Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mitt Romney, Trump critic on the right, announces Senate run in Utah

The 2012 presidential candidate has condemned Trump – but a former spokesman says Romney will side with the president 80% of the time

Fri 16 Feb 2018 13.00 GMT

Lauren Gambino in Washington

3998.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=c01dd41025960471beb316db7e72f4a6
Mitt Romney in 2016. He has called Trump a ‘phony’ and a ‘fraud’.
Photograph: Matt Rourke/AP

• Upvote 1

Hopefully the people in Utah will send him packing and vote a real Conservative in to replace Hatch. I know POTUS Trump took 45% of the vote in Utah as opposed to 26% that Hillarious got. I know I wont be voting for him like many other but then there are those that will vote with the Church.....

If Romney get's in that will just be one more thorn in Trumps side obstructing getting anything done.

Karsten

• Upvote 1

By Hannity Staff - On February 16, 2018

Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney

Former presidential hopeful and Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney announced his return to the political arena Friday morning, officially kicking off his bid to replace outgoing Orrin Hatch as Utah’s next Senator.

Romney unveiled his Senate bid on social media with a two-minute long campaign video, claiming he was running to bring “Utah’s values to Washington.”

“I have decided to run for United States Senate because I believe I can help bring Utah’s values and Utah’s lessons to Washington,” he said. “Utah is a better model for Washington than Washington is for Utah.”

If elected, he would replace 83-year old Sen. Hatch; setting the stage for a high-stakes showdown between the former GOP presidential candidate and the Commander-in-Chief -whom Romney has repeatedly criticized as a “phony” and a “fraud.”

• Upvote 1