to sign that bill. 

And we all know that Trump is NOT someone to do anything that he doesn't want to do.

Not even for his daughter, who I think he loves most, can talk her father into doing something that 

he doesn't want to do. We know this because She is an arch supporter of Climate change and didn't want Trump to pull out of the 

Paris Accord. 

But Trump did pull us out of that lame deal. 

Yet today we saw General Mad Dog Mattis get Donald Trump to do something that not only did he not want to do,

but something that he knew full well would tick off most of his supporters. 

Now to the why.

From before Trump became President we've all been subjected to the non stop barrage of attacks against Trump and the not so 

subtle attempts to remove him from office. 

We've seen rouge FBI agents openly violating laws and in the case of Muller inventing laws to charge people with. 

We've see a Congress and a Senate that to this day still hasn't approved most of his cabinet and is openly working against him. 

And to think that Trump doesn't realize this is to feign complete ignorance. 

We've seen unnamed Government officials leaking some of the most classified information and the media reporting that information 

at risk to American lives. 

We are witnessing a coup right before our eyes, and a complete lack of respect for the rule of law. 

I have repeatedly wondered why President Trump doesn't declare  Marshall Law and  put and end to this attempt to overrule a duly 

elected POTUS.

I've wondered that because I know something of how the Military thinks and I noticed from the beginning that Trump was surrounding 

himself with Generals. 

But still he seems to be doing nothing about the lawlessness that abounds.

Or is he?

Today we saw Trump do something we've NEVER seen him do before and that was in doing something that he didn't want to do.

But Trump himself told us all why he did it. 

Today Trump told us that the 

Safety and Security 

of America is his greatest concern. 

And he told us that the only reason that he was signing this bill was because the Military was so decimated by the cuts over the last 50yrs that 

they weren't capable of doing their job to perfection. 

So ask yourselves,

What is the greatest threat to the Safety and Security of America today?

What is the greatest danger to the continuance of our society today?

What is attempting to undo the last election?

Who is throwing the rule of law out the window in an attempt to overthrow President Donald J. Trump?

And now you should understand why Trump did what he did. 

President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us about the 

military-industrial complex.

And for the past 50 + years the establishment/deep state have decimated the power of the military. 

They started by making wartime decisions for the Generals. Which is why we lost Vietnam and Korea.

They did this for one reason and one reason only. 

They knew that the only thing standing in their way of, "fundamentally Changing America", into a Communist state was that 

VAST MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

And yesterday President Donald Trump gave that Military Complex the biggest funding that they have ever received.  

So when you put all this into a pot and stew if for awhile what do you get?

You get the understanding of what General Mattis said to Trump that got him to do something he didn't want to do.

I am postulating that Trump and his Military staff are about to declare Marshal Law to bring in justice via 

Military Tribunals. 
But Mattis informed Trump that he couldn't move that many troops and equipment because of the lack of funding.

Thus Trump was forced to sign the bill into law.

And that is the storm that I think Trump was referring to the day before.

Trump is about to blow the swamp up. 

I'm fully aware that some here will think this to be an act of treason, but that is exactly why Trump needs to do this.

Because we've lost view of what law and order is. 

And believe you me the Military hasn't lost that view.

Law and Order are the Foundations of the Military.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Botzwana said:

It’s not an official ‘Federal Budget’. It’s an Omnibus bill…not a Budget…He outsmarted them again…Congress basically screwed themselves by not passing a Budget… Per the Constitution…the President must adhere to a Budget set forth by Congress and direct the expenditures as provided therein. This is another one of those big Porkulus Bills, like they gave Obama for 8 years. This is not a Budget.. An Omnibus Spending Bill may have some ‘instructions’ as to how the money will be spent…but Obama ignored them. He spent the money, or didn’t spend it, however he wanted to. And Congress didn’t do a thing about it! Because they couldn’t.. I think our President observed how this happened, year after year. He is bound to realize that those ‘appropriations’ for different things in these Omnibus bills…are merely ‘suggestions’. So like Obama, Pres Trump can spend this money on whatever he wants to. Or…not spend it. Planned Parenthood? What if our President decided to tell the Treas Dept to ‘slow-walk’ that money to Planned Parenthood…until the Senate gets off their ass and confirms his appointees? Sanctuary Cities? What if our President decided to ‘slow-walk’ that money too…until those Sanctuary Cities assist ICE in rounding up criminal illegal aliens? Splodey heads? From the Dems and the Enemedia? Why yes. There would be a colorful display of splodey heads. But what could they do about it. Hah. Our President could just say…’What! Congress should’ve passed a Budget.’ done finished…research was done…and it is so very humorous actually….our VSG..just said just give me money for the military and the wall…put anything else you want in it…and those goofballs did. In this case, as per above….he doesn’t have to spend a dime….because it is not a budget…and even if it was…researched….he could still spend as he please… Congress appropriates….up to the President to spend it…or not….as he pleases.. If anyone disagrees, I can go back and get the links and evidence, but if you just read yesterdays political thread…Wheatietoo and I laid it all out for all…Wheatietoo did most of the work and put together the consolidated update as per above…. Again, that is why Obama never had a Budget in his Presidency…Congress did continual Omibus’s and he just took the money….for 8 years…and no one seems to know where it went…

Both very good points, with one exception. Trump isn't Obutthead, and he's not someone to violate the law. Just think of what the establishment/deep state would do if Trump even thought about violating the law. 

