Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Read Between the Liness

Pitcher

1.  Trump administration squashes Broadcom buyout of Qualcomm.

2.  Rex Tillerson is fired.

Reading between the lines it seems pretty obvious to me that the Trump Administration is sending a very strong message to Russia and China about protecting our leading technology.  Qualcomm is a leader in 5G technology and Broadcom is owned by a Singapore company.  National Security?  It appears this WH is putting an emphasis on cyber security. China and Russia have been ripping off our Intellectual property for years.  

• Upvote 6

Not sure, but by firing Tillerson it sends a message that Trump is in control.  Tillerson and Trump have disagreed on many issues from North Korea to China and the ME.  The new guy is basically a yes man.  

I just heard that Schummer has agreed with President Trump in the blocking of the Broadcom acquisition of Qualcomm.   Qualcomm is a leader in the development of the 5G network which will put the US at the front of cyber security.  China will use any means to steal our intellectual property from theft, bribes, blocking a company from selling its products in China (unless it gives up that Intellectual property), or acquisition of companies.  They are relentless and DO NOT play by the international rules of commerce.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Not sure, but by firing Tillerson it sends a message that Trump is in control.  Tillerson and Trump have disagreed on many issues from North Korea to China and the ME.  The new guy is basically a yes man.  

I just heard that Schummer has agreed with President Trump in the blocking of the Broadcom acquisition of Qualcomm.   Qualcomm is a leader in the development of the 5G network which will put the US at the front of cyber security.  China will use any means to steal our intellectual property from theft, bribes, blocking a company from selling its products in China (unless it gives up that Intellectual property), or acquisition of companies.  They are relentless and DO NOT play by the international rules of commerce.  

WOW!  Very interesting!

• Upvote 1

Wow, BA, you have that right.  As an investor and a trader it is very hard to get a read on what is going on, thus, the "Read Between the Lines" (which I misspelled, Ha Ha)

Trump has one agenda, to "Make America Great Again" and he is implementing his plan. His style and bluster are at times very unnerving but I believe he is trying to get the US to a point where the US isn't being taken advantage of in trade.   He is a disruptor and a non status quo kind of guy.  He is upsetting to many because of that style but in my mind something had to be done.  For too many years many countries have manipulated their currency and taken advantage of our kindness.  I also believe he is leading the way for other countries, especially in Europe which will follow the US in going after China on their product dumping (steel, aluminum and others).  Getting the world to play fair on trade agreements is going to be a tough situation.  No one benefits from an all out trade war and Trump is walking a tightrope with his tariffs.  Hopefully, we'll get to a point of a more fair playing field for the US without getting into an all out economic or even a shooting war.  

It will be very interesting to see how China responds.  They have been very quiet so far on the steel tariffs.   I can assure you they will come back with something that will probably be upsetting.  Remember North Korea does whatever China tells them to do.   You can see the action played out daily in the stock market.  The market is very very jittery and volatile.  I've had a tough time finding much to trade the last few days.  I got on Broadcom early today for a nice gain but that is my only trade.  I'm bouncing between my trading computer and this computer, and it's time to get back to trading.  

Go RV, keep building Iraq!!!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Wow, BA, you have that right.  As an investor and a trader it is very hard to get a read on what is going on, thus, the "Read Between the Lines" (which I misspelled, Ha Ha)

Trump has one agenda, to "Make America Great Again" and he is implementing his plan. His style and bluster are at times very unnerving but I believe he is trying to get the US to a point where the US isn't being taken advantage of in trade.   He is a disruptor and a non status quo kind of guy.  He is upsetting to many because of that style but in my mind something had to be done.  For too many years many countries have manipulated their currency and taken advantage of our kindness.  I also believe he is leading the way for other countries, especially in Europe which will follow the US in going after China on their product dumping (steel, aluminum and others).  Getting the world to play fair on trade agreements is going to be a tough situation.  No one benefits from an all out trade war and Trump is walking a tightrope with his tariffs.  Hopefully, we'll get to a point of a more fair playing field for the US without getting into an all out economic or even a shooting war.  

It will be very interesting to see how China responds.  They have been very quiet so far on the steel tariffs.   I can assure you they will come back with something that will probably be upsetting.  Remember North Korea does whatever China tells them to do.   You can see the action played out daily in the stock market.  The market is very very jittery and volatile.  I've had a tough time finding much to trade the last few days.  I got on Broadcom early today for a nice gain but that is my only trade.  I'm bouncing between my trading computer and this computer, and it's time to get back to trading.  

Go RV, keep building Iraq!!!!!

I always enjoy your perspective Pitcher... Thanks

B/A

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

But these are his guys and were applauded by his supporters when hired. Now they are bad guys???? This just plan crazy if you ask me.

B/A

Who knows?! I agree with pitcher on the MAGA plan by Trump and I think he’s big on loyalty.... once he feels your loyalty to that plan or him is in question, you get the “you’re fired” 

...... I hope for his sake and our country’s that he can accomplish his goals quickly so that peoples lives are enhanced

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don’t know how anyone could or would work for him.  I’ve been saying that since the first year of his TV show. 

His style is completely opposite of mine.  Maybe that’s why he’s a billionaire and I’m only a measly millionaire.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

When we change Ambassadors , or high level personal . To my knowledge it signifies the completion and ending of one chapter and the beginning of another . The papers may say Trump disagreed with Tillerson on Iran . Tillerson brought the current stage of Iraq and maybe even Iran  to a succesfull end and Its time for a just as successful next stage . Bravo Tillerson !

• Upvote 4

I am thinking that maybe Trump is letting us know that the Government can run on term limits....as his cabinet is doing well with a changing of the people.  Helps to keep corruption down by not staying long enough to get the "good ole boy" trend into place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1