Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Actual Speed of the Earth - Seeing is Believing - 3.52 Minutes

bigwave

Just a thought and not an argument starter.

What if people who believe the earth is flat are the ones being deluded?

If people have actually flown around the world using ball earth calculations how can there be an argument that it is flat?

When you are in a plane unless you look out a window you don't feel the plane going 500 mph.

The earth is so large you won'y feel it moving, although I have heard people say when on acid you do. :lol:

Everything in the universe has been designed to function together so it is no wonder it all works the way it does.

If the flat earth is stationary we are just a sitting duck for the rest of the solar system to hit us. 

I respect other peoples positions on this but don't assume I am a lost person because of it. 

There is enough in this world to keep us occupied working for the good of God to keep busy. 

I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, rose again and sits at the right hand of the Father. 

I have been baptized for the forgiveness of my sins and according to the Bible am saved. 

Why would God send me a delusion so that I would sin or stumble?

The devil could I guess but I am a born again child of God. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

NASA Live - Earth From Space (HDVR) ♥ ISS LIVE FEED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

240: The average distance in miles above Earth's surface the ISS orbits (400 kilometers). On a clear day, the ISS is easily visible to the naked eye from the ground. Observers on the ground can see the station pass by overhead by tracking it using tools provided by NASA.

https://www.space.com/8876-international-space-station-numbers.html

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, rose again and sits at the right hand of the Father. 

I have been baptized for the forgiveness of my sins and according to the Bible am saved. 

Why would God send me a delusion so that I would sin or stumble?

The devil could I guess but I am a born again child of God. 

This is a response to you and no one else, because I think you are truly asking a genuine question. 

First you ask, "Why would God send you delusion so that you would stumble".

Your pretext is all wrong. God has not sent, "Strong delusion", so that anyone will stumble but because they love their lives more than the Lord. 

2 Thessalonians 2: 10-12

because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

NOTE: This does not say that you are not saved, but that you will be judged. And every single one of us will be judged. Make no mistake about that.

So you say, "I am a Christian and I love God and I know I'm saved". And truthfully no one can justifiably say your not. 

So let me say this, a few months back I was receiving what I believed to be some revelation from God about certain things in the bible. I was longing 

for and searching for real answers to some of the meanings that simply didn't make any sense. That was when I started my, "One Garden Two Trees", thread. 

Through it I learned that Technology was the real tree of knowledge of good and evil. And we all have so embraced it that we can't even imagine what 

live would be like without it. But there was a reason that Christ came at the time that he did. And there was a reason that Peter and the twelve dropped all that they were doing and followed Jesus. Life was simpler and that made it easier for them to understand that the Messiah was soon coming. 

Today we have all this tech and NO ONE is looking for Jesus return. 

You say that, ' if the earth is stationary then we're a sitting target for all that is in the universe". 

But God said there is no universe, at least not as you're thinking of it. God said, "Heaven is my Throne and the earth is my Footstool",

Isaiah 66:1

Thus says the LORD, "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. 

So I ask you, is God a liar? Or did he just get it all wrong? 

If you are truly wanting to understand the world you live in, and the God you love why don't you ask him what is truth in this matter. And I mean ask him until you get an answer. I know that you will get an answer.

You say you have faith in Jesus. I will show you my faith in God through my prayers. If we love God then talk to him about everything. As much as you possibly can. As long as you can. I suspect that like me you will shocked at what that will do for your faith walk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I've been thinking about your, "being in a plane and not feeling the speed that you are going", statement and I've pondered bringing this up.

I'm fully aware how dangerous this topic is and how most think about someone that actually believes Gods word literally, but

I simply can't let this thought pass. 

When you're in that plane and traveling at 500 miles an hour, no you don't feel much movement though you may feel some turbulence.

But what is that plane made of? 

Mostly aluminum, with some steel. That is to say that while you are going 500 mph you are protected from the elements by a solid force. 

The aluminum tube of the plane. 

So what is the atmosphere made up of?

Air. Among other gaseous elements. 

But nothing solid whatsoever. 

So what happens to air when the wind blows? It moves with the wind. 

If the earth were traveling with the sun and with the galaxy at the ridiculous speeds given us then how is it that the atmosphere of non solid gasses 

doesn't blow of in a millisecond? 

I know that most people will say that space is a vacuum without resistance but that doesn't make sense when those same people will tell you about 

solar winds, or dark matter. 

It simply doesn't add up. 

The speed of movement of the earth would rip the atmosphere from the face of the earth as fast as the skin would be torn from your flesh if that plane 

had no aluminum tube protecting you.     

• Upvote 1