7 hours ago, skeetdog said:

..........:bugs::rake:............:nothingtoadd:.......

......What's good for the 'Goose'...is good for the 'Gander'.....:pirateship:...................

...................................

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

When you corner a Tiger

GET READY FOR HELL

Everyone is so upset with President Trump today that I can't believe my ears.

It has been said that only Trump could separate his supporters from Trump. And to the unsuspecting eye that seems to be

what has happened. I said, "seems to be", because I think that what we've seen today is the most dangerous thing this nation has faced 

since the Cuban missile crises.

Let's start with something that happened in the White House  on Thursday.

Just let that sink in for a moment, "The calm before the storm".

Now we come to the screw Trump spending bill promoted by the Deep State and the Establishment morons that run our government. 

So what did we see happen today? 

We saw Trump sign the second largest non budget bill in the history of America. Only beaten by Obutthead in 2009.

To fully understand the events we must first remember what we know about the man called, "Donald Trump".

First things first, Donald Trump is a fighter, a down in the mud brawler. 

We know that Trump doesn't like to loose. 

And whether you like to admit it or not, We know that Trump is a tank that destroys anything that gets into his way.

But today something went wrong. 

Despite what the LSM is saying Trump WAS going to veto this bill. And he was going to do so because it was made clear to him

that he would loose many of his supporters if he didn't veto the bill. 

But what is not being reported by the Traitors in the media is that something happened to Trump this morning before he was to veto the bill.

He was paid a visit by none other that Mad Dog Mattis.

And it is now being mentioned by staff that Mattis insisted that Trump not veto this bill because he needed the funds that 

would be given the military.  In all the time that we've seen Trump as a politician I have never seen Trump as 

bothered as I saw him today. It was very clear that he DID NOT WANT to sign that bill. 

And we all know that Trump is NOT someone to do anything that he doesn't want to do.

Not even for his daughter, who I think he loves most, can talk her father into doing something that 

he doesn't want to do. We know this because She is an arch supporter of Climate change and didn't want Trump to pull out of the 

Paris Accord. 

But Trump did pull us out of that lame deal. 

Yet today we saw General Mad Dog Mattis get Donald Trump to do something that not only did he not want to do,

but something that he knew full well would tick off most of his supporters. 

Now to the why.

From before Trump became President we've all been subjected to the non stop barrage of attacks against Trump and the not so 

subtle attempts to remove him from office. 

We've seen rouge FBI agents openly violating laws and in the case of Muller inventing laws to charge people with. 

We've see a Congress and a Senate that to this day still hasn't approved most of his cabinet and is openly working against him. 

And to think that Trump doesn't realize this is to feign complete ignorance. 

We've seen unnamed Government officials leaking some of the most classified information and the media reporting that information 

at risk to American lives. 

We are witnessing a coup right before our eyes, and a complete lack of respect for the rule of law. 

I have repeatedly wondered why President Trump doesn't declare  Marshall Law and  put and end to this attempt to overrule a duly 

elected POTUS.

I've wondered that because I know something of how the Military thinks and I noticed from the beginning that Trump was surrounding 

himself with Generals. 

But still he seems to be doing nothing about the lawlessness that abounds.

Or is he?

Today we saw Trump do something we've NEVER seen him do before and that was in doing something that he didn't want to do.

But Trump himself told us all why he did it. 

Today Trump told us that the 

Safety and Security 

of America is his greatest concern. 

And he told us that the only reason that he was signing this bill was because the Military was so decimated by the cuts over the last 50yrs that 

they weren't capable of doing their job to perfection. 

So ask yourselves,

What is the greatest threat to the Safety and Security of America today?

What is the greatest danger to the continuance of our society today?

What is attempting to undo the last election?

Who is throwing the rule of law out the window in an attempt to overthrow President Donald J. Trump?

And now you should understand why Trump did what he did. 

President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us about the 

military-industrial complex.

And for the past 50 + years the establishment/deep state have decimated the power of the military. 

They started by making wartime decisions for the Generals. Which is why we lost Vietnam and Korea.

They did this for one reason and one reason only. 

They knew that the only thing standing in their way of, "fundamentally Changing America", into a Communist state was that 

VAST MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

And yesterday President Donald Trump gave that Military Complex the biggest funding that they have ever received.  

So when you put all this into a pot and stew if for awhile what do you get?

You get the understanding of what General Mattis said to Trump that got him to do something he didn't want to do.

I am postulating that Trump and his Military staff are about to declare Marshal Law to bring in justice via 

Military Tribunals. 
But Mattis informed Trump that he couldn't move that many troops and equipment because of the lack of funding.

Thus Trump was forced to sign the bill into law.

And that is the storm that I think Trump was referring to the day before.

Trump is about to blow the swamp up. 

I'm fully aware that some here will think this to be an act of treason, but that is exactly why Trump needs to do this.

Because we've lost view of what law and order is. 

And believe you me the Military hasn't lost that view.

Law and Order are the Foundations of the Military.  

Great - I'll bring the popcorn.

• Haha 1