Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Dismantling Of The OIL AND GAS LAW on 3 projects to facilitate its adoption in Parliament !

DinarThug

38 minutes ago, "Fred" said:

I’m no expert at anything but that sure smells like an HCL , I’ve stepped in enough of it over the years 😀

B032A468-EB09-403B-A785-3965EF33410E.jpeg

B032A468-EB09-403B-A785-3965EF33410E.jpeg

That Also Suspiciously Looks Like Luigi’s Source For Intel ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

Important for ... This is what the citizen will receive annually from the wealth of oil according to the new law

08-03-2018 07:17 PM 

Baghdad News -

Oil expert Hamza al-Jawahiri revealed on Thursday the shares that the Iraqi citizen will receive from oil revenues according to the law of the National Oil Company, which was voted by the parliament in last Monday's session. 

Al-Jawahiri said in a press statement that "the 10% rate set by the law of the National Oil Company, which will be distributed to four funds, the first will be to support the capital of the company, and the second citizen fund, which includes the transfer of the country's wealth to the people, Producing oil 'noting that' each fund will have a rate of 2.5 percent of oil revenues'. 

"The percentage of the citizen is 2.5 percent will hit the annual oil revenues of Iraq, which we assume that these revenues $ 80 billion and thus every citizen will receive $ 50 each of his share of the wealth of oil," 

adding that 'these four ratios dispersed the money will not be used Including the four funds and the hardest hit is the company because 2.5 percent will not be enough to develop and sustainability.

LINK

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

LINK

Oil prices are recovering and rising about $ 2

image.php?token=4d6f08020c6c818c0781aee84b9031c8&size= 

10th March, 2018
Oil prices jumped nearly $ 2 on Friday, recovering from two sessions of losses as Wall Street rallied on strong job data in the US as investors were increasingly optimistic that a planned meeting between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un may Easing geopolitical tensions. 

Brent crude for the day closed at $ 1.88, or 2.96 percent, at $ 65.49 a barrel. 

US benchmark WTI crude <CLc1> rose 1.92 dollars, or 3.19 percent, to close at $ 62.04 a barrel. 

The benchmark crude oil prices ended the week with gains after losing last week.

• Upvote 8

National Oil Company: Law of Adnan al-Janab - Revolution on the rentee state

POSTED ON 09/03/2018

تمَّ يوم 5/3/2018 التصويت على (قانون شركة النفط الوطنية العراقية) ولا ينحصر الانجاز في تمرير هذا القانون على إعادة الحياة إلى شركة النفط الوطنية العراقية وتخليص عمليات الإنتاج والنقل والتسويق من […]
On 5/3/2018 the vote on (the law of the Iraqi National Oil Company) was not limited to passing this law on the return of life to the Iraqi National Oil Company and the clearance of production, transport and marketing operations of the Ministry of Oil bureaucracy, which has caused confusion and delay the sector since it merged In the ministry under the former regime in the eighties of the last century, as the law provides for the establishment of an independent company financially and administratively linked to the Council of Ministers.

The most important paragraph in this new law is the activation of article (111) of the Constitution, which stipulates that "oil and gas belongs to the Iraqi people" Article 12-III stipulates that the proportion of the profits of the company shall be determined by the annual budget " Citizens who reside in Iraq "and may not sell, buy or inherit shares, and fall at the death" and this percentage is determined in the light of what is determined by the federal budget for a share of the State Treasury.

link

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

LINK

Success Story: Iraq is the center of energy export to the world
109551.jpg?width=750&&height=375 

11th March, 2018
Despite the 15-year-old security crisis in Iraq that would have drowned most societies, the country has recorded annual increases in oil production, making the Iraqi energy sector a global success story. In the next phase, Iran and its allies may invest in Iraqi gas and oil, which will turn the country into a center for exporting energy between the Gulf states, Turkey and Europe. The United States has a strong strategic interest in promoting the latter possibility.

