Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is where I belong

Heavyduty053

I sat on the ground one day leaned up against a tree trunk and watched my bobber float on the glassy surface of the water. The fishing was slow, hadn't had a bite all morning. A blue Jay landed on a branch in a tree a few feet away. He starred at me for a moment and then flew off. In the distance a crow was making its loud calls to one another. Other than that there wasn't a sound, almost the sound of silence. I closed my eyes and let the rising morning sun wash away the chill of the morning. 

I agreed with the silence, contently I was in another world, a world away form all the rush, loud sounds, mean spirited people and just everyday greed and people that want to hurt you some for no reason. It was a world that I could escape into to that's just for me, no one to bother, no one asking for favors and no one telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I opened my eyes and behold an Osprey, silhouetted by a turquoise sky, flew in a few hundred feet above my head. He or she obviously is a better fisherman than I, it clutched a fresh trout in its talons. Dinner was done. I just smiled watching nature at its best. This is the country that hardly anyone can even fathom exist because no one takes time to see and feel the real nature of what God has given us. I wasn't thee for the fishing, that was just in case they were biting, it was time in the outdoors that I craved. Every so often I have to come down to my spot to unwind, to renew, to gain my sanity back and sometimes in the quietness I even fall asleep and its so peaceful. I get up every once and a while to check and see if my line still has bait and cast it back into the lake. There was a Beaver hut close by and I could hear the squeaking of babies when their mommies would return. 

This is the place where your thoughts can wonder and you can sometimes find answers to your problems that the other everyday world doesn't give you time to find. If people would only find a place like this, cut yourself off from the other world and draw on what God has given us that we have forgotten, we would have less problems in this life. Now I know how people from the old days as they call them had more sense, shared my love, appreciated family and friends and worked hard for what they had. Then the world became rusted and people has forgotten the simple things that kept them sane. It was noon time, didn't catch no fish but I renewed my strength in my self so I headed home. Along the path to the lake I spotted a cluster of May flowers and picked a bouquet for my wife besides we were both fans of their heavenly scent.

It was a good little walk to the highway where my car was parked but it was enjoyable. Four deer flashed their white tails and leaped away into the thicket. With the demands of grand kids and my job I didn't have much time. My grand kids replaced the old lake spot for years. Finally years later I got a chance to go back and the pathway was all grown over with briars.  I sat in my car just looking at the old pathway to sanity which had been closed up and I wondered if I would have gotten a bite today. I guess it was God's way of saying there are plenty more spots if you want to find them. Ginny and I had enough of the sea of humanity, blowing horns, demanding lifestyles and when the grand kids were grown we packed up and moved to the mountains. Now I have another little spot close to my house to I can continue being close to God's treasures. I can renew my strength. The sound of the rushing stream feeding the lake was a joy to hear. I wished all humanity would stop and find themselves in peace with a place like this. When my grand kids come up to visit I try to teach them the simple treasures of life that doesn't cost a thing and it does a world of good.     Hope this is an inspiration to all who need to just unwind, rewind, and renew....it is well worth it.    Have a wonderful day.

• Upvote 1