Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American University

Pitcher

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Authorities in Iraq have selected one of the presidential palaces as the premise for the American University in Baghdad, officials were quoted saying on Thursday.

State-owned al-Sabaah newspaper quoted Ahmed al-Rubaye, director-general of the state properties department, saying that the department, in coordination with a commission formed by the cabinet on the management of state assets, selected the Radhwaniyah palace and the surrounding territory for the establishment of the American University in Baghdad.

He said the measure also involves the execution of “strategic projects that make use of that location for the purpose of investment”.

Radhwaniya is located to the west of Baghdad, and the presidential palace there was a main residence for the former president’s family.

A government committee is currently taking stock of palaces and other properties belonging to late  leader Saddam Hussein and his defunct Baath Party.

The government has recently ordered the seizure of assets that belonged to Saddam Hussein and more than 4,200 officials from his government and ruling party.

Last March, Iraq’s higher education minister, Abdul-Razeq Eissa agreed with the U.S. ambassador to Baghdad to take steps towards the opening of an American university in the Iraqi capital

Edited by Markinsa
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Geez, I do apologize for the incorrect link.  Don’t have a clue how I did that, probably fat fingers or in too much of a hurry.  

I’ll be more careful in the future.  At least I finally figured out how to post in the correct forums!!!

• Upvote 4

Just now, Pitcher said:

Geez, I do apologize for the incorrect link.  Don’t have a clue how I did that, probably fat fingers or in too much of a hurry.  

I’ll be more careful in the future.  At least I finally figured out how to post in the correct forums!!!

Yes you did.  Remember quality is much better than volume.  Take your time. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Thanks Pitcher...It was an unique experience to be able to witness the spender and magnitude in the design, construction and fine detailed craftsmanship within the architectural design of this estate...We were allowed to secure this area in 3-03...the overwhelming articles of extravagant luxurious detailing were apparent that money wasn't an issue from the get-go when designing this crib....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks Pitcher...It was an unique experience to be able to witness the spender and magnitude in the design, construction and fine detailed craftsmanship within the architectural design of this estate...We were allowed to secure this area in 3-03...the overwhelming articles of extravagant luxurious detailing were apparent that money wasn't an issue from the get-go when designing this crib....

thank you for your service , seen a special on this years ago not sure if this is the same palace but the water out front was stocked with bass and the soldiers were fishing ... to the victor goes the spoils 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

American University

Author: Yasser Metwally

26/3/2018 12:00 AM

One of the most important investment decisions until the moment - the allocation of presidential palaces to invest in projects and strategic service purpose. 
The choice of the Radwaniyah Palace as a model for the establishment of the American University project, similar to what exists in many countries in the world and in the Kurdistan region as well. 
A sound decision that suggests the beginning of the right to invest many sites and wide spaces for the establishment of important projects such as the American University and for the first time in Baghdad because of the possession of these universities of the scientific advantages of high in the preparation of efficient scientific expertise, which will contribute to the building and development of the country. 
Three weeks ago I had called in a column entitled "Health Services" to establish an American hospital style hospital at the American University of Beirut.
The announcement of the decision to invest Al-Radwaniyah palace for the establishment of an American university, which was unveiled by the Director General of the State Real Estate Department in a statement issued by the front page of Al-Sabah newspaper for its importance last week in line with my call. 
It may be useful to note that all the competences of the American University as a global brand are important and very useful in providing the country with highly specialized competencies at a time when Iraq is preparing to rebuild it again. 
But we propose to the donor the investment license obligation of the investment of the palace Radwaniyah to establish an educational hospital and colleges of medical sciences and nursing, similar to the American University Hospital in Beirut. 
The reason for our focus here on this aspect stems from the urgent need for a hospital specializing in serious diseases and complex operations.
This investment will contribute to the development of the health situation in the country and alleviate the burden of the citizen on the costs of travel and travel. The project, in addition to the social feasibility of the various economic feasibility of the provision of millions of dollars to invest capital and maintain the national human resources leakage. 
In traditional accounts of the amount of foreign currency coming into the regional and international environment due to treatment, millions of dollars can be recycled within the country rather than lost in this way, as well as the repatriation of national talent in the Diaspora to serve their countrymen. 
As I mentioned above, it is necessary to have an encouraging and attractive age for scholars of the Diaspora before the completion of this project in order to achieve  
feasibility as seen by economists. 
For this I said in front of my column that this decision is one of the most important investment decisions in Iraq until the moment and  
be a good opening for future investment.
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to American University