Fast-growing sector

At the Iraq Oil Conference held by the CWC Group in Berlin late last month, officials and business representatives and analysts were told that Iraq had become a powerful country in second place in oil production in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), close to the production of 5 million barrels per day last year, with the export of nearly 4 million barrels. In addition, Baghdad plans to create a massive program to pump sea water to increase production first to 7 million barrels per day, and later to 9 million barrels. It should be noted that the last goal will put Iraq at the level of Saudi Arabia, the United States and Russia.

Iraq's potential for gas production is also enormous. The country is wasting an extraordinary 16 billion cubic meters a year from burning alone, or 0.5 percent of world production. The joint venture between Shell, Mitsubishi and the Iraqi government will be the largest effort to collect gas in the world, saving 2 billion cubic meters a year to generate much-needed electricity. Iraq's ambitious plan is to assemble all its gas production and use without any leakage by 2021. The first goal is to replace the most expensive, less efficient, and more polluting oil products, but if Iraq reaches its goal of assembling gas, it may not become a source of gas But also a hub for gas transit linking Turkey, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and other major economies.

Oil of Kurdistan and Kirkuk

The most immediate obstacle to these plans is Baghdad's ongoing conflict with the Kurdistan Regional Government over oil from northern Iraq. The Kirkuk fields are particularly thorny, leading to a conflict involving Turkey and Iran, sometimes with Washington acting as mediator.

The problem began when the 2005 constitution gave an important role to the Kurdistan Regional Government in developing the "new" fields, which it did with the desire for revenge through the international oil companies' wish and the signing of contracts to share production. However, the Constitution also requires the federal government - through the Iraqi Oil Marketing Company (SOMO) - to market production from everywhere in the country, including from the Kurdistan region. In contrast, the federal budget allocated about 17 per cent of oil revenues to the Government Kurdistan region (nearly 12 per cent when some national expenditure was eliminated, although the figures and associated tariffs have been vague for a long time).

The KRG did not allow the Iraqi Oil Marketing Company to market its oil, so federal revenues were not often paid. Today, the recent Iraqi budget only grants Kurds about 12.5 per cent of the projected oil income. The two sides have repeatedly sought to discuss their differences with the help of the United States, but have always ended up breaking their agreements and renewing the dispute.

With the defeat of the Dahed organization, the central government saw its chance, especially after the strategic error committed by the KRG in holding a referendum on independence last September. With great regional pressure on the Kurds, Baghdad crushed their attempt to achieve independence and restored Kirkuk.

The dispute now revolves around how to export and market Kirkuk oil, and who will market the KRG oil, which is still flowing into Ceyhan. In the meantime, an estimated 300,000 barrels per day [of Kirkuk oil] is being stockpiled.

Energy Partners in Iraq

When major international actors look at Iraq, it sees not only future energy supplies and a rich market for its exports, but also potential geopolitical gains and is particularly interested in Kirkuk's suspended oil.

Russia. Rosneft, the main state oil company in Moscow, has invested about $ 3 billion in the oil and gas sector. This includes partial ownership of the pipeline from Kirkuk through the Kurdistan region to the Turkish border, which is connected to the Ceyhan line.

Turkey. Ankara continues to market its own oil (about 300,000 barrels per day) in Ceyhan, claiming that it can not transfer this flow to the Iraqi Oil Marketing Company unless Baghdad commits to pay the KRG's oil-related debts to Turkey. Ankara has clear strategic and commercial interests in maintaining a self-governing Kurdish region in northern Iraq. Turkey also hopes to obtain large exports of gas from the Kurdistan region, may be provided at prices below market prices and without restrictions on destinations.

At the same time, Ankara wants Baghdad to abandon its arbitration actions against Turkey against the backdrop of the latter allowing the Kurdistan Regional Government to export oil via the Iraqi-Turkish joint-ownership pipeline. Ankara also aspires to trade opportunities in the Iraqi market for wider imported goods and services. Indeed, Turkey led international donors with a $ 5 billion pledge at the Iraq Reconstruction Conference held last month in Kuwait.

