Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

On the 86th anniversary of the first Iraqi Dinar .. Do you know this information about our currency?

yota691

33 minutes ago, OMEGA3 said:

It has been too long and CBI is making the case to the public of why the dinar is going from worthless donkey dung to $3.00 per 1 Dinar.

Yes their worthless donkey dung is all dried up now and has no aroma anymore.....:)

And I hope you’re right..... these guys have been lolly gagging, fiddle faddling, stalling, and twiddling their thumbs for entertainment for years now.....

• Haha 4

noun (plfils
  1. a fractional monetary unit of Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, and Kuwait,worth one thousandth of a dinar
  2. a fractional monetary unit of the United Arab Emirates, worth one hundredth of a dirham
  3. a fractional monetary unit of Yemen, worth one hundredth of a riyal
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Can somebody with great math skills (not me) figure this out?  I just realized that gold was a lot less in 1932 than it is today.

Today marks the 86th anniversary of the first Iraqi currency of the Iraqi State "dinar" on 16/3/1932. 
The dinar was taken as a basic unit of the Iraqi currency and is equal to a thousand fils, and it bore the image of King Faisal I and his head to the left. 
Its purchasing value was equivalent to 7.3 grams gold.

In 1932, gold was $20.67 an oz.   http://onlygold.com/m/Prices/Prices200Years.asp

A Troy Ounce is comprised of 31.1034807 grams.

So how much was 1 dinar worth in 1932?   Maybe that's what it will be worth again?

$20.67 divided by 7.3 grams (not ounces) of gold =  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Can somebody with great math skills (not me) figure this out?  I just realized that gold was a lot less in 1932 than it is today.

Today marks the 86th anniversary of the first Iraqi currency of the Iraqi State "dinar" on 16/3/1932. 
The dinar was taken as a basic unit of the Iraqi currency and is equal to a thousand fils, and it bore the image of King Faisal I and his head to the left. 
Its purchasing value was equivalent to 7.3 grams gold.

In 1932, gold was $20.67 an oz.   http://onlygold.com/m/Prices/Prices200Years.asp

A Troy Ounce is comprised of 31.1034807 grams.

So how much was 1 dinar worth in 1932?   Maybe that's what it will be worth again?

$20.67 divided by 7.3 grams (not ounces) of gold =  

Oh, wait a minute!  Could it be this easy?  

$20.67 divided by 7.3 = $2.83

I was getting ounces and grams confused.  Could it really be that it was worth $2.83 and they are hinting that it will be worth that again?

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Oh, wait a minute!  Could it be this easy?  

$20.67 divided by 7.3 = $2.83

I was getting ounces and grams confused.  Could it really be that it was worth $2.83 and they are hinting that it will be worth that again?

Stop teasing me

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Another way of looking at it is.....

$20.67 an oz divided by 31.1 grams 

equals .66 per gram

7.3 grams x .66 per gram =

$4.81 cents per IQD

so yes..... I think @navira45 math would be correct if these numbers are meant to tell us anything real or true? 

Edited by NEPatriotsFan1
  • Thanks 2

that's right on floridan about the iqd's value history iv'e posted on different topics/ threads the dinar was never valued below 2 bucks until saddam invaded kuwait,one more reason im staying with the madness......

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Looking at that picture of former dinar prices makes me think they will match it to the dollar, one for one.

So much of the population is young and all they know is "dollars".  It would be an easy conversion for the population.

Yikes!  What a change that would be for them AND us.  :)

• Like 1

Hasn’t the IMF recently stated and given approval of Iraq RI-ing the dinar?  

Didn’t they meet the 2% upper/lower limit?

And didn’t the IMF give approval to release the lower denominations and reinstate their currency?

I know it sounds far fetched but the many articles lately are pointing to that possibility...

GO SCHMOOLIE 😉❣️ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Floridian said:

That could very well be, Laid Back.  And they're telling the people what the dinar "used to be" worth.  Why would they tell them that, knowing 1 dinar would be worthless today?

Even 1,000 dinar today is worth only .86

Hmmmm, very interesting!

Floridian..... Could be a message form the central bank.... We will be back to our former glory.... They're ten times richest than Kuwait 

6 hours ago, Mxmann said:

Thanks LB!!!! I can't beleive you did that!  How dare you use that kind of language??  Couldn't beleive, I was reading what I thought was a good post from you, and right there at the end u used that horibble four letter word, "soon"????

Hahaha Sorry Mxmann... Next time I will use in the near future :lol:

7 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Yes I remember that. 

Now somebody by me and my favorite Clown a green beer:drunk:

12 pack for the clown🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾😂😂😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Looking at that picture of former dinar prices makes me think they will match it to the dollar, one for one.

So much of the population is young and all they know is "dollars".  It would be an easy conversion for the population.

Yikes!  What a change that would be for them AND us.  :)

I have always been a believer of $1:1

-The easiest transition to the citizens 

-The fastest way to Dedollarize the economy 

-Real purchasing

-Cheaper to rebuild the country 

Go CBI

Go $1:1

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3