Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delta - Article: Float The Iraqi Dinar And Stop The Auction Currency Is The The Only Solution Of The Iraqi Economy !

DinarThug

On 2/18/2018 at 10:48 AM, DinarThug said:

2-17-2018   Newshound Guru chattels   Article:  "Baghdad News - The exchange rate of the dollar fell in the Iraqi market against the dinar, and the general trend on demand was moderate.

The exchange rate of the dollar in the Stock Exchange Baghdad purchase price $ 100 = 122.750 Iraqi dinars Selling price $ 100 = 122.800 Iraqi dinars."   

The market rate is improving for the Dinar against the dollar in Iraq.  

It was as high as 1,300 within the past year as I recall.

2-19-2018   Newshound Guru chattels   Difficult to know whether the "improvement" in the market rate for the dinar is the result of a decline in the value of the USD or betterment for the dinar?  

Likely the former some say.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Yes, Supra....We are all here just waiting, so might as well enjoy the ride. 

This person can neg me all they want but when I saw Chuck (the nicest person on here) with negs, then we know we got a nut case (sorry). lol

Nut case????  They belong in a padded room in a straight jacket with no light.  That is how insane whoever they are is.  But I digress.  Today is the tomorrow from yesterday that we are one day closer to sipping umbrella drinks and our toes in the sand.  :peace:

SR

• Upvote 4

2-19-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article: 

"Dollar rates: a slight rise in Baghdad, Erbil and stability in Basra"   

1221 to $1.  I believe the 2% goal is 1213 to $1  

(1184 + 6 dinar CBI commission =1190 x .02 = 1213)

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

2-19-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article: 

"Dollar rates: a slight rise in Baghdad, Erbil and stability in Basra"   

1221 to $1.  I believe the 2% goal is 1213 to $1  

(1184 + 6 dinar CBI commission =1190 x .02 = 1213)

Thanks Thug!

Once it hits 1213 IQD Street Rate, we will start counting down 90 days!

• Upvote 2

2-20-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article: 

"The recovery of the Iraqi dinar" ...

Nasiri is giving props to the CBI for reducing the spread.  

The IMF continues to guide them towards the finish line ever so slowly...

we all would love some sort of RV, but truthfully, it is just not possible.

Both monetary policy wise and logistically.  

But I do agree, Iraq does need to raise the value soon and hopefully that will begin to occur this year.

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 3

2-21-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article: 

"IFC is cooperating with the Iraqi Central Bank to strengthen corporate governance in the banking sector

Quote: "This initiative comes within the framework of IFC's strategy to stimulate private sector growth in Iraq..."   

...the IFC is going to drive investment into Iraq and as a result capital through the CBI. 

Exactly what we want... 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2018 at 10:38 AM, DinarThug said:

The dollar is blowing in Iraq

The dollar is blowing in Iraq 

2018/2/21 10:14 
Foreign exchange markets in Baghdad, on Wednesday morning, a significant decline in the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar.

The market price in the Kifah Exchange in Baghdad was 1220 dinars per dollar, or 122 thousand dinars for one hundred dollars.  The prices of selling and buying dollars in banking companies were: 

The selling price of one dollar 1225 dinars, or 122 thousand and 500 dinars, for one hundred dollars.  And the purchase price of the dollar is 1215 dinars, or 121 thousand and 500 dinars, for one hundred dollars. 

Foreign Exchange Rates: 
EUR World Price: 100 Euro = 123.23 
GBP The World Price: 100 Bounds = 139.85 $ The 
Turkish Lira The International Price: $ 100 = 379.15 Turkish Lira.

2-22-2018   Newshound/Intel Guru BGG   Article: 

"URGENT The dollar is blowing in Iraq"  

Quotes "Foreign exchange markets in Baghdad, on Wednesday morning, a significant decline in the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar."; 

"The selling price of one dollar 1225 dinars, or 122 thousand and 500 dinars, for one hundred dollars. 

And the purchase price of the dollar is 1215 dinars, or 121 thousand and 500 dinars, for one hundred dollars."    

...this is good news.

The Dinar is getting stronger.

It is harder to get (over here), the price is going up and the exchange rate is better over there (for us). 

None of this is bad. It is all good.

• Upvote 2

2-22-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni    [I read that the Official Rate is 1180.] ...

the CBI auction post under CBI news states the price at 1182. ...

market forces (interbank) are minimal at this point plus the CBI has pegged to the dollar. ...

that is why the CBI cannot stay pegged once in compliance. 

The CBI needs to move to a different exchange rate regime (some type of float) which would allow flexibility to adjust the value of the dinar based on economic pressure (this is known as discovery) created by investment. ...

I  think its key to understand why they CBI must move off the peg before investment begins...  

"Adopting a flexible exchange rate before liberalizing the capital account enables a country to absorb capital account shocks at  lower cost to the real economy than under a fixed exchange rate. 

By contrast, liberalizing the capital account first can help offset temporary current account shocks, expand the range of instruments available for risk management, and deepen the foreign exchange market." 

• Upvote 1