Iran. The Islamic Republic is already exporting large quantities of electricity and gas to Iraq at very high prices and is seeking to narrow its stifling grip on the country's power generation market. It also hopes to build a pipeline from Kirkuk to Iran to remove oil from northern Iraq from the conventional route it normally exports through Turkey, eventually leading to the delivery of Iranian crude through Gulf ports instead of refining Iraqi crude oil. While Baghdad is involved in disputes with the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), it has tried to export some oil to Iran by truck, though this effort has been hampered by incursions against remnants of a pre-emptive organization in the region. The Iraqi authorities also threatened to transfer a large part of the Kirkuk oil through the construction of a new pipeline to reach Iran.

James F. Jeffrey is a Distinguished Fellow at the Philip Solonds Fellowship at the Washington Institute and former US Ambassador to Iraq and Turkey. Michael Knights is a LEFER fellow at the Institute and has worked extensively on energy projects inside Iraq.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

Iraqi government delegation headed by the governor of the Iraqi Central in Erbil

Discusses outstanding financial issues between Baghdad and Arbil ...

11/03/2018 - 21:56

An Iraqi delegation arrived in Arbil on Sunday evening on a visit aimed at resolving outstanding issues between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Region.

The Iraqi delegation is headed by the Governor of the Central Bank Ali Alalak and will discuss outstanding financial issues between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Region.

The Iraqi delegation, which was received by the Minister of Finance in the Kurdistan Regional Government (ROPZ), is scheduled to begin its schedule of meetings on Monday.

Arbil and Baghdad exchanged delegations during the last period, which led to a breakthrough in the crisis between the government of Baghdad and the provincial government.

The crisis erupted between Erbil and Baghdad violently after the Kurdistan Region held a historic referendum on 25 September last for independence from Iraq and won the support of 92.73% of the votes of participants, but Baghdad responded to the right of self-determination Kurdish unjustified and took a series of collective punishment measures against Kurdistan in addition to For its military attack on Kurdish areas outside the administration of the Kurdistan Region or called B (disputed).

Baghdad has banned international flights to airports in Kurdistan and has asked to check the lists of its employees before paying their salaries as part of its punitive measures against the province.

The spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government, Sven Dzahi, said earlier in the day that an Iraqi government delegation is scheduled to arrive in Erbil to determine the mechanisms of paying salaries and opening airports.

Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi reiterated in his last press conference last Tuesday that his government would rescind the ban on international flights and that the salaries of its employees would be paid before the Nooruz holiday on March 21.

Baghdad extended the ban on international flights at Erbil and Sulaymaniyah airports, the last of which was on Feb. 26, with the resolution ending by the end of May.

Iraqi government spokesman Saad al-Hadithi said recently that the technical committees between Erbil and Baghdad have settled many files in relation to airports, especially customs and passports.

The committees are still discussing the security file of the international airports in the region, according to modern.

• Upvote 3

Let's hope , the Monday meeting brings happy ending to the h-c-l.  Everyone gets 50 dollars worth of dinar , and the value of the Dinar rises to 1.44 per dinar which in turn gives average iraqi the buying power of 125.00 each deposit to start with ...  ( If those numbers are correct in dinar rumors )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I's like being on a treadmill with all the news going round..I like it but the head sometimes spins with laws,values,and bills to pass etc.. But i think it would be great to see a rate as high as 1.44 but i personally feel it is a bit presumptive to expect that... Happines for me will be to see the long ride over...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

LINK

Deputy: Tuesday's session of the laws and the presidency requires mandatory attendance

19:54 - 11/03/2018  

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%

A member of the House of Representatives Abdul Hadi Mohan, on Sunday, to inform the Presidency of the Parliament members to attend the mandatory session next Tuesday, pointing to the existence of more than 20 draft laws on the agenda.

"The presidency of the parliament informed all members that the obligatory attendance of Tuesday's session the day after tomorrow and leave or leave is not allowed for any member," Mohan said.

He added that "it was reported to include more than twenty draft laws and amend the law on the agenda of implementation of some laws of great importance," noting that "the table is free of the Federal Court and the most controversial oil and gas in the Council."

He pointed out that "the insistence of the presidency on the mandatory attendance, so as to devote members next week to launch the date of election propaganda."

It is scheduled to hold the House of Representatives, next Tuesday, a new session to vote on a number of bills.

• Upvote 4

I surely am enjoying the direction this thread is heading. These articles indicate to me that the HCL is uppermost in their minds as it is in ours. Just hope and pray that the HCL gets done in the very, very near future and I believe it will

. (Didn’t want to use the 4 letter “s” word.😄😄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

LINK

Parliamentary power: The law of the oil company allocated part of the profits to citizens

105030.jpg?width=750&&height=375 

12th March, 2018
The Chairman of the Committee on oil and energy parliamentary Ali Maaraj, Monday 12 March 2018, that the law of the National Oil Company allocated a percentage of the profits achieved for the company will go to the citizens, considering the law as one of the most important of the Council of Representatives.

Maarj said that among the most important laws voted by the House of Representatives is the law of the National Oil Company, which was in the inclusion of the Council for more than ten years because of political differences, according to local media reported.

He added that the law for the first time gives part of the wealth to the Iraqi people through a percentage of profits that are not less than 10% of the profits of the company, indicating that this percentage will be deposited in the Central Bank and received under a mechanism established by the Board of Directors of the company.

He explained that the percentage of profits to be given to the citizen will be deposited in four funds, namely: citizens, generations, oil provinces, and the capital fund of the company.

He went on to say that the allocations of the provinces were placed in the law, and there is a special paragraph for the social services of oil-producing provinces.

He pointed out that the National Oil Company is specialized in the production and marketing sector, which is an executive arm of the Ministry of Oil, because the ministry is the state policy of oil.

"We have put in place a mechanism to close the doors to the political blocs that nominate incompetent and non-competent figures, and so on.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

LINK

Oil announces reduction of oil derivatives imports by 25%

810.jpg 

12th March, 2018

The Ministry of Oil, reducing the import of oil derivatives by 25%, stressing that this measure will contribute to the provision of financial revenues to the Treasury Federal.

The oil ministry said in a press statement received by "Economy News" that "the oil minister Jabbar Ali al-Allaibi directed to reduce the import of oil derivatives by 25%, which provides financial revenues to the federal treasury . "

The statement quoted al-Allaibi as saying that "this move comes thanks to the policy of the Ministry of sound in the proper planning of the provision of oil derivatives to citizens and ministries and government buildings and companies and factories of the private sector and others."

Allaibi pointed out that "the rehabilitation of a number of refineries that were destroyed by terrorist gangs and the resumption of production has contributed to add additional amounts of national production as well as counting the addition of production units to the south and center refineries" .

He added that the achievement of self-sufficiency in the production of liquid gas has had a significant impact in reducing the proportion of imports by covering a large part of consumption in some facilities and offset by liquid gas, and the operation of production units in modern refineries and Chinese and Qayara and Kirkuk had a role in increasing Production of oil derivatives .

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I surely am enjoying the direction this thread is heading. These articles indicate to me that the HCL is uppermost in their minds as it is in ours. Just hope and pray that the HCL gets done in the very, very near future and I believe it will

. (Didn’t want to use the 4 letter “s” word.😄😄

I agree Bama Girl!!

True story: I was driving in another town from where I live this past Saturday.

At the time I was thinking, "what needs to happen to make this happen?" 

The HCL immediately came to mind as the last and only step.

But then, just as I was thinking this, I looked to my right and saw three block letters on top of a building: "HCL" (Canadian logistics company I've learned).

WOW, I thought.

Then I slowly looked to my left. The first word I saw in large print on a billboard was, wait for it..... CASH 

Double WOW.

Just sharing in the buildup of momentum to our station. Signs, signs, everywhere a sign...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 9